Null_Spectre

[FIXED] Can't download/renew any PS Plus redeemed titles. (C0-9250-6) Error.

186 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

 

I decided to check when I last topped up my PS+ membership. It was a code I bought from Amazon that was indeed back on June 2nd, back when PS+ was on a pretty good sale. I don't know the exact time I bought it or redeemed it because it doesn't list that on my invoice. So the "valid period start" is technically correct, but in the past when renewing expired PS+ games, it would always list the start period as being the date and time I actually started the game up again, not when my PS+ was last renewed/topped up. So Sony may have changed something on their end, or it's just part of the weirdness in general (or perhaps both?)

 

 

]

 

My games have always updated to when I resubbed to PS+, been that way for a decade. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

]

 

My games have always updated to when I resubbed to PS+, been that way for a decade. 

 

I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's how it used to be for me.

 

Seems this is indeed affecting some PS3s as well, looking over at the other thread that was originally created for when PS+ games were just disappearing from people's download lists.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, can't download any PS+ games either on Vita.

 

Even though the device is no longer supported, I suspect they'll fix this at some point as it affects purchased content.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates/solutions to this? I'm also having this problem now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sucks, got the same issue with no resolution. Big fail from Sony not allowing purchased and freebie ps plus games to be downloaded on my account. 

 

I tested it with Imaginstruments on a dummy account and downloaded fine and tried on my main account and had the download error. Really annoying 

Edited by gforce-92
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame people are having issues preventing them from playing, I just downloaded a few ps plus games on my vita to check and they're working albeit expiring in 2023 despite my ps plus running out jan 2022 with auto renew off. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also seems the servers for Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars have gone down without warning. Perhaps related to this issue in some way?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Any updates/solutions to this? I'm also having this problem now.


Nothing as of yet unfortunately could be one of those things they will fix silently in the background but I'd love at least some acknowledgement of the issue from Sony.

 

If more people tried to get in contact with them I feel they would at least acknowledge it but so far this issue only affects some that still play PS+ content on the Vita.

 

14 hours ago, gforce-92 said:

This sucks, got the same issue with no resolution. Big fail from Sony not allowing purchased and freebie ps plus games to be downloaded on my account. 

 

I tested it with Imaginstruments on a dummy account and downloaded fine and tried on my main account and had the download error. Really annoying 


You're unable to download purchased content? That's seriously not good, it's only been affect PS+ content for me.

 

When you tested with a dummy account did you test on the same Vita or a different one?

 

13 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

It also seems the servers for Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars have gone down without warning. Perhaps related to this issue in some way?

 

Possible, was there any announcement from the developers about server shutdowns?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Null_Spectre said:

Possible, was there any announcement from the developers about server shutdowns?

 

No, unfortunately not. I hope it's temporary. I wish Sony would just come up with better solutions on how to handle their legacy content. Simplify the PS3 store so it doesn't crash the console, give PS+ users a permanent 50% discount when buying legacy content since there are no more sales, improve the download list so that you can more easily access purchased and redeemed content.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Null_Spectre said:

 

You're unable to download purchased content? That's seriously not good, it's only been affect PS+ content for me.

 

When you tested with a dummy account did you test on the same Vita or a different one?

Was on the same Vita and also same issue on my vita tv. The game I tested that I owned was my code for Final Fantasy X-2 that came inside the box of the game and I get the same error.

 

Same for all my psp games too not given with plus. Not sure what is going on.

Edited by gforce-92
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, just tested this.

 

Tried Lemmings Touch that had already downloaded but never played. It gave me a message to activate my vita so went to settings, psnetwork, activate, game (or something like that). After this, game launched good.

 

Downloaded Geometry Wars 3 and it downloaded and installed ok. Launched it and played without any problem.

 

Downloaded TorqueL and it downloaded and installed ok. Launched it and played without any problem.

 

Do you guys tried to activate your system again?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Hi guys, just tested this.

 

Tried Lemmings Touch that had already downloaded but never played. It gave me a message to activate my vita so went to settings, psnetwork, activate, game (or something like that). After this, game launched good.

 

Downloaded Geometry Wars 3 and it downloaded and installed ok. Launched it and played without any problem.

 

Downloaded TorqueL and it downloaded and installed ok. Launched it and played without any problem.

 

Do you guys tried to activate your system again?

