Obviously Metal Gear inspired game

Johnnyhatesrap

This game is a blast!  If this developers previous releases (UnEpic, Ghost 1.0) went under your radar and you have no idea what a treat you are in for I'll just say GRAB IT NOW! You won't regret it as UnMetal is relatively easy game to platinum while extremely enjoyable all the way through.

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

The name itself it's a reference to the Metal Gear series and the game it's inspired by that series. 

The only thing that I don't like about the trophy set is the platinum name (All Trophies Obtained).

Agreed. And they could make some references to MG game in trophies names or descriptions. Like Volume developers did

• 7 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 2:22 PM, VegaMan-X4 said:

You won't regret it as UnMetal is relatively easy game to platinum while extremely enjoyable all the way through.

How would you rate the plat difficulty in the scale of 1-10? The game is currently on sale, and I'm thinking about grabbing it.

12 hours ago, zizimonster said:

How would you rate the plat difficulty in the scale of 1-10? The game is currently on sale, and I'm thinking about grabbing it.

I dunno, rating difficulty isn't my thing exactly. Around 4 out of 10. It's not a hardcore game by any means and way easier than both UnEpic and Ghost 1.0.

I bought it twice already and woudn't mind another stack (which I rarely do). Definitely get it if it looks appealing to you in any aspect, I'd say. Solid game, surprisingly well done storytelling and it's ridiculously funny as well. My personal GotY of 2021 in fact.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

There are other 1980’s references in there as well. Jesse Fox was arrested “for a crime he did not commit” and that fact is repeated ad naseum. Queue the A-Team intro music.

Oh, that's what "Tribute to AT" track is! Benny Hill one was obvious but since I never watched A-Team (apart from a recent movie) series, I never picked on what it was. Thank you for mentioning!

17 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Oh, that's what "Tribute to AT" track is! Benny Hill one was obvious but since I never watched A-Team (apart from a recent movie) series, I never picked on what it was. Thank you for mentioning!

Yeah. My grandparents used to watch The A-Team back in the 1980's. As a kid, it was a big deal to stay up and watch tv with grandpa, so we would get in there early to see the whole episode. That was part of the voiceover intro: "In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team."

Wait, Jesse Fox was arrested for his crime in 1972. And the game calls him a crack commando too. oh my gosh. rofl

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Yeah. My grandparents used to watch The A-Team back in the 1980's. As a kid, it was a big deal to stay up and watch tv with grandpa, so we would get in there early to see the whole episode. That was part of the voiceover intro: "In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team."

Wait, Jesse Fox was arrested for his crime in 1972. And the game calls him a crack commando too. oh my gosh. rofl

Nice. A-Team series made it to my country in late 90-s and I was barely interested in watching TV at the time so missed it altogether.

Also 1972 is actually a mistake in terms of game narrative. The year is obviously suppose to be a 1992 and the "Komsomolets" submarine mentioned was actually real and sunked in late 80-s.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 11:35 AM, VegaMan-X4 said:

1972 is actually a mistake in terms of game narrative. The year is obviously suppose to be a 1992 and the "Komsomolets" submarine mentioned was actually real and sunked in late 80-s.

Jesse Fox doesn't make mistakes. He makes happy accidents.

Edited by poetic_justice_