Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream (February 25, 2022)

Eeeehh, sure, why not I mean... I think nobody ask for this and actually Sophie is my favorite game inside the Mystery trilogy but why? why a new Sophie game when Ryza just have 2 games? and if they will do a new Sophie game... it means that this game events occur after the first game or after Lydie and Suelle when Sophie is like 21 years old? maybe Gust realized that Ryza 2 was a bad game without any sense.

In any case I'm happy to see a new Sophie game, it's great but it's strange, after 6 years a new Sophie game does not make too much sense at least to me. 

• 3 weeks later...

A mysterious story of a mysterious dream…

Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream continues the story of Sophie and Plachta’s many adventures. After leaving Sophie’s hometown of Kirchen Bell, the pair discovers a huge tree identical to one that Plachta had seen in a dream, and as they get closer, a mysterious vortex pulls them inside. Sophie awakens alone in a curious new world called Erde Wiege, and it’s not long before she hears about an alchemist named Plachta that lives on the outskirts of town. Shockingly, when Sophie arrives at the atelier, she meets a young alchemy enthusiast named Plachta, and even though the alchemist shares the same name as her friend, she doesn’t recognise Sophie.

What other surprises await Sophie on this journey? As the adventure continues, Sophie meets aspiring alchemist, Ramizel Erlenmeyer, who willingly agrees to help her in her time of need. The narrative elegantly unfolds with a charming new visual style that combines the art of the Mysterious sub-series with the high-quality graphics and animations featured in 2021’s Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends and the Secret Fairy.

Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream is currently in development for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Windows PC via Steam and is scheduled to release across Europe & North America on the 25th February 2022.

Learn more: https://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/sophie2

NIS America will distribute a limited edition of Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream in North America. Priced at $119.99, it includes a copy of the game, Japanese imports of the official art book, bonus soundtrack, original art B3 fabric poster, and Sophie’s whale necklace key chain, a download code for the “My New Look” costume, and a special box. Pre-orders are available now via NIS America Online Store.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 3

Being set in-between Sophie and Firis is kind of a bummer. Rewarding costumes only for DX versions is another bummer. Not excited, but I love Sophie as a character so maybe if the game is great I'll pick it up regardless.

Edited by Akrioz

It might not be Ryza 3, but at least they're letting Sophie wear her outfit, so we still get some thigh action. ? I like that they give you bonus outfits from having save data from some of the previous games as well. Too bad that seems to be limited to the DX versions. Those bundles are ridiculously expensive, and they never go on sale for a decent price either. Ryza's costume is my favourite anyway, so I guess it's not a big loss for me personally. I also thought it was interesting that they're not making a native PS5 version this time around. That fact that Ryza 2 did get a PS5 version was always kind of odd to me since you can tell it would have sold poorly.

Loli Plachta ?

0lVFSuP.png

Edited by Undead Wolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally available for pre-order on the Australian PSN store. Three versions available. Regular, Digital Deluxe, and Ultimate Edition. Priced at $84.95, $99.95, and $169.95, respectively.

I don't know about the Ultimate Edition. Yes, it included the season pass which is going to include 14 pieces of content, but 10 of those are costumes. The final bit, "Extra Scenario/Area: Atelier Plachta" has me intersted, but I think the season pass is something I can wait for when it's on sale eventually. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this has ANY improvement on the PS5 since there's no native version? Mostly interested if its 60 FPS. Most Youtube videos just say 4k/60FPS, which is not an indication of anything nowadays since the videos are just recorded like that. And can't really find any info.