[FIXED] Can't download/renew any PS Plus redeemed titles. (C0-9250-6) Error.

Null_Spectre

Throwing my hat into the ring of Vita misfits suffering from this issue. Powered my Vita up today to find out I can't play any PS Plus games I have downloaded, or download new ones. Error NP-9978-3, and same thing happening with expiry dates; they either expired the day my PS+ renewed, or have the year set at 16407.

Managed to speak to someone on the phone at Support but they had no idea either, and still waiting on a callback from another team. I'm in Canada, and confirmed a friend in the UK is having the same issues and getting the same error code.

This really does suck, and hopefully they'll fix it. Tons of great games on there, and no way to access. ?

• Like 2

I've seen the NP-9978-3 crop up a lot on reddit recently, apparently some have had luck by repeatedly attempting to download their content and others have said Sony is aware of the issue and looking into fixing it.

I hope the fact that users can't access content they paid for now has Sony looking into all the issues plaguing the Vita at the moment.

Still waiting on PlayStation Support to get back to me, got the scripted email stating my previous reply is now in the pile of other support tickets to be looked at...so to speak.

• Like 1

The whole vita ecosystem is screwed beyond belief. Can't buy games with my son's sub-accounts even if money is in the master account wallet, can't download ps+ games, trouble activating system, etc. PS3 is not much better.

Sony seem to hate their customers with a passion.

Everyone. Just tested again right now and I was able to download and play any PS+ redeemed titles! Tested Rayman, Silent Hill, Duke Nukem 3D, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Killzone: Mercenaries.

Downside is any titles you attempted to play previously won't update get a license update, it will throw that error code. Possible something bad on Sony's end corrupted the local license file.

You need to download a fresh copy from the PSN Store AND remember to backup your saves beforehand! For some that could be a lot of titles.

Will need others to test before we can confirm that it's a sure thing.

Edited by Null_Spectre
Backup saves before downloading warning.
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Everyone. Just tested again right now and I was able to download and play any PS+ redeemed titles! Tested Rayman, Silent Hill, Duke Nukem 3D, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Killzone: Mercenaries.

Downside is any titles you attempted to play previously won't update get a license update, it will throw that error code. Possible something bad on Sony's end corrupted the local license file.

You need to download a fresh copy from the PSN Store AND remember to backup your saves beforehand! For some that could be a lot of titles.

Will need others to test before we can confirm that it's a sure thing.

Could you please give a better and more understandable instruction of what to do? I still can't download anything. Also I have no games on my Vita currently which I could download a fresh copy of the store from.

Edited by Solid-Fisch

36 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Could you please give a better and more understandable instruction of what to do? I still can't download anything. Also I have no games on my Vita currently which I could download a fresh copy of the store from.

This is only assuming what Sony fixed on their end has been implemented worldwide. I just know it's working for me in Ireland (European Region) right now.

If the (C0-9250-6) error is affecting games you still have installed, you need to do the following:

1. Take note of the games that give you a (C0-9250-6) error AND check for a bad expiry date in the game's Information, usually is 1/1/1 1:00am.
  2. If a PS+ redeemed game has a normal expiry date like 15/06/2021, it should renew automatically when you start it. I tested a backup game from my PC and it started without issue.
  3. IMPORTANT! Backup the saves of any games with a bad expiry date. Backups can be sent to the PS+ Cloud or your PC/MAC through Content Manager.
  4. Delete the games you've taken note of that have what is mentioned in 1. above.
  5. Search for those same games on the PSN Vita Store, it's quicker than using the Download List.
  6. Download one game to test.
  7. It should now start without issue with a fresh license.
  8. And it goes without saying but restore any saves you might have backed up before.

Again this method was tested with titles redeemed through PS+. Purchased titles did not have this issue.

Notes:

• You could use a PS3 to re-download any titles as the download speeds would be quicker than over Wi-Fi on the Vita.
  • Can't test if downloading a PS+ game while it is already installed on a Vita with a bad expiry date of 1/1/1 1:00am fixes the date, it's better in my opinion to just download a fresh copy.
  • Also unsure if what Sony fixed on their end has been implemented worldwide. I just know it's working for me in Ireland (European Region) right now.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Correct, same error as previously.

