[FIXED] Can't download/renew any PS Plus redeemed titles. (C0-9250-6) Error.

Null_Spectre

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

Unless I'm misreading something, Null_Spectre mentions trying this and having it not resolve the issue. Worth a shot maybe, but be aware this isn't necessarily a surefire fix.

I’m wondering if that was because the PS Plus extension was bought a couple of weeks prior?

Having bought and redeemed a month of PS Plus today the downloads are now working. Where my existing installs said the licence had expired, starting the game, backing out and closing the game down refreshed the licence times. 

Hopefully it works for others but it’s a ridiculous solution 

Didn't misread @RNumbers, but in my case I bought the month's membership directly from PS Store while @BoredDogBDG bought a code from a third party seller.

Third party sellers tend to buy up physical vouchers from other buyers and send them out as "digital codes" by email, because as far as I'm aware Sony doesn't actually sell keys to third parties.

So there could have been an issue on Sony's end with their digital licenses which prevented a license refresh for my account that doesn't affect physical vouchers.

Reminds me of an issue similar occurring in the past with some PS+ offer the PS store had on last year I think causing PS+ games to not appear on download lists on the PS3 and it was due to whatever way those PS+ licenses were implemented Sony side.

But again @RNumbers you're not wrong in saying it might not be a surefire fix as not everyone has the spare cash to drop on a month's sub only for it to not work.

Edited by Null_Spectre
Grammar
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Didn't misread @RNumbers, but in my case I bought the month's membership directly from PS Store while @BoredDogBDG bought a code from a third party seller.

Third party sellers tend to buy up physical vouchers from other buyers and send them out as "digital codes" by email, because as far as I'm aware Sony doesn't actually sell keys to third parties.

So there could have been an issue on Sony's end with their digital licenses which prevented a license refresh for my account that doesn't affect physical vouchers.

Reminds me of an issue similar occurring in the past with some PS+ offer the PS store had on last year I think causing PS+ games to not appear on download lists on the PS3 and it was due to whatever way those PS+ licenses were implemented Sony side.

But again @RNumbers you're not wrong in saying it might not be a surefire fix as not everyone has the spare cash to drop on a month's sub only for it to not work.

Makes me wonder if those affected by this are generally those that purchase their PS+ membership directly from the PSN store, and/or let it auto-renew. I don't think I've ever actually bought PS+ from the PSN store itself, and I've definitely never let it auto-renew, I always top it up with vouchers bought from ShopTo or Amazon.

I don't understand where there should be any difference but it is an interesting point you brought up. When there were issues with PS+ games getting locked on PS3 and Vita, even after renewing your PS+ membership, the issue seem to only affect those that had their membership lapse and then renewed, so there's definitely some weird little specifics that seem to be able to throw things out of whack on Sony's servers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Makes me wonder if those affected by this are generally those that purchase their PS+ membership directly from the PSN store, and/or let it auto-renew. I don't think I've ever actually bought PS+ from the PSN store itself, and I've definitely never let it auto-renew, I always top it up with vouchers bought from ShopTo or Amazon.

I don't understand where there should be any difference but it is an interesting point you brought up. When there were issues with PS+ games getting locked on PS3 and Vita, even after renewing your PS+ membership, the issue seem to only affect those that had their membership lapse and then renewed, so there's definitely some weird little specifics that seem to be able to throw things out of whack on Sony's servers.

It's very possible because others I've asked on Reddit when this issue first started had no trouble starting or downloading their PS+ titles.

And it's a stretch but maybe physical codes and digitally bought/auto-renewed licenses through PSN are handle completely differently in similar vein to how some digital games behave with not detecting physical game saves or certain DLC.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I have the issue and i think i've only bought the PS+ subscription from the PlayStation Store once, years ago. Never ever used auto-renew. Never had my membership lapse since late 2012 because i used monthly memberships that were given away on Facebook at that time. I'm using 12-months memberships since February 2013, bought from GameStop, and then from thirtd-party sellers. I renew the membership every November/December, even if it expires on February.

Edited by Lance_87

16 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I have the issue and i think i've only bought the PS+ subscription from the PlayStation Store once, years ago. Never ever used auto-renew. Never had my membership lapse since late 2012 because i used monthly memberships that were given away on Facebook at that time. I'm using 12-months memberships since February 2013, bought from GameStop, and then from thirtd-party sellers. I renew the membership every November/December, even if it expires on February.

May indeed just be a case of "affects some accounts, but not others" then, with no real rhyme or reason as to which get affected and which don't.

Got the same issue also. Tried to download a PS Plus title onto my Vita and keep getting the C0-9250-6 error. Purchased titles are unaffeected. Looks like the expiry on my PS plus date on the games in the download list is set to 2020 but I'm subbed up until the end of the year and have auto renew on. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as still as 50+ PS Plus titles to get through on the Vita.

Been a few issues like this with the Vita in the last year, I'm wondering if it Sony's sneaky way to 'encourage' people to move on from the lagacy systems....

3 minutes ago, TheTrophyBaron said:

Got the same issue also. Tried to download a PS Plus title onto my Vita and keep getting the C0-9250-6 error. Purchased titles are unaffeected. Looks like the expiry on my PS plus date on the games in the download list is set to 2020 but I'm subbed up until the end of the year and have auto renew on. Hopefully it will be fixed soon as still as 50+ PS Plus titles to get through on the Vita.

