Your favorite gender in games?

Mr_Freaker

I guess I like both.

In Fallout 3, Skyrim and Mass Effect I made my character male.

In Saints Row The Third I made my character female.

In games that give you a choice I typically start with the female character first like for example Dead Island.

I enjoyed playing as Aya in Parasite Eve, Lara in Tomb Raider, and Regina from Dino Crisis.

I usually pick a male character, and female on my second playthrough. In games/apps that allow you to save multiple avatars of any gender, such as PS Home, I'll make multiple avatars and sometimes switch to a female, but I'm usually a male (on PS Home I'm usually a robot). :]

In Warframe, however, each warframe (class, character, or w/e) has only one gender, and it really doesn't matter. For example, Rhino is male, and Nova is female.

I'm a dude so i always play as a dude. A couple of times i was tempted to join the dark path of the trolls and make a female ID witha female character but i always think, "even jokes can go too far" so i never did. Now playing as a female for fun,  :hmm: i guess the closest i get is having a female tag team partner in fighting games, if it's a situation like squad selection i do have one or two females in it as well, balances out the sexual tension of the group.

Edited by LeonGarza321

Traditionally stick to the male default gender, unless there are key differences to playing a female role.

Though outside of games like the original Resident Evil (Jill had more inventory slots), there aren't too many that come to mind with gender-based improvements.

I've always went for the female ever since I was a kid. When I was 7 and figured out you could play as Peach on Super Mario RPG I freaked out.

The past aside, even though I prefer female, I will play male if it changes the story or experience. That being said I really REALLY regret starting off as a fighter in Dragon's Crown. I wanna be an Amazon. :-(

However I am playing as Juanita in Guacamelee. Maybe I haven't changed that much.

Hmmm.. it actually depends on the game I guess...

Fighting games - I tend to use the females... thinking they're the hit more than power...e.g. Xiaoyu in Tekken, Chun Li in MVC 1-3, Noel Vermilion in Blazblue...

RPGs - Just realized now that I tend to go with a party with almost females - e.g. Yu with the girls in P4G... Vanille, Lightning and Fang in FFXIII

Any other games that requires you to choose a gender at the beginning of the game - Male (well except for P3P since I can't find a perfect guide for P3P for male character)

I'm a female and always play through as a female if I can choose. Then if I want to do another play-through i might be a guy instead (eg: Dragon Age, Mass Effect). The only game I remember being a guy from the get go was World of Warcraft because I thought the Male Taurens looked better than the females and I wanted to be that specific race.

• 10 months later...