Some very weird crash..Help me understand please.

Sk1pper_Oz

How can a game make my PS5 turn off?

Was playing Hades with no problem, and I decided to give Fifa a go. Downloaded it. Launched it. Mid way thru the intro I thought was time to skip and quickly go to the real game... and bum. 

Playstation turned off. When turned on It started "rebuilding database", upon reaching 100%, instead of turning back on it was turning off, and then on again and rebuild database, over and over again. 

Only way to turn the console back on was from safe mode, update the system software (witch btw was already updated before) and after that the console starts with no problem. Once in the menu I can run disc games, every other digital game, but if I try to play Fifa the console shuts down again. The very few times just the game crashes it gives the following error: CE-108255-1. But is the only game that has this problem. It truly doesn't make any sense to me. 

I tried to reset the console, reinstall the system software, delete cache and of course rebuilding database ?

but nothing. 

In 20 years of gaming I've never seen a game shutting down a console for something different then overheating. Should I send it to assistance or it's a matter then can be solved with a game update? I'm very ignorant on a technical level, but I would love to understand what the hell is going on. 

Thank you ahead for your time.

Sounds like an issue Fifa is causing given it seems to be solely occurring when you play it and gives you that error code related to software crashes.

Check EA forums related to Fifa and see if other players on PS5 are having the same issue you are.

Is it the newest release? Could need another round of patches as is the norm with new games

8 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Sounds like an issue Fifa is causing given it seems to be solely occurring when you play it and gives you that error code related to software crashes.

Check EA forums related to Fifa and see if other players on PS5 are having the same issue you are.

Is it the newest release? Could need another round of patches as is the norm with new games

5 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

Have you contact your local PS Support Center? It seems like a wide-ranged issue: Error Code CE-108255-1 - Potential fix MEGA LIST : PS5 (reddit.com)

I've tried to talk to EA, but they said that as the console turns off I should talk to Sony as is "their duty". Couldn't contact Sony yet as is Saturday and they don't work. But what I'm afraid of is sending the playstation to fix for weeks for something that, as @Null_Spectre mentioned may be due to Fifa and can be patched by them. I've tried pretty much everything in the reddit post you shared @Astray404, nothing seem to make the game work. Something I found on a another reddit thread was about the game language causing this error, and it may be my case as I have the game in Italian, but voices in English. Tried to switch back to everything in English but that haven't solved the problem unfortunately.