Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J2V89

Resistance 2 servers closure

43 posts in this topic

IS there online for 3? I haven't got around to playing that (or the rest of the trilogy for that matter)

IS there online for 3? I haven't got around to playing that (or the rest of the trilogy for that matter)

No, but it makes the trophies easier to get

Sad to hear it I really loved the co-op missions, I'll have to try and go back before the close and pick up all the intel and possibly max out a class.

I think I'm actually going to use this opportunity to get as many trophies as I can in Resistance 2 prior to the servers being shut down. Thanks for the heads up! 

Nooooo, I just bought this game for a couple quid a few weeks ago - anyone wanna boost the online?

Resistance 2 gave me plenty hours and days of fun playing the multiplayer and the co-op, even playing everyday back at the time there were people playing it, the 10k kills trophy tooked a lot to achieve. Good luck to everyone trying to platinum R2, i will miss this game online.

Sad news indeed. Spent a couple of years cooping on R2 before branching out to other games. If you don't have the online trophies...good luck getting them in the next couple of months. One thing...the platinum for R2 is ultra rare (and I think the 10k kill trophy is as well)...and the %age will keep shrinking when the servers close because I imagine that Insomniac will continue to sell Resistance games at discount prices.

Aren't the servers for Fall of Man still online?

Yeah...R:FoM and R3 servers will close on March 28th 2014 as well.

Does this require an online pass?

Nah, its a really old one so you should find it for cheap.

Will need to hit the co-op some then over the next months, even if it where a bit to easy if you played with players knowing what they did i loved it. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I need 9856 kills still

I'm in the same boat ... but my number remaining is a lot closer to 10k  :rolleyes:

Yeah I think we should get together a 10000 kills boosting team

No way Resistance 3 is closing too,that online is amazing,one of the best but sadly underrated like hell...WTF that ain't fair...and Motorstorm and Pacific Rim were closed already....damn man I didn't know that...Pacific Rim plat is now only a dream...for real thats fucked up....damn devs and their stupid idea of putting online trophies.

Looks like I need to move the Resistance Trilogy higher up in my Amazon priorities D:

Can anyone tell me (roughly) how long the R2 MP grind takes? 

Edited by pilotfish5296