Display problem

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Which version(s) of Mac OS are you all using? Something older than 10.12.1?

And have any of you tried the newest version of Firefox your OS will allow?

I'm on version 10.11.6 El Capitan. 

18 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The website isn't loading for me on both Chrome and Safari 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It turns out it worked for Chrome but not Firefox or Safari.

All 3 browsers provide a way to check the certificate. My guess would be that Firefox and Safari have not picked up the newly installed certificate yet. Try changing the "Trust" setting to "Always" (see my previous post) and restart your machine.

@LosAngelesPride Yep, identical problem. You would have to download the certificate through a different machine. But also I think most browsers provide an option to bypass the warning screen and continue anyway. That might work too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HusKy said:

All 3 browsers provide a way to check the certificate. My guess would be that Firefox and Safari have not picked up the newly installed certificate yet. Try changing the "Trust" setting to "Always" (see my previous post) and restart your machine.

@LosAngelesPride Yep, identical problem. You would have to download the certificate through a different machine. But also I think most browsers provide an option to bypass the warning screen and continue anyway. That might work too.

I've done that but Firefox and Safari still refuse to load the affected sites :(.

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I've done that but Firefox and Safari still refuse to load the affected sites :(.

I have no experience with Snow Leopard personally, but this is what it looks like for me when I check certificate chain directly in Safari. For you, the "Trust" should say "Always Trust" (in ideal case).

Also notice that I'm specifically checking certificate of an image.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/5836ba/Mc79890.png

g2afW3g.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

I have no experience with Snow Leopard personally, but this is what it looks like for me when I check certificate chain directly in Safari. For you, the "Trust" should say "Always Trust" (in ideal case).

Also notice that I'm specifically checking certificate of an image.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/5836ba/Mc79890.png

g2afW3g.png

I'll give that a try when I'm next on my Laptop :). EDIT 1: I think my version of Safari is just too old, because it has rendering and loading issues with a lot of sites :(. EDIT: After doing some tinkering, I managed to get Firefox working again :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

And have any of you tried the newest version of Firefox your OS will allow?

My Mac is

Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

All the browsers I tried have the same issue, but worded in different ways. On Chrome it says that my clock is ahead, but on Firefox it says the website I'm trying to visit is not secure. Safari says it cannot establish a secure connection to the server. 

How am I supposed to visit that link when none of my computer internet browsers work?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

My Mac is

Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

All the browsers I tried have the same issue, but worded in different ways. On Chrome it says that my clock is ahead, but on Firefox it says the website I'm trying to visit is not secure. Safari says it cannot establish a secure connection to the server. 

How am I supposed to visit that link when none of my computer internet browsers work?

I never would have suspected so many people were still surfing the web on such old OS. 

One method might be to use another device that can access the site to get the instructions and obtain the file and then email the file to the affected computer. 

• Like 1

On 2021-10-04 at 8:37 AM, DaivRules said:

I'm on 11.6, my MacBook is a year old, but just before the M1 chips. (I should have waited. :|) I've been trying Chrome, but I just checked, and it's the same in Safari and Firefox, and I'm pretty sure they're all updated to the latest version. But I don't mind it. Like I said, it's only when I'm comparing and there's a secret trophy, so I'm not gonna bother trying to fix it.

8 minutes ago, swedechick said:

I'm on 11.6, my MacBook is a year old, but just before the M1 chips. (I should have waited. :|) I've been trying Chrome, but I just checked, and it's the same in Safari and Firefox, and I'm pretty sure they're all updated to the latest version. But I don't mind it. Like I said, it's only when I'm comparing and there's a secret trophy, so I'm not gonna bother trying to fix it.

If you’re okay with it than no problem. Just a warning though. This is just the very first major security certificate to expire so anything older is going to continue to have more and bigger problems over the next few years. 

• Like 1

So, somewhat related - I haven't been able to see the "PS5" platform icon on game forums for months (maybe it never displayed properly?). If I look at individual trophy lists, game series or the front page, the PS5 icon is displayed fine:

ihFCvOU.png?1

...but, if I go to the game's forum, the icon (which I assume is the same?) is gone. Anyone else have this issue? Clearing my cache and fiddling with other knobs hasn't worked at all.

k7HrUQk.png?1

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

So, somewhat related - I haven't been able to see the "PS5" platform icon on game forums for months (maybe it never displayed properly?). If I look at individual trophy lists, game series or the front page, the PS5 icon is displayed fine:

ihFCvOU.png?1

...but, if I go to the game's forum, the icon (which I assume is the same?) is gone. Anyone else have this issue? Clearing my cache and fiddling with other knobs hasn't worked at all.

k7HrUQk.png?1

Just checked. Yup, looks the same for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

ihFCvOU.png?1

k7HrUQk.png?1

That's always been a thing, I think the problem there is Sly hasn't actually the PS5 tag for forum pages

• Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 0:26 AM, BlindMango said:

That's always been a thing, I think the problem there is Sly hasn't actually the PS5 tag for forum pages

It's there. It's just white and invisible. You can highlight it, or turn dark mode on:

V9XnLSR.png

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2