Collectables & Master Difficulty

MystifyR

Curious on what everyone's opinions are on the collectables situation and the master difficulty run? whether or not its worth getting the collectables on the Normal or whatever difficulty you chose first or get them on the Master run?

Since the master difficultly glitch was patched, seems to me that 100% the game on master is the logical way to go, as the process will basically max you out on all fronts rather then doing it twice on Normal then Master since theres no NG+ which sucks and i get the feeling probably will never come??

• Like 1

To be the most time effective, yes. Save the collectibles for the master playthrough. Get all of them as you go as you will want the upgrades especially health early on. First playthrough can be on story mode so you can probably get away with normal acquisition of upgrades. 

• Like 2

I just finished the game in master and have the platinum, my recomendation is play in normal or hard in the first run and get all the collectibles, after the first pass you only need to pass the game in the master difficulty (unlocks after the first play), this difficulty is very hard to be honest, but now you know a lot of the collectibles so you can get upgrade you weapones and you life bar.
Otherwise you can play in easy and only pass the game fast, after, play in master and unlock everything. It's a really short game but the difficulty factor can be the difference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this is an old post, however, I will add my opinion in case anyone revisits it.

You should get all collectables in your first run. In master difficulty, you can get most of them again naturally without any difficulty, by virtue of most enemy encounters being mandatory, but with one significant exception - cursed chests. These can be quite challenging, and the reward is only cosmetic hats, so getting these on your easier play-through and then ignoring them completely on your master play-through will make for a much smoother run overall.

• Like 4

I just finished on master as well and I got all collectables in my first playthrough (normal) too, but, I also collected everything in my master playthrough as well.

Thus I found it making the master difficulty a little bit more easy doing so, because it helped me getting upgrades and rot (to be able to use more abilities infight) faster, which benefits you in boss fights.

What also helped me was watching some video-guides on youtube. Especially "Fuzzy Bearbarian" does great explaining!

Hope this helps. Enjoy :)

• Like 1