[Fixed-Not needed] Glitched Trophy Workaround(PS5 Patch 1.000.007)

damcrac5

With the release of the patch today, 17 November, 2021, it seems the trophy bugs have been fixed.  Putting the workaround in a spoiler tag below for future reference, but this appears to no longer be needed.  

Spoiler

Disclaimer:  there have been at least 4 people that have tried this with success at unlocking the remaining missing trophies. Should out to @Jaquerjaques for being the first to give it a try after I thought I found the solution. 

Steps I've taken to have had multiple days of trophies unlocking for me as scheduled are as follows.

1. Create a new local/guest account on your PS5.  Name does not matter, just have it be an offline only account.
  2. Start and play the PS5 version of Maneater, unlocking all trophies that were bugged on your PSN account.
  3. When complete, delete your PSN account from your PS5. (Please back up your saves to the cloud or hard drive as they will all be deleted as well). ***deleting your profile will also delete any videos or screen shots capture by that profile, back them up as well as your saves ***
  4. Select your local/guest account with the completed trophies, and sign-into your PSN profile from that account.
  5. Go to your trophies, options, sync trophies
  6. Your trophy list should update with the completed trophies (May take a minute or so for the sync to finish.
  7. Profit.

Video of guest account. Thanks @Toxicmatic-  I should have shared this originally. 

Once you've played the game a bit, you can fly through the base game doing only the story line required quests to access the DLC as fast as possible.  I'm at 4 hours of play time and I'm on the last quest line that ends in the final battle.

Of note, I decided to merge my guest account with my PSN profile prior to completing all the trophies and I have had successful unlock of trophies for the past couple of days, but that is over to you on when you would like to merge.  I resumed where I left off on the guest account after the merger without issues.  Trophies are still being unlocked.  

As a precaution, I am always swimming back to a grotto, selecting exit to menu and then close the game app to prevent any potential save corruption from rest mode or when another game is played. May not be a factor, but it is something to consider. 

If you try this and are successful, please post here to spread the word as I am uncertain as to when Tripwire will have a fix to pop the trophies.

Good luck!

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hundo-X-Percento said:

Thanks for sharing this but I'm a bit confused with step 3? Do you have to delete your PSN profile from your ps5? Or is there a way for it to be in-active? I'm keen to try this but I don't want to have to back up all my current saves as I've been burnt before with it not working later on haha

From my understanding on how to merge trophy progress and save data from the local/guest account your psn profile can not be on the console itself. So you would need to go to settings, users, and delete your psn profile from the ps5. I'm not sure what other ways outside of the cloud, external hard drive and or thumb drive, but I haven't really heard of any of these not working. Just verify that the date time and file size on your external save location matches what is on the console and it should work. 

Edit: your account name is very appropriate. I hope to get back there soon. Glitched trophys are scary and frustrating. I've had 2, madden 21 and this. 

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 1

I will never thank you enough for this workaround. It actually allowed me to get the last 2 remaining trophies (Fan Fare and Island Queen). I couldn’t get them to pop with the patch and I already tried to do the game another time on my main account and it didn’t pop so I was really bummed out.

but I tried your method and rushed through the main game in a few hours and I got the remaining two trophies just how I was supposed to get them. This really saved me from losing my 100% profile completion haha.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Coco-kun11 said:

I will never thank you enough for this workaround. It actually allowed me to get the last 2 remaining trophies (Fan Fare and Island Queen). I couldn’t get them to pop with the patch and I already tried to do the game another time on my main account and it didn’t pop so I was really bummed out.

but I tried your method and rushed through the main game in a few hours and I got the remaining two trophies just how I was supposed to get them. This really saved me from losing my 100% profile completion haha.

