You can use cheats during mission replays

Nobody seems to know this, but animus hacks don't permanently disable trophies or saving, and they can therefore be exploited when replaying missions. Credit goes to this TA solution

How animus hacks work:

When you activate a cheat like invulnerability, it seamlessly becomes active when you unpause the game. While the cheat is active, game progress won't be saved and trophies won't be earned. When you turn off the cheats and unpause the game, you enter a loading screen to reload a checkpoint from before you activated the cheat(s). For example, I tried liberating a fort with cheats on, but when I turned them back off, I respawned elsewhere and the fort was still under enemy control.

However, when you activate cheats while replaying a mission (it cannot be the first time - I tested that), any sync points you earn will be saved and the cheats will automatically be disabled when you return to free roam. This trivializes the vast majority of optional objectives, since you can become undetectable, invulnerable, always 1-hit-kill, etc... It's speculated that you must complete your final optional objective(s) without any cheats in order to unlock 'Perfectionist' - I did this to be on the safe side, so can't verify whether it's true.

Note that the bottom 3 animus hacks (weather, time of day, season) do not disable trophies/saving, so feel free to keep it clear and sunny if you prefer. This also helps with Encyclopedia of the Common Man since the workers only operate in daytime, and some of them have unique activities exclusive to winter.

How useful are they?

• Generally speaking, anything involving stealth or not taking damage becomes trivial, with a couple of exceptions:
    • There's a sequence 12 mission objective to not take any fire damage. The invulnerability cheat doesn't help you with this, despite working for similar objectives in other missions.
    • On very rare occasions, you may still be detected despite using the Ninja cheat (undetectable). I think this happens when you try to pass a line of guards guarding an entrance to something, so try to just go around them. Also, you'll still be detected if you perform a high-profile action such as shooting or killing a guard in front of other guards.
  • In the boat missions (naval/privateering), the only cheat that has any effect is 'semi-auto' which normally makes it so you don't have to reload your pistol, but on the boat, this removes the cooldown from the swivel shot (but not the cannons, unfortunately). There's one mission in particular that becomes quite a bit easier with this, 'The Chase' naval mission; it becomes a lot easier to keep your ally above 50% health.

Obviously you should attempt the optional objectives on your first playthrough, but this is a helpful trick for any frustrating missions (or if you beat the game many years ago without minding the optionals, like me)

• Like 1

I completed the entire Assassin's Creed saga years ago in a completely legit way. I didn't even bother to try the in-game cheats.

However, I didn’t even know that you could do what you have explained here… and that's fine, if can help someone who is having trouble getting over a certain point in the game.