Your favorite gender in games?

Mr_Freaker

In games where the dialog/gameplay is affected by my gender choice, I usually go male. In fighting games (aka Tekken, Soul Calibur),, I go female because I usually like their outfits or hair. In Onlne games (Defiance), I go female because I don't want to decieve the other players, and there usually isn't that much of difference between the characters. In games like Borderlands, where each character has a special ability, I don't choose based on gender but rather on which ability I work best with.

I find it kind of weird if a game offers you a choice of gender and your first reaction is to pick the opposite one.

That being said, I can appreciate if there are gameplay or story related reasons for it... that's an entirely different situation.  If there isn't though, and that's the first direction you go in.  Eh...

Most console games I play are RPGs. In most cases the gender of characters is set. But if I have a choice, I prefer females. Let's face it - I'm a guy, and I'm gonna spend a lot of time with this character (I like spending time on grinding levels). And if I have to keep looking at the same character.... Yeah, I know, someone will say I'm sexist and so on. But to my defence I'll say that in some cases (Skyrim, Fallout 3, Dragon Age 1&2) I choose male. Same thing goes for all of my 'paper' RPG characters (my favourite Pathfinder character is a male, dwarven lich wizard). So, to sum it up - in most cases (about 3/4) I'm gonna go with female, but in some specific situations I might go with male

• 7 years later...

I don't really have a general preference. I also don't play a lot of games where you create or pick a character, I guess. 

I did play Mass Effect 2 as a dude back in the day, and would probably do the same now.

In Resident Evil 1 I liked to play as Jill a little bit more.

So yeah, depends on the game.

I like to play as female characters, as most often they have far more custumization options.For online play I found thatI get treaten with more respect and friendliness because I played a female.

Probably somed desperate men or boys

• Like 1

I always play as a male since i myself am a male...

I don't think i have ever played as a female, i just feel more vulnerable if i do you know??

I have seen plenty of females playing as males though, strange how that works.

• Like 1