PSA! NUMERO UNO IS NOW OBTAINABLE!

Eventfuljet

6 minutes ago, Eventfuljet said:

I'm thinking this was the plan all along since Rockstar don't really care about this sort of thing. Your average person isn't gonna go for achievements so I think this is just the first week of rotation on the legacy jobs.

Yeah most likely. Good for everyone that still needs them at least! Hopefully the bombardment of emails customer support makes them decide to keep at least 1 of each game mode type running at all time so the trophy stays attainable.

I'm happy to see the modes return after just one week and I wouldn't be surprised if the reaction relating to the unobtainable trophy influenced it somewhat. It was always going to be the case that these jobs would "cycle in and out over time" so they'd have returned eventually, but the bigger concern I think was whether or not they'd be back in time before PS3's GTA Online shuts down.

And on that note, something potentially important to point out. I mentioned this morning that the game updates in the morning but the Newswire Articles about those updates don't get posted until the afternoon, so while we could confirm that the modes had returned we didn't get to see what Rockstar had to say about it. The article is now available and perhaps unfortunately, Rockstar states that they still plan to use these particular modes as ones they'll cycle in and out over time and that they're returning for a limited time:

Sea Races and Parachuting Jobs are also returning for a limited time, allowing those who have yet to unlock the “Numero Uno” Trophy/Achievement a chance to complete it. In order to free up space and to assist with player matchmaking, select GTA Online jobs now cycle in and out of the game over time.

While I wouldn't be too concerned if you're a PS4 player, I'd strongly recommend that if you still need the trophy on PS3 you now take this opportunity to do it as soon as you can. There's no guarantee that the next time they'll be removed won't be in the next few months before PS3 shuts down.

• Like 1

Can someone please explain how you unlock the ability to do parachute jobs on the PS3? I’ve read online that if you visit Lester, he gives you the option to call a bounty, you do that and then Dom phones you shortly after. I’ve visited Lester, he said to call if I need to place a bounty, but obviously that doesn’t work anymore so it just goes to voicemail. So how do I trigger the call from Dom? Thanks! 

I would like to think that the messages and support tickets sent to Rockstar did somewhat influence them or bring forward any plans to cycle the modes back in, as it quickly went from "no specific timeline / cannot provide a date" to "Hey, they are back a week or so later!"

Either way, managed to get on and get the trophies I needed done, so I am extremely pleased I can stop flapping about the matter ?

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and mopped up all the requirements I needed to complete for Número Uno and the rest of MP Trophies... with the exception of Decorated. I'm a few Platinum Medals short. I'll get the one for lap dances, which is easy though repetitive and frankly creepy, and I created a custom team deathmatch map that spawns every type of weapon to farm kills with them.

I really don't like these time-consuming Trophies in online games...

11 hours ago, LosAngelesPride said:

@Spider-Man916 it's your chance my friend 

Well, thank God!  Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend.  And everyone else going for the platinum. 

@LosAngelesPride Thanks for the heads up! ??

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 1

I’m level 35 and still locked out of parachuting jobs, and I have no clue what to do to get them to spawn or unlock. This sucks. ?

Edit: They finally started to unlock after my conversations with Lester/Dom, but took so long to pop in.  

Edited by HoorayForTyler

I was able to get this trophy the other day so thanks to the people here who posted about the stuff coming back in.

27 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I’m level 35 and still locked out of parachuting jobs, and I have no clue what to do to get them to spawn or unlock. This sucks. 1f61f.png

I could try to invite you into a parachute job if you want, as I got an invite to a parachute job the other day.

8 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

I was able to get this trophy the other day so thanks to the people here who posted about the stuff coming back in.

I could try to invite you into a parachute job if you want, as I got an invite to a parachute job the other day.

Thanks a bunch man, but literally minutes after my comment they started popping up on my map! ? It took FOREVER for them to spawn after my conversations with Dom, which apparently is the person who starts spawning them for you. The game just wanted to troll me lol. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I’m level 35 and still locked out of parachuting jobs, and I have no clue what to do to get them to spawn or unlock. This sucks. 1f61f.png

I don't know if you have tried it, here's some stuff that can maybe work for you:

• Check "Pause Menu > Online > Jobs > Play Job > Rockstar Created > Parachuting".
  • Talk to Lester in his house, it's mandatory to unlock parachuting.
  • If you are using the map, maybe you have it hidden.
  • Purchase a parachute in Ammunation.

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Thanks a bunch man, but literally minutes after my comment they started popping up on my map! 1f602.png It took FOREVER for them to spawn after my conversations with Dom, which apparently is the person who starts spawning them for you. The game just wanted to troll me lol. 

Oh nice, yeah I remember the game sometimes can take awhile for some stuff to show up. I can help out if you need an extra too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

I don't know if you have tried it, here's some stuff that can maybe work for you:

• Check "Pause Menu > Online > Jobs > Play Job > Rockstar Created > Parachuting".
  • Talk to Lester in his house, it's mandatory to unlock parachuting.
  • If you are using the map, maybe you have it hidden.
  • Purchase a parachute in Ammunation.

Yeah I figured it out: my conversations with Lester and Dom are what spawned them, it just took a very long time for them to appear. I was playing for the last day and a half with no luck, but it just took a while for the game to register that I had them unlocked or something. ??‍♂️

So for those wondering:

1. Talk to Lester at least once (in person). 

2. Wait until you have the option to set bounties (doesn’t have to be a human player, can be the NPCs that the game gives you). 
3. Wait until Dom contacts you. When he mentions giving you parachuting jobs just wait until they appear (my game took quite awhile to unlock them for some reason). 

There’s also no need to purchase the parachute beforehand!

• Like 2