Resistance 2 servers closure

J2V89

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found if you keep returning to your stats after almost every match it went quicker ( the kill count) but I could be wrong

no it is completely random. I checked after every match and I never got one kill (although I had about 500 that didn't count) on the other hand my buddy that I was boosting with got 2000 free kills o_O

• 1 month later...

Wait, so are the servers shutting down tomorrow, or on April 8? Cause I was actually planning to try and earn some multiplayer trophies this Saturday... I definitely won't get the platinum, but might as well try to get some multiplayer trophies, instead of having none when the servers shut down. That's why I hate multiplayer trophies, especially the ones with sports games.

• Like 1

the playstation Now is gonna released in the summer and sony might gonna added the resistance series someday on it when the Now service go online so... will the online feature is gonna be back again there or does they gonna keep them off like how ps2 games with online play is like on ps2 classic section on the playstation store?  

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/item97821/Support-for-online-game-features/

This is the source I've been seeing around citing April 8th. But if you look at that site it hasn't been updated since october 22, 2013. The server closure announce of march 28th came out around christmas, so I believe tomorrow is the actual day. (The link I posted also says May 31st for GT5 but Sony announced May 20th)

I'm hoping for April 8th since I still have about 4k kills left to get but I'm not holding my breath

• 1 month later...

My epic journey towards 10k kills ended at around 1k kills. lol I just got so bored because the servers always seemed empty. Alas, I also didn't have the time nor did I feel that committed. Oh well, hopefully there will be a Resistance 4 on the PS4 sometime.