Fae Flayet trophy is bugged!

zak45737

9 minutes ago, zak45737 said:

I've defeated the Empress of light 24 times and still no trophy pop! I will attempt to be it during the day when it is enraged and 1 hit kills you. Will update if I beat it or it pops.

I beat it in once in day time and a few times in night time, trophy didn't pop for me either time

5 hours ago, Lt Lightning said:

I beat it in once in day time and a few times in night time, trophy didn't pop for me either time

Did you beat it in the day time while in multiplayer? It might be like the “Dead Men Tell No Tales” trophy, where it doesn’t seem to pop in multiplayer.

I got a response. Can anyone help me answer this? 

"Hi @Btorment thanks for this report. There used to be a bug (on PC) in which the Empress wouldn’t drop the Terraprisma (during a day time fight) if she was attacked during her initial animation when spawning. I’m wondering if the same thing is happening with the achievement?

Can you fight her one more time, do not attack her at all until she has well finished her animation when she spawns, and see if that makes a difference? Good luck!"

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I got a response. Can anyone help me answer this? 

"Hi @Btorment thanks for this report. There used to be a bug (on PC) in which the Empress wouldn’t drop the Terraprisma (during a day time fight) if she was attacked during her initial animation when spawning. I’m wondering if the same thing is happening with the achievement?

Can you fight her one more time, do not attack her at all until she has well finished her animation when she spawns, and see if that makes a difference? Good luck!"

Just killed her twice, both day time. One time nothing happened and the second time my game crashed. both of these are after waiting for her to spawn fully and even launch an attack at me. Trophy just doesn't seem to pop for any reason at all

I do have a screenshot of the error, can't post it in the forums though I don't think. Evidence of crash is here though if you would like it 

• Like 1

On 1.10.2021 at 5:35 PM, Segimon said:

Likely a PS3/Vita user who used CFW. 

The update doesn't exist on PS3/Vita, which is why so many of us are annoyed by this DLC.

We have to buy the game again now, to be able to complete it from the PS4 version. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janzor88 said:

The update doesn't exist on PS3/Vita, which is why so many of us are annoyed by this DLC.

We have to buy the game again now, to be able to complete it from the PS4 version. 

Even though the update doesn't exist on ps3/vita it shares the same trophy list so would you not still be able to mod the trophies?

6 minutes ago, Lt Lightning said:

Even though the update doesn't exist on ps3/vita it shares the same trophy list so would you not still be able to mod the trophies?

It actually doesn't on vita. The list shows up on the 'local vita list' as it always has. When you switch to the 'online vita list' it shows as a different list. I can't really explain it much better but its an odd case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janzor88 said:

You can still obtain the trophies illegitimately because the list is shared, regardless of whether the update is available on those consoles or not.

8 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

It actually doesn't on vita. The list shows up on the 'local vita list' as it always has. When you switch to the 'online vita list' it shows as a different list. I can't really explain it much better but its an odd case.

that's actually interesting that they've changed it, i haven't been on my vita in a bit so I was just assuming

• Like 1

I just filled in a request form on Re-Logic's website detailing the issue and I hope others have as well. It's beyond me how they didn't test these things before releasing the Journey's End update. It's so annoying to see a completion going down from 100% when knowing there are bugged trophies that needs patching. I really hope they fix this very soon so we can obtain this trophy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lt Lightning said:

Killed her another 15 times today, (god bless duplication for those lacewings). No trophy yet. Also I tried to get the dead mans chest trophy and my game crashed when I died. 

So many people are reporting crashes every time they try to do something post update and my game is working just fine. (other than this trophy of course) It's really wierd.

Don't know how simple it is to dupe but as a side note you can just turn off autosave after getting some lacewings and then quit to dashboard after using them if you wanted to farm attempts for the trophy ;) My favourite thing about the whole update is how it only takes a couple seconds to load my game now!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

So many people are reporting crashes every time they try to do something post update and my game is working just fine. (other than this trophy of course) It's really wierd.

Don't know how simple it is to dupe but as a side note you can just turn off autosave after getting some lacewings and then quit to dashboard after using them if you wanted to farm attempts for the trophy ;) My favourite thing about the whole update is how it only takes a couple seconds to load my game now!

I've been having a lot of crashes recently with this new update, especially when I host worlds it crashes for my friends a bit too. The weird thing about the dead man's chest was my game crashed and I got no trophy notification but when I looked at my list the trophy popped haha. Duplicating is pretty easy if you have a second controller, it basically doubles what you have every time so within like 5-10 minutes you can have 999 

On 1.10.2021 at 2:10 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

I have posted in their forums: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/fey-flayer-trophy-is-glitched.107823/

Keep the thread active, please!

Good thing they replied, I hope they will do something with it :/ it sucks, because even if you avoid unobtainable games, you are screwed now

• Like 1

I didn't saw it postet here so that's why i post it now. One of the terraria moderators on their forum said this:

This is not a bug. What you are referring to is an achievement only in the desktop version. It is an added achievement in version 1.4.1. Console is version 1.4.0.5

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/fae-flyer-trophy-bug.108090/post-2511455

Sounds to me that we simply arn't spposed to get the trophy yet. Which leads me to the question Why can people on xbox unlock it? and why can we get the items to spawn here allready?