Damn that is frustrating. On a somewhat positive note at least something is being done and there is evidence of it.

Try again tomorrow, can take a day or so for server side fixes at the source to propagate throughout their network.

10 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

This is only assuming what Sony fixed on their end has been implemented worldwide. I just know it's working for me in Ireland (European Region) right now.

If the (C0-9250-6) error is affecting games you still have installed, you need to do the following:

1. Take note of the games that give you a (C0-9250-6) error AND check for a bad expiry date in the game's Information, usually is 1/1/1 1:00am.
  2. If a PS+ redeemed game has a normal expiry date like 15/06/2021, it should renew automatically when you start it. I tested a backup game from my PC and it started without issue.
  3. IMPORTANT! Backup the saves of any games with a bad expiry date. Backups can be sent to the PS+ Cloud or your PC/MAC through Content Manager.
  4. Delete the games you've taken note of that have what is mentioned in 1. above.
  5. Search for those same games on the PSN Vita Store, it's quicker than using the Download List.
  6. Download one game to test.
  7. It should now start without issue with a fresh license.
  8. And it goes without saying but restore any saves you might have backed up before.

Again this method was tested with titles redeemed through PS+. Purchased titles did not have this issue.

Notes:

• You could use a PS3 to re-download any titles as the download speeds would be quicker than over Wi-Fi on the Vita.
  • Can't test if downloading a PS+ game while it is already installed on a Vita with a bad expiry date of 1/1/1 1:00am fixes the date, it's better in my opinion to just download a fresh copy.
  • Also unsure if what Sony fixed on their end has been implemented worldwide. I just know it's working for me in Ireland (European Region) right now.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

it didn't work for me either. (Spanish account, but living in South America)

Received this email today from an actual person at PlayStation Support...

Hi Raymond,  

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support.

We have redeemed a 1 day PS Plus voucher on your account in order to refresh your PS Plus license. We kindly advise you that auto renewal has been turned off. You will need to turn auto-renewal back on if you would like their subscription to renew.

Please be advised to restore your licenses before attempting to access the content.

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please contact PlayStation Support, and one of our team will be happy to help.       

Thanks,       

The PlayStation Support Team 

From reading this they seem to be fixing the issue on a case by case basis? Meaning anyone with this exact issue needs to contact PlayStation Support through your respective region's support portal.

Annoyingly I had bought a month of PS Plus 2 weeks ago with the idea in mind that it would change my PS Plus expiry date.

PlayStation Support's process however resolved the issue for me.

So the only way of fixing this is to contact PlayStation Support, specify it's a PlayStation Plus issue along with the error code, hell just copy and paste the thread title, explain it was fixed for another user when Support redeemed a 1 day PS Plus Voucher on their account and hope that you don't have a long wait time (I used email, might get faster results by calling).

• Like 2

Do you have the original text you sent to the PlayStation Support? So i could translate it in Italian and send to my local support.

EDIT: just noticed that their reply clearly say "restore your licenses". Even if they fixed the issue, they have no idea of what they're talking about lol (restore licenses is a PS4/PS5 thing only)

Anyway did it solve the PS3 issue?

Edited by Lance_87

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Do you have the original text you sent to the PlayStation Support? So i could translate it in Italian and send to my local support.

EDIT: just noticed that their reply clearly say "restore your licenses". Even if they fixed the issue, they have no idea of what they're talking about lol (restore licenses is a PS4/PS5 thing only)

The text I originally sent was typed up on their online support contact page, I wasn't sent a copy of it when they acknowledged it.

I was then sent an email for more information regarding the issue such as listing the games affected, so I had sent the following.

Hi PlayStation Support,

First there are too many games to list, I can say though it’s any game I have redeemed through PlayStation Plus.

Example: I had redeemed Killzone Mercenary years back, was playing it recently up until the end of September. Come October I was unable to start the game, stated “Cannot start this application. You must download the application again from [Download List] in [PS Store]. (C0-9250-6)”.

So I do what it said I went to my Download List and pressed on Killzone Mercenary and got a “Could not download. (C0-9250-6)”.

I’ve tried starting/downloading Uncharted Golden Abyss, Fez, Burly Men at Sea, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, any game that has been on offer through PlayStation Plus. None will work, exact same error code.

