Yet another old game with new DLC

BeautifulTorment

Really!!!! completed the game 8 years ago and now looks like i may have to get the ps4 version, my jp ps3 version will be useless as well when that list also gets the update, not to mention having to start from scratch as that save file is long gone.
I guess i'll be on the lookout for a cheap ps4 copy now.

Edited by Leenewbe

5 hours ago, DaaneS97 said:

Quick question, did they make any changes to the old trophies? Like did they add more armor and pets that are now also required?

Maybe. 

One trophy required to defeat all 3 mechanical bosses twice (Back for Seconds). It was changed for defeating all mechanical bosses simultaneously (Mechanical Mayhem). 

They added more armor, maybe pets too, in the first update that was PS4 only. It's likely that those are required for the trophy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OnlyCass said:

Apparently journey mode does not disable achievements/trophies, so you can use god mode, dupe items, change time/weather and difficulty at will

Interesting, I’m going to try this after work.  When I was trying to create a world yesterday it wasn’t selectable for some reason.  I’m guessing it’s probably related to the character I selected.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jounochi said:

Interesting, I’m going to try this after work.  When I was trying to create a world yesterday it wasn’t selectable for some reason.  I’m guessing it’s probably related to the character I selected.

It seems that only journey characters can go to journey worlds. Need to make new char to use that method. 

3 hours ago, Kavatus said:

It seems that only journey characters can go to journey worlds. Need to make new char to use that method. 

Yeah, seems like a cool way to play Terraria with the whole researching system.  Gonna finish these off with my main dude but may start another save in Journey for fun.

21 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

Yeah, seems like a cool way to play Terraria with the whole researching system.  Gonna finish these off with my main dude but may start another save in Journey for fun.

I played only on vita when I went for plat. No idea if I even put save on cloud. Then again not sure can you tranfer vita save to ps4 or are they separate on Terraria's cloud. 

Journey mode does seem to be faster method if you have to start from scratch. All items have to be found first before you can start to spawn them. God mode will make combat cake walk. 

12 hours ago, Jounochi said:

Keep us posted... ?

This is so stupid, if they bring more content for active players that is really nice, but including new trophies so late wtf?

I played on PS3 7 years ago. So i have to buy the ps4 version to play that new content and get the trophies. Just bring the new content but please

dont add trophies just to make money out of trophy hunters that way, this is just annoying!

• Like 1

So as far as I can tell, there used to be a way to transfer characters and worlds from Vita/PS3 to PS4, but the feature seems to have been removed entirely at some point. Starting over from scratch on Journey Mode should take around 8-12 hours to reach the point of being able to craft the Zenith, assuming you remember a little bit about the game's structure and know how to use a wiki.

Worst nightmare for completionists (especially 100% profiles) - DLC trophies added after years of moving on from the game and then discovering a trophy is unobtainable hoping and praying the devs will fix. The irony

Edited by MrTrofyHunter
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, Xylobe said:

So as far as I can tell, there used to be a way to transfer characters and worlds from Vita/PS3 to PS4, but the feature seems to have been removed entirely at some point. Starting over from scratch on Journey Mode should take around 8-12 hours to reach the point of being able to craft the Zenith, assuming you remember a little bit about the game's structure and know how to use a wiki.

Ya at a point they stopped updateing vita/ps3. They allso took a few things out. But from when i remember you can still put vita/ps3 saves on the cloud and use them on the ps4. Just can't put ps4 on vita/ps3 as it doesn't have stuff and just crashes. So in theory you can move your save. But they still be a big end of game gap.

I say wait a few months to fix trophies. [One is broken] then load up old save via cloud. There should be some people to help out then too. I know i use to copy world for duplicate stuff. That id let others take anything they need from. Hopefully we get a few good souls to do the same for theses 

1 hour ago, Zid960 said:

Ya at a point they stopped updateing vita/ps3. They allso took a few things out. But from when i remember you can still put vita/ps3 saves on the cloud and use them on the ps4. Just can't put ps4 on vita/ps3 as it doesn't have stuff and just crashes. So in theory you can move your save. But they still be a big end of game gap.

I say wait a few months to fix trophies. [One is broken] then load up old save via cloud. There should be some people to help out then too. I know i use to copy world for duplicate stuff. That id let others take anything they need from. Hopefully we get a few good souls to do the same for theses 

You can still upload Vita/PS3 characters and worlds, but unless I'm completely blind there's no longer any way to download them in the PS4 version.

• Like 1

What the actual fuck is that? This update pissed me off a lot! I don't give a shit about extra 3 trophies these guys added but why on earth would you change the name and icons of the fucking trophies? Hallowed be thy name was on my cabinet ( obviously because it's one of my favorite songs from Iron Maiden ) and now they changed the name and icon of it. What the fuck. Seriously, that is not cool.

• Like 4

Oh God, why? It's like Minecraft, I've finished it and then they kept adding trophies, constantly breaking my 100% completion. That nightmare ended only after they stopped supporting PS3/Vita and then ran out of possible trophies on PS4. And now, I was just 4 trophies away from a fully 100% profile... Also, I didn't really like Terraria, so me having to come back to it feels like a chore... Meh

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Oh God, why? It's like Minecraft, I've finished it and then they kept adding trophies, constantly breaking my 100% completion. That nightmare ended only after they stopped supporting PS3/Vita and then ran out of possible trophies on PS4. And now, I was just 4 trophies away from a fully 100% profile... Also, I didn't really like Terraria, so me having to come back to it feels like a chore... Meh

For what it's worth this is the final big update to the game so it is very unlikely that it will ever get more trophies. Also the new ones can be done in literally 10mins if you have the stuff to make the zenith (or someone to give it to you)

6 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

For what it's worth this is the final big update to the game so it is very unlikely that it will ever get more trophies. Also the new ones can be done in literally 10mins if you have the stuff to make the zenith (or someone to give it to you)

That is, considering the Fae Flyet will be achievable. Also, I will have to get the PS+ just to obtain a few trophies. It sucks