[FIXED] Can't download/renew any PS Plus redeemed titles. (C0-9250-6) Error.

Null_Spectre

UPDATE [06/11/21]:

Been a week of no issues on my end and no reports from other users. Though the issue is resolved it's possible it could occur again in the future as Sony's focus gets stronger on the PS5 backend and lessens the upkeep on legacy servers.

UPDATE [29/10/21]:

A number of users are now reporting that they are able to download and access their PS+ content again. With no official confirmation from Sony it's hard to say if it's definitively resolved.

And we may never get confirmation from Sony, for now we can only go by confirmations from other users who had this issue.

UPDATE [18/10/21]:

Received this email today from an actual person at PlayStation Support...

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

We have redeemed a 1 day PS Plus voucher on your account in order to refresh your PS Plus license. We kindly advise you that auto renewal has been turned off. You will need to turn auto-renewal back on if you would like their subscription to renew.

Please be advised to restore your licenses before attempting to access the content.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support, and one of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

The PlayStation Support Team 

From reading this they seem to be fixing the issue on a case by case basis? Meaning anyone with this exact issue needs to contact PlayStation Support through your respective region's support portal.

Annoyingly I had bought a month of PS Plus 2 weeks ago with the idea in mind that it would change my PS Plus expiry date.

PlayStation Support's method however resolved the issue for me.

***IMPORTANT***

So far the only way of fixing this was to contact PlayStation Support, specify it's a PlayStation Plus issue along with the error code, hell just copy and paste the thread title, explain it was fixed for another user when Support redeemed a 1 day PS Plus Voucher on their account and hope that you don't have a long wait time (I used email, might get faster results by calling).

============================================================================================================================================================

STEPS:

This is only assuming what Sony fixed on their end has been implemented worldwide. I just know it's working for me in Ireland (European Region) right now.

If the (C0-9250-6) error is affecting games you still have installed, you need to do the following:

1. Take note of the games that give you a (C0-9250-6) error AND check for a bad expiry date in the game's Information, usually is 1/1/1 1:00am.
  2. If a PS+ redeemed game has a normal expiry date like 15/06/2021, it should renew automatically when you start it. I tested a backup game from my PC and it started without issue.
  3. IMPORTANT! Backup the saves of any games with a bad expiry date. Backups can be sent to the PS+ Cloud or your PC/MAC through Content Manager.
  4. Delete the games you've taken note of that have what is mentioned in 1. above.
  5. Search for those same games on the PSN Vita Store, it's quicker than using the Download List.
  6. Download one game to test.
  7. It should now start without issue with a fresh license.
  8. And it goes without saying but restore any saves you might have backed up before.

Again this method was tested with titles redeemed through PS+. Purchased titles did not have this issue.

Notes:

• You could use a PS3 to re-download any titles as the download speeds would be quicker than over Wi-Fi on the Vita.
  • Can't test if downloading a PS+ game while it is already installed on a Vita with a bad expiry date of 1/1/1 1:00am fixes the date, it's better in my opinion to just download a fresh copy.
  • Also unsure if what Sony fixed on their end has been implemented worldwide. I just know it's working for me in Ireland (European Region) right now.

============================================================================================================================================================

ORIGINAL POST:

So I've been working on Killzone Mercenary and wanted a change of pace, started up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and I got the following (C0-9250-6) error asking me to re-download the title from my "Downloads List".

Thought it was just one title issue so tried another, same error again and found it occurring on only PS Plus titles.

So I tried downloading a title from my "Downloads List" and I get the same error code "Can't download".

Downloaded the same title to my PS3 and transferred over with Content Manager, attempted to activate, again same error.

Googling comes up with nothing, all I get are articles regarding CFW, so as a hail mary did a deactivated my system, factory reset and reactivated.

Paid games work without trouble but I am still having issues with only PS Plus titles and this only started occurring this week, last week I had no troubles.

Anyone else having issues, only found one other person on Reddit with the same issue as mine.

Edited by Null_Spectre
Added update on 05/11/21.
  • Like 3

Yeah that's all I found too googling that error code. It relates to a license issue but these are PS Plus titles and the Vita I have is using original firmware after the factory reset and a different memory card that CFW never touched.

Just the timing of it with the Doomsday Cert issue, wonder is it connected.

From what I understand, Sony customer service reps were basically told from their higher ups that PS3 and Vita are no loner supported (hardware-wise) at some point, I think earlier this year, so that's what a lot of them now immediately tell you when trying to get support for those systems. But it's not entirely true, they are still supported software/online side (even if it is minimal), as they still sell content on those devices, still support PS+, and still keep the servers operational. I know it's like pulling teeth with them, but it's something you have to to remind them of. I'm not sure of the legality of refusing to offer support when it comes to services you pay for (such as PS+ and digital games), but I imagine it wouldn't fly in some countries.

Hopefully you and others get eventually this issue sorted. I haven't tested to see if I have the issue myself yet, but I will when I get the chance.

There's been so many issues with the Vita and PS3, and PS+ on those systems in the past year that it's just depressing at this point. At least many of them have seemingly been fixed at some point, but some remain (such as the Vita activation issue), and I think a few individual people are still affected by PS+ games being locked even after renewing.

Edit: Started up a PS+ game I haven't booted in years, so it had "expired". No issues with it renewing and starting though. I doubt it's a regional thing since I quickly checked everyone's PSN Profiles here and every single account is tied to a different country. Must be another unfortunate case of "affects some accounts, but not others", for some inexplicable reason.

Only other thing I'm finding on this issue is some people having the exact same issue OP described, but receiving a different error code, NP-9978-3. Like the other error code, there isn't really much information on what it means, it's just a standard "an error has occurred" code.