Great to hear it has worked for someone else having trouble. Quick question. When you replayed it on your main psn account, did you completely delete your save file locally and on the cloud or did you just play on slot 2 or 3 in game?

it worked ! finally popped ! now i can delete this game and never look at it again lol but Thank you so much man, idk who you got the workaround from but thanks for posting it ! i was kinda on the fence on playing the whole game from the base game through the DLC again but it was worth it ! Only took about 6 & a half hours...  CONFIRMED WORKS

Edited by Toxicmatic-
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toxicmatic- said:

it worked ! finally popped ! now i can delete this game and never look at it again lol but Thank you so much man, idk who you got the workaround from but thanks for posting it ! i was kinda on the fence on playing the whole game from the base game through the DLC again but it was worth it ! Only took about 6 & a half hours...  CONFIRMED WORKS

Thanks for confirming. Now we hope it gets out to people and they get this thing finished off. 

5 hours ago, Coco-kun11 said:

Can you please advise what did you do? I am stuck at 98% since Island queen did not unlock. I have save save slot 1 with the completed game including dlc & slot 2 just beginning the dlc. Appreciate your advice, thank you.

9 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Great to hear it has worked for someone else having trouble. Quick question. When you replayed it on your main psn account, did you completely delete your save file locally and on the cloud or did you just play on slot 2 or 3 in game?

when I replayed the game a second time on my main account (before the latest patch got released), I played it on Slot 2. I kept my 100% completed save file on slot 1 just in case it would retroactively award the trophies after the patch but it didn’t. And doing the DLC again on slot 2 many times (I backed up my save online before doing anything in the DLC) would NEVER award me with the two remaining trophies.

But your workaround worked flawlessly. I was really nervous when fighting the last Infamy 5 boss (I had three crashes against her before the patch, because my health would go below 30%) but I had the full Atomic set and she didn’t have a chance. It was over in 15 seconds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GameManiac085 said:

Can you please advise what did you do? I am stuck at 98% since Island queen did not unlock. I have save save slot 1 with the completed game including dlc & slot 2 just beginning the dlc. Appreciate your advice, thank you.

If you mean slot 2 save in game on the same profile then that won't work. You will have to create an entirely new guest/local account on your playstation and play through the whole game again on that account. Then afterwards, delete the profile with your main account and sync your psn to the guest account. Sorry if it sounds a bit confusing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GameManiac085 said:

I followed this guide. You should forget about your main user profile for now and create a new guest account without signing in (select Offline only), and play the game. If you’re lacking only DLC trophies like me, you’ll still have to beat the main game but just rush through it. I did it in 3 hours approximately. If the trophies pop as they should like they did to me, you should be good to beat the DLC. Once you get all the trophies you need, go back to your main user profile, delete it, log back into the guest account where you got the trophies and sign in to the PSN and sync the trophies. It will add the missing trophies to your previous synced ones.

be careful to back up all your saves online before deleting your profile as deleting your user profile will delete them from your system

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Fantastic news!  A couple of questions about this method.

1. Will the time stamps for the trophies be maintained when syncing them to the main account?
  2. Does deleting your main PSN account also remove your media gallery?

1. Yes. If you look at my time stamps trophies earned on the 28th of September are before I merged my accounts. 

2. Yes, it will prompt you that all videos and screen shots will be deleted as well. So you need to back those up. I'll update the original post to make sure this doesn't catch anyone off guard. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:49 AM, damcrac5 said:

1. Yes. If you look at my time stamps trophies earned on the 28th of September are before I merged my accounts. 

2. Yes, it will prompt you that all videos and screen shots will be deleted as well. So you need to back those up. I'll update the original post to make sure this doesn't catch anyone off guard. 

Good to know!

It's a bummer that you can't "reimport" your capture gallery.  I enjoy the trophy captures being associated in the trophy list, and to my knowledge once you clear out the capture gallery you can't get this back :(

Still, this is a great resource in case Tripwire doesn't fix the game.  Myself, I have not tried for the DLC and I'm hoping when I get around to it I have no issues.  The base game on PS5 popped trophies for me no problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vitis705 said:

Worked for me too, just needed Island queen but just popped it! Thanks to everyone who figured this out and confirmed it worked. Note to self: never touch another trip wire game. If I never eat another fish it will be too soon!

I agree with your note to self this should also be a note to everyone ?

Edited by locofella83