Bugged to fucking hell

ZZ383

On my first playthrough with the same partner, we encountered numerous bugs, glitches, and freezes. Multiple aborts and console restarts to complete.

After finally finishing the 6th mission, I went took time to get the missable trophies, emote/kill partner whatever as well as finding the studio on the map. That worked fine.

It was then sitting on the world map and allowing the game to idle that my PS5 console froze. I must have a defective console because it shut it self off when we started playing the 1st mission. After the reboot it the world map showed that I had not completed any missions as the Agent. To simplify, my save file was deleted. And now I have all the trophies except Plat and the trophy for completing all missions as both characters. Hilarious. 

It's an alright, short game. The puzzles are a bit, ham-fisted in their vague non-description to the player as to what to do with the information, but it works fairly okay. But what's not acceptable is out of sinc ball guide, freezing on door lockpicks, straight up not showing the spam virus on the train. Practically every level has had one glitch per playthrough. 

Strange, the same thing happened to me while playing WWE2K20. For some reason while playing, my tv speaker got really fucked up. Sound became really distorted, It was really disturbing so I open my 3D Wireless Headset to see if it was my sound speakers or if it was bad sound quality for some reason. The sound was completely fine when I used my headphones but when I shut it off the speakers were still distorted. I trıed to ignore it, continue playing until the graphics instantly turned 8-bit. It was if my PS5 devolved into a PS1. It was like that for about 8 seconds and my PS5 just shut off completely. I turn it back on, it tells me to repair my external storage device, I do it. Wondering what the hell just happened, I look at my storage settings to see If anything was corrupted and then I notice that AC Ezio Collection just dissapeared. Which at the time it was the game I was working on to get the platinum. I download it back, fearing I had lost my save data but everything was ok when I opened it up.

To this day, I stıll do not know what the hell happened or if WWE2K20 was so shitty that it can literally shut down a PS5 by itself. Never played it again.

That wasn't my experience at all. This game worked just fine when I played with @gruffiiti I think we had one disconnection the first night we played, but we decided it was probably time for bed anyway and stopped playing. I can't recall any other glitches, bugs, crashes, etc. I recommend this game it's quite good. Fun and easy platinum. That sucks your experience was a glitch mess. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sorry you had a bad technical experience, though this sounds like an issue with your or your partners install, rather than the game, as me and my mate played the whole game and the DLC without such issues.

A shame this hampered the experience, as I thought Operation Tango was the best co-op game last year.

I did want to say though, on this:

On 30/09/2021 at 4:49 AM, ZZ383 said:

The puzzles are a bit, ham-fisted in their vague non-description to the player as to what to do with the information…

…that is literally the point of the game.

Working out what to to with the info presented to you is the puzzle - if they just gave you instructions telling you what to do, the game would be like 30 minutes long…

…and to be honest, they kind of do give you that if you chose to give up and use them - there are explicit ‘hints’ available in the menu :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:49 PM, ZZ383 said:

On my first playthrough with the same partner, we encountered numerous bugs, glitches, and freezes. Multiple aborts and console restarts to complete.

After finally finishing the 6th mission, I went took time to get the missable trophies, emote/kill partner whatever as well as finding the studio on the map. That worked fine.

It was then sitting on the world map and allowing the game to idle that my PS5 console froze. I must have a defective console because it shut it self off when we started playing the 1st mission. After the reboot it the world map showed that I had not completed any missions as the Agent. To simplify, my save file was deleted. And now I have all the trophies except Plat and the trophy for completing all missions as both characters. Hilarious. 

It's an alright, short game. The puzzles are a bit, ham-fisted in their vague non-description to the player as to what to do with the information, but it works fairly okay. But what's not acceptable is out of sinc ball guide, freezing on door lockpicks, straight up not showing the spam virus on the train. Practically every level has had one glitch per playthrough. 

Yeah i had some bugs when playing it with my irl friend, But the game is still honestly super fun i was laughing the whole way through and the bugs (minus the ones that didn't let me keep going without restarting the game) made it even better tbh.

• 3 months later...

Really loved this game, played with an IRL friend and we did two playthroughs. Although short I found this game to be really fun, different, and easy to pick up and go (lots of checkpoints). We only encountered a glitch once at the end of a level where one player has to jump down and the other player opens a large hatch. It just wouldn't open no matter what so we had to re-play the level, annoying but ok. I recommend playing this game, especially with a friend.