This particular error seems more common though, and has cropped up a few times over the years, most recently in the past week due to this current issue with PS+ games not working, and around back in March/April when the scrapped PS3/Vita store closures where initially announced. Whatever the cause, it seems this particular error code is always a server side issue on Sony's end.

Some people have claimed downloading a free theme/avatar/demo/etc. from the store has solved the issue for them. Some say to spam the download button, but if it's something you already have installed, that's not really going to help.

Hopefully this does get resolved at some point. It's concerning the activation issue also still seems to be around after all these months, so I don't have a ton of faith in Sony, but it's an issue on their end so it's out of anyone else's hands.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 2

Has anyone tried downloading a PS3 PS+ title since this error started? I don't have access to my PS3 at the moment, but I'm curious to know if it's exclusive to the Vita or a bit more widespread.

I always hate seeing an error message on my Vita because I know it's so damn painful to get any support for it.

Just an update to this, I decided to start up another PS+ game today just for good measure, and it started fine, but I noticed something weird. When I look at the expiry date now, it's apparently 2027/8/18 at 4:28pm. This makes no sense, as my PS+ expires in June or July of 2024. I assume it's some kind of glitch, but it's definitely weird.

@RoastedPeanut I tested my PS3 as well. Started up an expired PS+ game, it started fine. Checked the new expiry date, it is ALSO ending in 2027 on the exact date and time as the Vita. I even double checked my PS+ membership via the Vita and PS3 just to be certain, and mine does indeed expire in 2024, in early July. Very strange this is affecting both PS3 and Vita, almost makes me wonder if they plan to end PS+ support for these systems in 2027.

Decided to check PS4 as well, even though PS+ games on there don't "expire" like they do on PS3 and Vita if you top up your membership before it expires (which I always do). Games on there have the expected expiry end, when my PS+ actually expires in 2024.

Edit: I also just noticed the "start period" on that PS+ game on Vita is identical to the last PS+ game I started/renewed, back in June. I know for a fact I haven't started this game in years, so that can't be right, it also came up with the "please wait" screen for a few seconds when I initially started it, meaning it was checking if my PS+ had been renewed since it last expired. The other PS+ game that I did start back in June, has my correct PS+ expiry date on it.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

@SuperSmexy500 Definitely an issue on Sony's side so as you said your PS+ licenses seem expires in 2024 but you're getting 2027 on legacy devices. Curious though were you able to download a PS+ title from your Vita Download list also?

You've given me an idea though I'm gonna buy a month of PS+. it will add on to my current sub and extend the expire date, maybe it will then send that info back to my Vita and hopefully resolve this issue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

@SuperSmexy500 Definitely an issue on Sony's side so as you said your PS+ licenses seem expires in 2024 but you're getting 2027 on legacy devices. Curious though were you able to download a PS+ title from your Vita Download list also?

You've given me an idea though I'm gonna buy a month of PS+. it will add on to my current sub and extend the expire date, maybe it will then send that info back to my Vita and hopefully resolve this issue.

I haven't tried to download anything, not really able to currently unfortunately due to only have less than 1GB free on my memory card.

Hopefully extending your PS+ does fix the issue, keep us updated.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it didn't work, I could see it extended the licenses on my PS+ redeemed titles for PS3 and was able to start them up without issue. So the PS3 seems to be safe.

So I tested my Vita, was unable to start any expired PS+ titles or download them from my Store download list. Same error code as mentioned above -__-'

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Unfortunately it didn't work, I could see it extended the licenses on my PS+ redeemed titles for PS3 and was able to start them up without issue. So the PS3 seems to be safe.

So I tested my Vita, was unable to start any expired PS+ titles or download them from my Store download list. Same error code as mentioned above -__-'

That's a shame. I have no idea why expired PS+ titles seem to be working for me, but are now apparently expiring in 2027. There must definitely be something up with Sony's servers in regards to PS+ on Vita (and PS3). It seems when it checks to verify the licenses, it's either unable to, as in your case, or assigns a wrong expiry date for some reason.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

That's a shame. I have no idea why expired PS+ titles seem to be working for me, but are now apparently expiring in 2027. There must definitely be something up with Sony's servers in regards to PS+ on Vita (and PS3). It seems when it checks to verify the licenses, it's either unable to, as in your case, or assigns a wrong expiry date for some reason.

I noticed on my PS3 PS+ titles that it added an extra year on the expiry date after only buying an extra month. So something is definitely amiss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

I noticed on my PS3 PS+ titles that it added an extra year on the expiry date after only buying an extra month. So something is definitely amiss.

Really weird, there must be something going on that's not allowing it to pull the correct duration of our PS+ for whatever reason.

I also decided to check the "valid period start" for my PS+ games on both PS3 and Vita, and now ALL of them list the start period as June 2nd 2021 5:54pm, even the ones I started/"renewed" today. The only ones that don't list this are the games I have left "expired".

I decided to check when I last topped up my PS+ membership. It was a code I bought from Amazon that was indeed back on June 2nd, back when PS+ was on a pretty good sale. I don't know the exact time I bought it or redeemed it because it doesn't list that on my invoice. So the "valid period start" is technically correct, but in the past when renewing expired PS+ games, it would always list the start period as being the date and time I actually started the game up again, not when my PS+ was last renewed/topped up. So Sony may have changed something on their end, or it's just part of the weirdness in general (or perhaps both?)

Hopefully this is one of those things that eventually gets silently fixed, as a few other things have been (like patches not downloading on PS3). It really feels like Sony is leaving the servers on PS3 and Vita to rot at this point though.

• Like 2