Disappointing upgrade?

IKARUS-RG

Ghostrunner is one of my favourite games of last-gen so I was ecstatic when I heard it was getting a next-gen upgrade, and it definitely looks incredible in 4K!! I managed to earn the Platinum fairly quickly without an imported save because I wanted to fully enjoy the game once again.

All that said, my experience was a little disappointing due to technical issues that I never recall experiencing on PS4:

• The music will skip or cut out completely during levels
  • The SFX (of the sword particularly among other things) are quiet or completely missing
  • Cutscenes being extremely laggy with delayed audio
  • The crashes!! In the six hours I played my game crashed 9 times and I had to restart entire levels again - seemed to happen if I mashed the restart button right after dying ?

Aside from all that the gameplay is still as fluid as ever. Has anyone else had similar issues? Please share your own experience if you've played ?

• Like 4

The performance mode toggle doesn’t even work, it won’t display at 120hz unless you go into your ps5’s settings and set the “performance mode or resolution mode” option to performance mode, similar to cod Cold War which is disappointing since most games have figured it out since. Unless you do that, all it ends up doing is lowering the resolution while having the refresh stay at 60. Another issue I’ve noticed is in the level select, under each level it won’t display the different collectible icons, it displays a blank white square lol. Hopefully it’ll get patched soon.

Buggy as all hell. I spent the entire afternoon trying to complete level 15 to no avail as the game keeps crashing and throwing me back at the beginning of the level when I boot it up again­.

The game should not have been released in this state.

On 10/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, nickr_ said:

Buggy as all hell. I spent the entire afternoon trying to complete level 15 to no avail as the game keeps crashing and throwing me back at the beginning of the level when I boot it up again­.

The game should not have been released in this state.

Yeah, like I said in the other thread, this keeps happening to me, too. I can't believe a year-old game came out like this, as this has been just one of many bugs I've had with this game over the past year or so. And it sucks that, as far as I've seen, they've made no mention of fixes coming.

They only way I found to fix it is by enabling performance mode in the game menu and dropping the raytracing.l Haven't have a single crash since then but at that point, it looks pretty much like the ps4 version, so what's the point of the upgrade?