Fast way to farm coins and gears?

Lil-Gameboy123

• 3 months later...
On 07/01/2022 at 1:40 PM, turbogeek421 said:

At the moment, I've found the fastest way to get coins and gears is to do the daily challenges. I've been playing as much online as I can, but the waiting between races annoys me plus I've had a few server connection failures which (pun intended) grinds my gears.

I got the platinum a couple of days ago and it was a combination of daily challenges and online races. Ended up getting the 25,000 gears trophy before the 100,000 coins. Was focused on getting blind boxes, dismantling cars, upgrading them first when I had the gears to. After that it was a loop of win races (online or offline), buy blind boxes, sell cars, buy blind boxes with money from sold cars… repeat until almost insane. 

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, UnhallowedBlood said:

I'm surprised the platinum percentage for this is as high as it is (12.31% on the PS5 version). Even after finishing the story and DLCs 100%, you're nowhere close to 100k coins and 25k gears. The grind is kind of ridiculous for this type of game.

I had exactly the same thought when I looked up some ideas to manage the grind. My best guess would be that things were easier when the season passes were still active. 

Edited by HansPatat050
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, UnhallowedBlood said:

I'm surprised the platinum percentage for this is as high as it is (12.31% on the PS5 version). Even after finishing the story and DLCs 100%, you're nowhere close to 100k coins and 25k gears. The grind is kind of ridiculous for this type of game.

Yeah same thoughts here. Plus in the discord Milestone have said they're not looking to support it with anymore Racing Seasons. 

I'm just going to idle my PS4 in online lobbies because either way in a lobby of 5 you're still getting coins. Don't really wanna spend another 25-30 hours when I've already maxed out all the content.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HansPatat050 said:

Coins per won race has been patched per today.

For 1st place it's 525 per singleplayer race, 725 per multiplayer race.

Really? I haven’t been around Hot Wheels recently, but that’s a huge plus. I wonder why they decided to boost the coin rewards now instead of when the game launched. ? ??‍♂️

• Like 3

Pretty sure there is the opportunity to make custom races super short. Rinse and repeat, I used to take it in turns rubber banding one hour and the other person gets the race started again. Then you set up the race and the other person rubber bands. That way you can just go on your PC or phone etc.. 

8 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

@HansPatat050 @Lil-Gameboy123

So, would this substantially reduce that frightening 150 hour grind for the Platinum?

Absolutely. 30 hours max without save scumming and regular singleplayer grinding. Can be half the amount if you save scum or grind out multiplayer races.

8 hours ago, FocusDR said:

Pretty sure there is the opportunity to make custom races super short. Rinse and repeat, I used to take it in turns rubber banding one hour and the other person gets the race started again. Then you set up the race and the other person rubber bands. That way you can just go on your PC or phone etc.. 

Races should still last 20 seconds at least and there is a mechanic built in that you'll not get any coins if you're not driving. Would not recommend AFK grinding.

19 hours ago, HansPatat050 said:

Coins per won race has been patched per today.

For 1st place it's 525 per singleplayer race, 725 per multiplayer race.

That's great to hear! I'm really excited to finally play this now that it's a PS Plus game but couldn't believe how long the grind was at first when I heard they removed daily challenges.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HansPatat050 said:

Absolutely. 30 hours max without save scumming and regular singleplayer grinding. Can be half the amount if you save scum or grind out multiplayer races.

Races should still last 20 seconds at least and there is a mechanic built in that you'll not get any coins if you're not driving. Would not recommend AFK grinding.

Okay I played this game from day 1 on PS5 but didn’t go for the platinum. Too much of a boring grind once the fun stops 

8 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I haven’t played this game before so I was just wondering, Is it 725 coins regardless of whether you win or lose? Just completing an online race nets you those extra 200 coins as opposed to single player?

Yes correct. It jused to be 50 coins per offline win, 40 for second, 30 for third etc. And 100 coins per online win, 90 for second, 80 for third etc.

12 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

So how I play now is it simple to platinum? No excessive farming? And how about CPU difficulty instead?

