Null_Spectre

[FIXED] Can't download/renew any PS Plus redeemed titles. (C0-9250-6) Error.

186 posts in this topic

I've tried to reach out to the US support twice and all I'll get is a "We'll ask the specialist team to look into it. We can't give you a time frame on the solution."

We're pretty much screwed here on the Vita support. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This error sucks.  I have tried chat (no help, they disconnected after they said we are looking into it), I have tried "buying" a free item (both a theme and dlc for a game) and I even bought a month of PS+ to no avail.  I was able to start the download for a total of one game, and it was one I bought (Ratchet and Clank collection).  Other than that, it is no good.  Not to happy on this front

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked the expiry dates for the PS+ games yesterday and they all say next year. I'm not sure if getting more time for PS+ would work for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, hiro64x said:

I've tried to reach out to the US support twice and all I'll get is a "We'll ask the specialist team to look into it. We can't give you a time frame on the solution."

We're pretty much screwed here on the Vita support. 


Did you state it was a PS+ issue and not a Vita issue? Wording is key, as soon as Support sees Vita mentioned they tend to nope the hell out and throw the "no longer support legacy hardware" argument even though this is a software issue related to PS+.

 

17 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

I checked the expiry dates for the PS+ games yesterday and they all say next year. I'm not sure if getting more time for PS+ would work for me.


Not sure I follow, are these games installed already or is this from your download list? Like @JorgeSleep said it seems to be a flip of the coin if buying a month of PS+ fixes the issue or not.

 

What this issue overall has shown me that ironically there is no support in PlayStation Support. My issue was resolved from the UK Support team that also covers Ireland, however another user who is from the UK, with the same issue couldn't get his issue resolved after finally getting in touch with a Support Agent.

They don't seem to be sharing information amongst themselves or among their fellow colleagues in other regions.

 

PlayStation Support needs a serious overhaul.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games I have already downloaded don't get their PS+ expiry date updated. Expires in a few months.

 

Now when I download a PS+ game it's expiry date is in 2025, which is beyond my PS+ subscription date.

 

Nonsense Sony.....

 

Sony Website used to have the ability to see the Services list (See each game when they expire online).

 

They canned that ability....

 

Vita and PS4 services list don't show all games....

 

Edited by Kishnabe
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Sony Website used to have the ability to see the Services list (See each game when they expire online).

 

They canned that ability....

 

Vita and PS4 services list don't show all games....

 

 

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I thought it was a console-exclusive feature.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:


Did you state it was a PS+ issue and not a Vita issue? Wording is key, as soon as Support sees Vita mentioned they tend to nope the hell out and throw the "no longer support legacy hardware" argument even though this is a software issue related to PS+.

I did, I mentioned I could download non-plus stuff, but the plus games were failing with that error.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the two PS+ games I have installed on my Vita, one has, well had, a correct expiration date, and the other was going to expire in about 20,000 years. For the record, I've never had any error code trying to play either of them, even the crazy one. I was actually due for a PS+ renewal next month, so I went ahead and bought another year. The first game still has the old expiry date and the other is still thousands of years. I'm getting a new error code when trying to download a PS+ game. It seems to alternate between C0-9250-6 and e-ffffffff

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I followed what Roronora_Zoro666 did and finally got my ps plus games downloaded when I redeemed the 1 month ps plus voucher off of amazon for the vita and entered the code in the store. I was able to download my ps plus vita games without problems. 

 

Don't re-download the ps plus vita games, just go to the store and find the games manually, no searching it. I'm in the US btw!

Edited by EnaTenkiyoGaming
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked. Plus games I have downloaded are expiring early (my sub goes until 2024, but they're expiring in 2022) and when I tried to download I got the error mentioned in this thread. Fun. 

 

I'll contact support soon. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally normal...

 

mcx1m7v.jpg

 

YiV19nx.jpg

 

5srCjqd.jpg

 

I can't download anything PS+ related. I transferred backups from an external drive, and those won't even boot. Only thing that works are games I've purchased and free demos, which also count as purchases when you first download them.

 

The dates are obviously what set off alarms.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to follow up, I just bought a 12 month sub (from CDKeys), applied it on my Vita, and... it seems to have solved the problem. Able to download Freedom Wars now, it looks like, when I wasn't before. Tried it IMMEDIATELY before and it gave me an error, so this is certainly not coincidence.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time have same issue on both vita and ps3, i restart my ps+ and not ps+ game found, but after 1 month all appear...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh I see now, I never went into "Information". Terraria says "Remaining Time: Expired" and the expiry date is the year 60267.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Just to follow up, I just bought a 12 month sub (from CDKeys), applied it on my Vita, and... it seems to have solved the problem. Able to download Freedom Wars now, it looks like, when I wasn't before. Tried it IMMEDIATELY before and it gave me an error, so this is certainly not coincidence.

