Trophy thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

It might not be too difficult depending on how the rewind and slow-motion features work (i.e. which modes impliment those and if they disable trophies).

It’s going to be a long one though, hell of a lot of content to get through looking at that list.

Activating the slow motion feature (called helper function) deactivates the trophies + Ingame Mission. 
The Special Modes can be Tricky (Classic, Golden Banana...)
And the Challenge Modes are Playlists with a lot of levels that you need to finish without dying to often if you want the ingame mission which is required to get the "finish all missions" trophy.
So this Platinum isn't easy.

BUT you can enable the jump feature to finish some hard levels in the challenge modes easier.

• Like 1

This platinum will be very difficult. The marathon course will likely be one of the most challenging parts of the game. My guess is a 9/10 difficulty.

Platinum will be grindy as well, as you need to complete 747 missions. Expect a platinum time to be around 100 hours.

For anyone who has played it, do the mechanics feel like the OG Super Monkey Balls (1 & 2 for Gamecube/Deluxe for PS2/Xbox) or do they play like the newer ones? I've been basing my decision on getting the game on this one gripe, and I have no way to test it before buying.

Used to play the crap out of these games, beat every single level except Master Extra in both games. But I couldn't stand Banana Blitz.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AyAerith said:

For anyone who has played it, do the mechanics feel like the OG Super Monkey Balls (1 & 2 for Gamecube/Deluxe for PS2/Xbox) or do they play like the newer ones? I've been basing my decision on getting the game on this one gripe, and I have no way to test it before buying.

Used to play the crap out of these games, beat every single level except Master Extra in both games. But I couldn't stand Banana Blitz.

This goes into some decent detail about it.

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

This goes into some decent detail about it.

Wow, I know this is an exeggerated video but this looks incredibly disappointing. With completely new physics it is going to feel like a brand new game and I hate that. I've still got all that muscle memory from some levels, including knowing how to pause-buffer the harder ones, but it appears that knowledge will be out the window without the correct turn radius. 

Challenge mode is going to be insane. In the original, you had 99 lives to do it, now just 50? Ouch. 

Does this game still come out a month early on Switch versus PS/Xbox? I might get it on Switch to play around with it but if the controls are different, its a hard pass going for the PS completion. And I was excited to get another UR platinum :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AyAerith said:

Wow, I know this is an exeggerated video but this looks incredibly disappointing. With completely new physics it is going to feel like a brand new game and I hate that. I've still got all that muscle memory from some levels, including knowing how to pause-buffer the harder ones, but it appears that knowledge will be out the window without the correct turn radius. 

Challenge mode is going to be insane. In the original, you had 99 lives to do it, now just 50? Ouch. 

Does this game still come out a month early on Switch versus PS/Xbox? I might get it on Switch to play around with it but if the controls are different, its a hard pass going for the PS completion. And I was excited to get another UR platinum :(

It's out the 5th for everything. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Segimon said:

This platinum will be very difficult. The marathon course will likely be one of the most challenging parts of the game. My guess is a 9/10 difficulty.

Platinum will be grindy as well, as you need to complete 747 missions. Expect a platinum time to be around 100 hours.

Which leads one to wonder who on earth is gonna do this twice if there's no cross save, and even then you're punishing the good players for picking the better version of the game.

After playing a lot yesterday, I can say that if you have played monkey ball before on GC and use the jump function, most people will be able to get 99% of trophies. Plat will be insanely difficult, finishing marathon with > 30 fails is incredibly hard.

15 hours ago, Nuzzgok said:

After playing a lot yesterday, I can say that if you have played monkey ball before on GC and use the jump function, most people will be able to get 99% of trophies. Plat will be insanely difficult, finishing marathon with > 30 fails is incredibly hard.

Which marathon course are you talking about? I did the SMB1 marathon course today and the fail limit was 99.

• Like 1

This is definitely around a 9/10. Even with the jump feature, the harder marathons are extremely difficult. Not to mention all 747 missions need to be completed, which I completely underestimated. Some red goals can get absolutely insane. On top of the difficulty, there's also a shitload to do. Definitely not for the faint hearted. Nonetheless, the game has been a blast so far. But hey, at least we don't have to clear the Decathlon 36 times again. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flubberwunked said:

Which marathon course are you talking about? I did the SMB1 marathon course today and the fail limit was 99.

It's one of the missions, those are by far the hardest part of this to complete. The marathon courses themselves aren't too bad as you have actually have unlimited tries.

2 hours ago, Nuzzgok said:

It's one of the missions, those are by far the hardest part of this to complete. The marathon courses themselves aren't too bad as you have actually have unlimited tries.

Well that sucks. I just got through SMB2 marathon with 42 tries. That fucking stage called "Planets" took me like 20 tries it's the hardest level in the game

EDIT: I seriously can't find the mission you're talking about. I went through all 700 missions and didn't see it

Edited by Flubberwunked
  • Like 1