Tried it with 2 different games. Didn't worked. Still the same error message.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Tried it with 2 different games. Didn't worked. Still the same error message.

Weird. Region issue? I'm from Spain, EU region. Tried some games and all of them work fine.

 

Edit: or maybe it's something similar to when people couldn't download patches. Don't know guys, will post again if something comes to my mind.

Edited by breakXedge
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, breakXedge said:

Weird. Region issue? I'm from Spain, EU region. Tried some games and all of them work fine.

Don't think it's a region issue. Even tried it with TorqueL now, same result.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ireland, EU region here also. So most likely not.

Tested PSOne PS+ games I had redeemed ways ways back, Silent Hill for example. Downloaded and played fine on my PS3, but exact same error code as always on my Vita.

@breakXedge what model Vita did you test on?

 

I ask cause I'm trying to narrow down possible causes, like could it be old hardware on the 1000 series not compatible with any changes made server side at Sony since the Doomsday security certificate fiasco. (Google it, these issues for me started around the same time)

Edited by Null_Spectre
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Snip

@breakXedge what model Vita did you test on?

 

Snip

I got my vita on day 1 so PCH-1000? The fat OLED one.

Edited by breakXedge
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem here. I can't download my PS+ games for VITA. 😒

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already tried activating and deactivating etc. No luck at all. 

 

For reference, 

- UK region

- UK Launch vita and PS TV

- tested on spare German account and worked fine so can't confirm if UK exclusive issue etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2021 at 11:44 PM, Null_Spectre said:

So I've been working on Killzone Mercenary and wanted a change of pace, started up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and I got the following (C0-9250-6) error asking me to re-download the title from my "Downloads List".

 

I'm in the same situation. I'm working on Killzone Mercenary (which I got from PS+) and I wanted something else on my Vita so I could mix it up as well. And then I'm either getting error NP-9978-3 and it's not allowing me to download or I keep spamming the download button and it eventually starts to download and I'll get this error you mentioned. I was able to download the first 3 Sly games but those are ones I bought but even that took spamming the download button several times. But anything I got from PS+ isn't downloading

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The activation thing is a different error. I've had that one too where my system randomly deactivates and I have to reactivate it in order to play any purchased content. Although I've only started having that error in the past year as well.

 

I suspect the PS+ thing is an error with the licenses not having refreshed properly because the store has become increasingly broken. Back in the day I'd always have all my PS+ content repurchased on the last renewal date of my PS+. This didn't happen this june, and they still all show June 2020 in the download list.

 

On that note I've noticed other weird things with the store on the PS3 side. Bought a game a few months ago and when I checked a few weeks back, I couldn't find it in the download list. Turns out it was at the bottom of the list among the oldest entries, despite having the most recent date.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not having the same issue with any expiry dates and I don't have problems loading a PS+ game already installed, still just the issue with downloading PS+ games. Although I can't download any PS+ games from my list, it still starts downloading the latest update for the game. Frustrating!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been talking to someone on twitter with the same issue and they got a reply from Sony

 

Sony's reply:
 Regarding your enquiry, for PS Vita and
 PS3, the download and purchase feature
 is temporarily shut down due to our store
 set up error, please kindly wait for I to 2
 weeks for our maintainance to be
 finished.

 

Let's hope that is a genuine timeline and the CS rep didn't try brush off the issue. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gforce-92 said:

I've been talking to someone on twitter with the same issue and they got a reply from Sony

 

Sony's reply:
 Regarding your enquiry, for PS Vita and
 PS3, the download and purchase feature
 is temporarily shut down due to our store
 set up error, please kindly wait for I to 2
 weeks for our maintainance to be
 finished.

 

Let's hope that is a genuine timeline and the CS rep didn't try brush off the issue. 


Hope they aren't reading from a script like most 1st line support (I use to work in Retail IT and it was the most annoying norm that companies do).

I got an email back stating someone is only looking into my issue now and will take a few days to get back to me regarding it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That "wait for 1 to 2 weeks" is old stuff, i've already read it regarding other issues.

 

Anyway, i'm getting it, too. Italy, on both PS3 and Vita. Also my purchased Vita games have an actual expiration date now: March 13, 15907, at 15:23, with 29 million-ish days left to play (yeah, i know that 13886 divided by 365 or 366 doesn't equal to 29 million)

Edited by Lance_87
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.