DLC Trophies

Vergil

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

How do the tournament trophies work?

I think that he will need to wait until Saturday(10/02) when the Tournament begins. If u click in Tournament Beta section u gonna see that have 3 Tournament schedule already. But i really don't know how will work if u need to participate or if u gonna need to win the Tournament.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UserNameButcher said:

I think that he will need to wait until Saturday(10/02) when the Tournament begins. If u click in Tournament Beta section u gonna see that have 3 Tournament schedule already. But i really don't know how will work if u need to participate or if u gonna need to win the Tournament.

All of the base game trophies and the new trophy for team battles only required you to play - win or lose. So I'm guessing tournament would be the same.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, UserNameButcher said:

35 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

All of the base game trophies and the new trophy for team battles only required you to play - win or lose. So I'm guessing tournament would be the same.

Same like in main game: Play 1/10 match/es in a Tournament Event.

30 team matches are easy boostable just with another player. Create "Team Match" room, set rounds to 1, players to 2, then in lobby when second player joined, press :triangle: to popup menu, "Begin" and play. Repeat 30 times. Both players will get the trophy.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Smashero said:

30 team matches are easy boostable just with another player. Create "Team Match" room, set rounds to 1, players to 2, then in lobby when second player joined, press :triangle: to popup menu, "Begin" and play. Repeat 30 times. Both players will get the trophy.

Thank u for this tip. I was thinking the trophy bugged on me already lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UserNameButcher said:

Im not looking forward to this crap. Gonna have to buy the stupid Japanese version now, ?‍♀️.

• Like 2

Why did I think it was ever a good idea to stack the trophies from the Japan version. WHY…?

Hopefully this is the one and only time DLC trophies are to come out of this title. Eventually I’m gonna have to buy the Japanese version once again which I had originally obtained from just one month of PS Plus membership on my JP account.

Honestly I’d prefer Sega just put a heavy discount on VF5/eSports sooner or later (heck, they could make it a F2P title) because this title really isn’t that great and that’s not because I spent tens of hours on it (all without using a turbo controller, believe me I don’t have one) it’s because, and I know I’m not too much into fighting games, I can just see that there are so many other franchises/titles I can get into the genre with before considering Virtua Fighter 5. I really only started this game because it was offered through PS Plus, just to unlock a bunch of “easy” ultra rare trophies. Today 4 of my Top 5 rarest trophies (based on PSNP rarity system) are from this game.

I’m quite proud of these really because I may never really know just how many people were like me in getting all these trophies legitimately playing vs. setting up their HORI Gamepad Turbo before bedtime, but I’m betting that’s a small percentage among an already small group of VF5 completionists.

And actually what if you lose your first game in tournament? Ok, you will get one trophy, so then you will have to participate in at least 9 another tournaments (time specific) assuming that you will lose every fight (only if you are out of tournament immediately after losing one fight). Oh well... We will see on 2nd of Oct ;).

And yeah... To buy JPN version or just extend the PS+ there... Difficult to get JPN PS+ card for one month...

2 minutes ago, Smashero said:

And actually what if you lose your first game in tournament? Ok, you will get one trophy, so then you will have to participate in at least 9 another tournaments (time specific) assuming that you will lose every fight (only if you are out of tournament immediately after losing one fight). Oh well... We will see on 2nd of Oct ;).

That's what I made out of it. But some of those event times are pretty bad.

22 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

Anyone knows how to register yourself for these tournamments? I have the required rank but i cant register on it!!

Because... Those options are not available yet? Try later, who knows, maybe they will be active just few hours before starting date.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

I'm curious what other people are planning to do for the tournaments. 

I was thinking it makes more sense to throw the first match so you get put into the losers tournament. Probably increases your odds of winning the second match and getting access to match three and possibly four. 

8 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

I'm curious what other people are planning to do for the tournaments. 

I was thinking it makes more sense to throw the first match so you get put into the losers tournament. Probably increases your odds of winning the second match and getting access to match three and possibly four. 

You'd be just as likely to win your first two matches and then lose and lose again.

Might as well give it your all.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

How do you know if it’s am or pm? For me it just says it starts at 7:00.

One of them said 16:00, so I’m assuming it’s 7am.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:07 AM, Smashero said:

To add to this, you can configure room settings to do Win 3 battles for the match. With this, you have a minimum of 3 matches and a max of 5 (tiebreaker). I just confirmed this with a friend, trophy popped on match 3/5 of the set. So theoretically, you can do 6 of these sets and save like 10 minutes or so of loading screens. 

Edit: I’m currently live rn waiting for the beta to open.

Edit 2: Entries are now open, get in while the going is hot!

Edit 3: Won my first match, let’s go!!!!!

Edit 4: It’s a bo3 set, with 3 rounds each. So ass!!!

Good luck @Vergil to advancing

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 4