It has a difficulty setting, easy medium hard. It's not a simple platinum as some time trials can be tricky, but it's absolutely doable and the game itself is good. Check out some shortcut videos on youtube. Should keep 20+ hours in mind to be on the safe side for the plat.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 0:29 PM, Siriodorione said:

So how I play now is it simple to platinum? No excessive farming? And how about CPU difficulty instead?

With the recent updates, there’s not really much farming left by the time you go through the City Rumble and DLC events if you bought the expansions. 525 in single player races will pretty much cover a lot of your progress towards 100,000 coins.

CPU Difficulty, you can do everything on Easy so then the races aren’t stressful. Plus, the CPU won’t use any major shortcuts on Easy, giving you an advantage. However, the platinum requires that you win a Quick Race on Hard Difficulty (just one race).

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123
  • Like 3

On 5/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

With the recent updates, there’s not really much farming left by the time you go through the City Rumble and DLC events if you bought the expansions. 525 in single player races will pretty much cover a lot of your progress towards 100,000 coins.

CPU Difficulty, you can do everything on Easy so then the races are stressful. Plus, the CPU won’t use any major shortcuts on Easy, giving you an advantage. However, the platinum requires that you win a Quick Race on Hard Difficulty (just one race).

I read that the only difficult trophy is the one on time trials, but as usual I think the best car and a little effort are enough and you can do it. I beat Oxide's ghost at CTR, I can do this too xD
I'm just afraid of the prize boxes ... having the random cars means not being sure of unlocking the good ones.

32 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I'm just afraid of the prize boxes ... having the random cars means not being sure of unlocking the good ones.

Not to worry. They give you this high-tier car from the start of the game (part of a free update, I believe)

maxresdefault.jpg

Furthermore, I've only played a few hours and already have 5 or 6 great vehicles.

Personally, I recommend upgrading and using this car if you can get it.

maxresdefault.jpg

In addition to the random prize boxes, there's also a rotating selection of cars for sale at the in-game store (bought with coins). Just gotta keep checking it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Not to worry. They give you this high-tier car from the start of the game (part of a free update, I believe)

maxresdefault.jpg

Furthermore, I've only played a few hours and already have 5 or 6 great vehicles.

Personally, I recommend upgrading and using this car if you can get it.

maxresdefault.jpg

In addition to the random prize boxes, there's also a rotating selection of cars for sale at the in-game store (bought with coins). Just gotta keep checking it.

As stated in the trophy guide, you could also back up your save to the PS Plus cloud or a USB Stick if you didn’t get anything good from the blind boxes. It won’t help with the trophies, but it will help you with trying to obtain good cars in the long run.

Also, the Koenisegg Jesko is another good car to look out for. When it’s in Legendary, almost all of its stats are maxed, with the only downside being it has just 2 boost reserves.

• Like 2

@Lil-Gameboy123

No need to save scum with the present in-game economy bro. Plenty of coins to buy boxes or cars from the store.

I already spotted the Koenigsegg in the store once, will grab it next time I see it and try it out.

But the 24 Ours is great. Upgrades to max score in speed, acceleration and control. Who the hell uses "brakes" anyways? ?

Seriously though, I did about 12 time-attack events, one of them - at the top of the map - was significantly harder than the others, but this car made it much more manageable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

@Lil-Gameboy123

No need to save scum with the present in-game economy bro. Plenty of coins to buy boxes or cars from the store.

I already spotted the Koenigsegg in the store once, will grab it next time I see it and try it out.

But the 24 Ours is great. Upgrades to max score in speed, acceleration and control. Who the hell uses "brakes" anyways? 1f602.png

Seriously though, I did about 12 time-attack events, one of them - at the top of the map - was significantly harder than the others, but this car made it much more manageable.

? yeah, I’m outdated with the latest info. The 24 hours is a good car, but the last car I drove was the car that looks like a toaster because I had downloaded a livery of The Krusty Krab onto it for laughs. Even my Koenisegg Jesko had a livery of Buzz Lightyear.

Aside from that, I’ve pretty much moved on from Hot Wheels, but I’m waiting to get the Looney Tunes Expansion on the PS5 version to finally clean that up for good.

• Like 1