PlayStation One games I’ve redeemed through PlayStation plus won’t work either like Silent Hill and the PS1 Resident Evil trilogy, so the issue isn’t just PS+ Vita games, it’s any content PS+ related on the PS Vita.

So I then tried downloading the same content on my PS3, I can download them no problem, transfer no problem to my Vita but starting the content and activating the license just throws up the (C0-9250-6) error again.

And I’ve tried on my PS Vita TV, Vita 1000 model and on a Vita 3G model I recently purchased 2nd hand. All original firmware, no custom firmware.

Other people have started to report this online, I created a thread on PSNProfiles and multiple people have come forward with the exact same issue and error code I have.

I had read there was trouble with security certification expiring for servers worldwide towards the end of September, could it be related?

I ask cause originally I could tell what the expiry date on my content was but since trying to start the games already expired it resets the date on the content to “1/1/1 1:00”, so there is definitely something going on at your end causing this.

So far haven’t had any issues with PS3 PlayStation Plus redeemed content but at this rate that could change.

Please look into this as I feel a lot of people are unaware of this issue as their content has yet to expire and when it does they will run into the same issue that I have.

Thanks

But honestly I don't think you need all this information now that we know how to fix it. If you contact them, specify that you can't start or download any PS+ content on the PS Vita, state the error code (C0-9250-6), add that after attempting to start a game it sets the expiry date to 1/1/1 1:00am and then explain that this issue had been resolved for another user when Support activated a 1 day PS+ voucher to refresh the PS+ license, I don't see why they can't do that for you when it's explained so clearly.

Link this thread to them as further proof.

Also I think they mention to restore the licenses on the PS4/PS5 because most likely what they did on their end by applying that 1 day voucher would affect them in some way, so by restoring them they get the new updated license.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

So you still get that error code when trying to download any PS+ game from the Vita store?

I can only assume Sony hasn't rolled out the fix yet in the US. :/

Can confirm here in Canada I'm still getting the error code when I try to download. 

After spamming it 20 times I was able to download something, but then got hit with the C0 error instead, telling me to delete and re download, to no avail. 

Fingers crossed we get a rollout soon! Sounds like it's all cleared up for you Null!

10 minutes ago, REDterror1938 said:

Can confirm here in Canada I'm still getting the error code when I try to download. 

After spamming it 20 times I was able to download something, but then got hit with the C0 error instead, telling me to delete and re download, to no avail. 

Fingers crossed we get a rollout soon! Sounds like it's all cleared up for you Null!

I noted it in my feedback that it's affecting numerous users so I'm hoping they do a proper rollout fix for it, I mean it will benefit them too unless they love the idea of getting inundated with support tickets about it.

Again if waiting isn't for you, message support, explain the issue and the error code, add it updates any PS+ games with a bad date usually 1/1/1 1:00am and that a user had the issue resolved with a 1day PS+ voucher to refresh the license.

Just goes to show also how digital only is not the way to go in the future if the infrastructure hosting said digital content is unreliable. Really wish I bought physical vita carts when they were in plenty of supply and fairly priced too.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I too have been suffering from the same problem where I couldn’t download PS Plus games despite having an active sub.

However, I have found a fix based on what Null Spectre mentioned regarding PS customer support redeeming a day of PS Plus on his account. It’s simple but not free.

I bought a PS Plus voucher for one month digitally from ShopTo for £6ish. I redeemed the voucher code via the PS Vita Store and all PS Plus games now download without the error code. Existing PS Plus games already installed work fine but they do hang slightly on start up. 

It’s not ideal but hope it helps

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BoredDogBDG said:

Hi all,

I too have been suffering from the same problem where I couldn’t download PS Plus games despite having an active sub.

However, I have found a fix based on what Null Spectre mentioned regarding PS customer support redeeming a day of PS Plus on his account. It’s simple but not free.

I bought a PS Plus voucher for one month digitally from ShopTo for £6ish. I redeemed the voucher code via the PS Vita Store and all PS Plus games now download without the error code. Existing PS Plus games already installed work fine but they do hang slightly on start up. 

It’s not ideal but hope it helps

Unless I'm misreading something, Null_Spectre mentions trying this and having it not resolve the issue. Worth a shot maybe, but be aware this isn't necessarily a surefire fix.

• Like 1