 

Yeah happened to me also, any games that wouldn't start after the fix I had to re-download. Glad you're back up and running, so I know others have stated after buying a new PS+ sub it didn't work but maybe the trick is it needs to be applied to the Vita itself.

 

@pgharavi Yeah my purchases looked like that also when I was having the PS+ issue, didn't make sense as before they never had an expiry date. Was as if the issue on Sony's end was trying to apply licenses to games that were mine to own.

 

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

Ohh I see now, I never went into "Information". Terraria says "Remaining Time: Expired" and the expiry date is the year 60267.


That's a new one, usually it just has 1/1/1 1:00am when it's expired.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally just off chat with them… no fucking help.. was told to restore my licenses.. I’ve done that for my PS4 and PS5.. there is no option for the vita to do that. Just system activate which is it. They were like.. are you an active ps+ member.. yes.. then they sent me a link to playstation support and told me to click fix and replace.. my ps vita is fine.. playing P4G too… and they were like go to support and click fix and replace… but the link doesn’t take you to that.. you have to go back and forth on the website to even get to that.. then you click support for ps+ and no link for help for shit.. what a horrible experience. I told them about the one day ps+ and.. that got completely ignored .. lord wtf.. makes you wonder how much help we won’t get in the future with our PS4 and PS5..

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys are checking expiration dates of non downloaded games on Vita?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, Killzone Mercenary only has 78 days remaining for me (January 11th)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been weeks since the opening of this thread, and the start of several Reddit discussions and not a single gaming news site moved a finger?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

It's been weeks since the opening of this thread, and the start of several Reddit discussions and not a single gaming news site moved a finger?


Wonder how we would go about doing that. Tweet bomb gaming news outlets?

 

After reading @FinallyGaming_ post it's irritating how support still has been treating the situation, even with the added advantage of new information and a go to fix.

It only strengthens the argument with how legacy devices and content that we have bought into in some way will be treated in the future.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23-10-2021 at 10:13 PM, RNumbers said:

Just to follow up, I just bought a 12 month sub (from CDKeys), applied it on my Vita, and... it seems to have solved the problem. Able to download Freedom Wars now, it looks like, when I wasn't before. Tried it IMMEDIATELY before and it gave me an error, so this is certainly not coincidence.

 

Cheers, so after you went through the same as me, I decided to once more buy PS+ but now from a key and put it straight into my vita.

I bought a one month PS+ subscription for that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 11:32 PM, EnaTenkiyoGaming said:

I followed what Roronora_Zoro666 did and finally got my ps plus games downloaded when I redeemed the 1 month ps plus voucher off of amazon for the vita and entered the code in the store. I was able to download my ps plus vita games without problems. 

 

Don't re-download the ps plus vita games, just go to the store and find the games manually, no searching it. I'm in the US btw!


One of the plus games I want to download is no longer available on the storefront, only through my download list (PvZ). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the code redemption have to happen on Vita even if you have other systems or just want to use the PlayStation Store website?

 

Also, why Vita if the problem also happens on PS3?

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't really an update to the PS+ situation, but it seems the arbitrary expiry dates are affecting all* digital games in general now, on both PS3 and Vita.

 

*Not really "all", but anything recently downloaded/purchased anyway. I haven't noticed this on any of my games, but then again, I haven't purchased or re-downloaded anything recently. I don't think there's been any reports on games downloaded before October (or before 2021 at least) that have expiry dates. Seems the expiry dates are going into the thousands to millions of years. Edit: Just noticed that @pgharavi posted screenshots of the exact issue I'm referring to. There's a "PS Vita at 2am" video about it on YouTube I think.

 

There's speculation it's something Sony implemented into the store backend with their new "trial" games on PS5. Either way, I'm not sure if this is also what's affecting the incorrect expiry dates for PS+ titles, but it's just all the more evidence that Sony is screwing with things somewhere along the line that's resulting in issues like this.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Does the code redemption have to happen on Vita even if you have other systems or just want to use the PlayStation Store website?

 

Also, why Vita if the problem also happens on PS3?

 

You're having issues with PS+ games on the PS3 too?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.