Been a few issues like this with the Vita in the last year, I'm wondering if it Sony's sneaky way to 'encourage' people to move on from the lagacy systems....

Ooof 2020? Had you played any PS+ titles this year on the Vita? Honestly I dunno if they will release a general fix for all as in my case it took someone on Sony's end in PlayStation Support to apply a 1 day PS+ voucher to refresh my PS+ Licenses.

No harm to try and get in contact with them.

11 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Ooof 2020? Had you played any PS+ titles this year on the Vita? Honestly I dunno if they will release a general fix for all as in my case it took someone on Sony's end in PlayStation Support to apply a 1 day PS+ voucher to refresh my PS+ Licenses.

@Null_Spectre Yep been playing Plus titles pretty heavily through-out the year. Last one was just last month a few weeks ago.

14 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Unfortunately that's a very bad option for me. Been trying to contact the support via mail (in Germany) in the past 3 times. Never got an answer. Never.They just don't react at all. Only option is to call the hotline, once I waited for 47 minutes and when finally someone answered the phone the guy on the other side of the line wasn't competent at all. Couldn't even answer or understand my problems. Never had a good experience with the support. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, afs25 said:

Anyone know how I can contact Playstation support for North America? All I found on their website are links to support bots, which are not helpful AT ALL. Thanks in advance.

Had to go a round about way just to get to this page.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

Annoyingly they don't seem to have a contact messaging portal like they do for Ireland's PlayStation Store and because it's related to PS+ I'd contact them through that option.

If they try to push the whole "we no longer support legacy hardware" spiel after you explain the issue just hammer back that this problem falls under PS+ which is part of PSN so they do have to provide support regardless of the hardware your PS+ account is used on.

• Like 1

So, I tried downloading some games earlier to no avail. I checked on the forums and got a good workaround.

I can confirm that buying at least a month of ps plus does resolve the issue. The problem though is how long before we have to do this again? And when are they officially abandoning any kind of ps plus support for older generation consoles? 

I redeemed it on the vita and I bought the code voucher off Amazon. I’m currently installing the games as we speak. I had no issues with Divekick and La-Maluna EX, so far. 

Edit: The vita in general is running a lot slower. The store, especially.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 2

On 19/10/2021 at 1:00 AM, SuperSmexy500 said:

May indeed just be a case of "affects some accounts, but not others" then, with no real rhyme or reason as to which get affected and which don't.

I never had the problem (tested on the first pages of this thread) but I have to say that last time I renewed my suscription was an auto renew because I forgot to buy a voucher. 

7 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

So, I tried downloading some games earlier to no avail. I checked on the forums and got a good workaround.

I can confirm that buying at least a month of ps plus does resolve the issue. The problem though is how long before we have to do this again? And when are they officially abandoning any kind of ps plus support for older generation consoles? 

I redeemed it on the vita and I bought the code voucher off Amazon. I’m currently installing the games as we speak. I had no issues with Divekick and La-Maluna EX, so far. 

Glad to hear buying a month of PS Plus worked for you too.

But you’re right - this issue is a little worrying. Despite having an initial response from PS UK support where they said ‘they’re investigating’, I still haven’t heard anything back even after supplying them with more information and the link to this thread. 

6 hours ago, BoredDogBDG said:

But you’re right - this issue is a little worrying. Despite having an initial response from PS UK support where they said ‘they’re investigating’, I still haven’t heard anything back even after supplying them with more information and the link to this thread. 

That's bizarre to me cause Ireland's PSN is apparently covered by the UK support team so I'm surprised they still haven't gotten back to you with the fix they used on my account.

Guess they don't share a knowledgebase of fixes for issues which is a common tool in Support.

17 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

10 hours ago, BoredDogBDG said:

Unfortunately, buying a month of PS+ didnt work for me.

For me I only have problems with downloading games that were originally in PS+.

I don't have any problem with PS+ games that are already installed on my system. The expiry date is the expected date. Also for me the yearly renewal is in June, I didn't bought any PS+ afterwards. Suddenly I started to have this problem (Noticed yesterday, but maybe I already had that problem earlier). (De)activating and systems and 2-step didnt work for me either.

I guess I will throw in a support ticket as well.

EDIT: while I was typing this I was trying if I could download that game on my PS3. Yesterday I immediatly got an error, now it actually downloads. Not sure if these are related, but anyway after its downloaded I will try migrating it to my Vita

Edited by Bumperklever

6 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

EDIT: while I was typing this I was trying if I could download that game on my PS3. Yesterday I immediatly got an error, now it actually downloads. Not sure if these are related, but anyway after its downloaded I will try migrating it to my Vita

I was able to download Vita games on PS3, but not transfer. Also can't download PS3 plus games without getting an error.

Having the same problem & error code in the topic. Can't download any PS+ games on my Vita past couple of weeks. The last games I downloaded was on the 29th of September, and I can access them fine. I've tried the steps listed in this reddit post I made here

Something else odd, I bought a PS4/Vita cross-buy title (Duck Souls+) and the Vita version isn't in my download list.

I should also note I'm in South Africa and couldn't get my hands on a 1 month voucher to try the Vita redeem method. 

I'm too nervous to even try my PS3 as it's my favorite console.

Just throwing my hat in the ring.

Here's hoping they fix this soon. My local PS technical support doesn't even respond to my emails or tweets/DMs.

This situation does me a big sad : (

Edit: My wife isn't having this issue on her Vita, definitely not a regional thing.

Edited by Tomb_Wader