Blind box exploit

Andre3K1823

I kinda want to see of any of you have done what I've been doing and what luck you've had.

So I didn't really spend any of the money or open much boxes that you get on the rumble city mode. So I was able to stack about 20 boxes and 5k in coins.

I started opening the boxes looking for the Koenigsegg Jesko (by the way PlayStation or Twitter seems to think "Koenigsegg" is profanity)

When I didn't get the Koenigsegg I would re upload my cloud data. And get all my boxes and money back. I did this for probably 2 hours.. not all at once. But I finally got the jesko. I got a lot of legendary cars a lot of repeats before the Koenigsegg finally popped up. The snoopy car popped up 4 or 5 times, ect. 

NOTE: this always works with the list of cars under the limited time offer. You just have to save with a little be a time left before the cycle. Let's says 20 seconds. Back out of that menu, close app. Save to the cloud. Then open the app, go to that limited time offer and wait for the time to reset. If it's cars you don't want. Re-upload the save data and repeat. This part was told to me by Snake55wildcat. 

Edited by Andre3K1823
More information discovered.

Same was working for Micro Machines World Tour.

Good find tho, if you do the math and invest some time opening crates with save exploiting, you could shorten the time needed to get 100k/25k a lot.

As example:  farm 50-60k, open crates until you have 40 legendary cars, upload your save, sell them for 1k each gets you to 100k. Download save again and dismantle all your legendary cars..

I know RNG etc but the coin farm for gears etc is just massive.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andre3K1823 said:

I kinda want to see of any of you have done what I've been doing and what luck you've had.

So I didn't really spend any of the money or open much boxes that you get on the rumble city mode. So I was able to stack about 20 boxes and 5k in coins.

I started opening the boxes looking for the Koenigsegg Jesko (by the way PlayStation or Twitter seems to think "Koenigsegg" is profanity)

When I didn't get the Koenigsegg I would re upload my cloud data. And get all my boxes and money back. I did this for probably 2 hours.. not all at once. But I finally got the jesko. I got a lot of legendary cars a lot of repeats before the Koenigsegg finally popped up. The snoopy car popped up 4 or 5 times, ect. 

Wow. This sounds like something my upcoming trophy guide could use (until if it gets patched). Andre3K1823, I’ll credit you as such since this could really help a lot of trophy hunters across both PS4 & PS5 versions of this game. I just hate how low we get rewarded for these races and cars anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andre3K1823 said:

Can you list out a step by step on how to do this? Not familiar with cloud saves and stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

Same was working for Micro Machines World Tour.

Good find tho, if you do the math and invest some time opening crates with save exploiting, you could shorten the time needed to get 100k/25k a lot.

As example:  farm 50-60k, open crates until you have 40 legendary cars, upload your save, sell them for 1k each gets you to 100k. Download save again and dismantle all your legendary cars..

I know RNG etc but the coin farm for gears etc is just massive.

Just my thoughts.

I was going to do this, I still plan on it. But Im just bored with the game.

2 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Wow. This sounds like something my upcoming trophy guide could use (until if it gets patched). Andre3K1823, I’ll credit you as such since this could really help a lot of trophy hunters across both PS4 & PS5 versions of this game. I just hate how low we get rewarded for these races and cars anyway.

I appreciate the credit, it's not often I feel I might help someone. 

Edited by Andre3K1823

2 hours ago, reddlotus_ said:

Can you list out a step by step on how to do this? Not familiar with cloud saves and stuff.

I'm not the best at this. You may want to YouTube it, I can explain it better vocally. But I'll try.

I think you press the options button. The button that allows you to delete the app, check for updates, ect. 

Upload your save to the cloud.

Start your game, and open boxes, sell cars or dismantle for gears.. whatever you want to do.

If you want to re do it, close the app. Go to the cloud part  again and download cloud data, over writing you console data. Just repeat until you're done with whatever. 

I will note that in sometimes stopped because I got a car I wanted 1-3 boxes in and I saved that to the cloud and then repeated my process. So instead of opening 20 boxes I could only open 15. 

5 hours ago, Andre3K1823 said:

I'm not the best at this. You may want to YouTube it, I can explain it better vocally. But I'll try.

I think you press the options button. The button that allows you to delete the app, check for updates, ect. 

Upload your save to the cloud.

Start your game, and open boxes, sell cars or dismantle for gears.. whatever you want to do.

If you want to re do it, close the app. Go to the cloud part  again and download cloud data, over writing you console data. Just repeat until you're done with whatever. 

I will note that in sometimes stopped because I got a car I wanted 1-3 boxes in and I saved that to the cloud and then repeated my process. So instead of opening 20 boxes I could only open 15. 

I’ve done this exploit and unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like it will help with the trophies ?. I’ve opened over 50 boxes with the 6 I’ve purchased using the exploit and the box collector trophy never popped. So yeah, back to online grinding sadly, unless I feel like trying to get a “Super Treasure Hunt” Rarity car ??‍♂️.

4 hours ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I’ve done this exploit and unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like it will help with the trophies 1f621.png. I’ve opened over 50 boxes with the 6 I’ve purchased using the exploit and the box collector trophy never popped. So yeah, back to online grinding sadly, unless I feel like trying to get a “Super Treasure Hunt” Rarity car ?1f3fb.png‍♂️.

We never talkes about it that way. Of course you get your old count back when you download your save.

We were talking about gathering crates and open one until we get a legendary car for example. Then reupload it.

When you don't get something good in your crate, download it again.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

Yes. Let's you have enough to get 100 blind boxes. Open them all, sell every single car you have. Assuming this is enough to get the 10k coins or whatever the amount is. The trophy will pop up. Then close app, get your save file back from the cloud. So you now have your 100 boxes back. Now repeat but dismantle instead. Then when the 25k gears pops up. Repeat and get your cars back.

• Like 1

On 10.10.2021 at 1:14 PM, NostalGeek_1986 said:

I still don't have the 10k gears after 75 hours of game, I dismantle everything, upgrade simple car and dismantle again after but still nothing, it's like i need to farm MP again for 100+ hours but some of you get the platinum in 40 hours, I don't know how 1f605.png

I'm wondering the same thing, I have no idea how other people get the platinum trophy so fast ?

If I boost for one hour I get approx. 3k coins, which means I can buy 6 boxes... this is almost nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't spend any gears or Coins during the story. Haven't 100% it yet either. 3100 Gears, 6700 coins, 37 blind boxes. ON my first save scum, I did the dismantle method on every single Common car I could, I didn't even unlock the 10k gears trophy. This is going to be a long, long, long grind : 

On the positive side, if you're smart with all the boxes you get from the story and save scum most of them, 100 blind boxes isn't an issue because every common car sells for at least 300, so you get a box every two. With the amount of boxes I have, if I was to get 37 common cars every time I'd be able to buy 18 boxes, then 9, then 4, then 1 etc. Chances are you'll get a couple of legendaries and Rares too so really the only bad thing is getting the gears.

Edited by WereyCar

On 10/20/2021 at 9:49 AM, WereyCar said:

Didn't spend any gears or Coins during the story. Haven't 100% it yet either. 3100 Gears, 6700 coins, 37 blind boxes. ON my first save scum, I did the dismantle method on every single Common car I could, I didn't even unlock the 10k gears trophy. This is going to be a long, long, long grind : 

On the positive side, if you're smart with all the boxes you get from the story and save scum most of them, 100 blind boxes isn't an issue because every common car sells for at least 300, so you get a box every two. With the amount of boxes I have, if I was to get 37 common cars every time I'd be able to buy 18 boxes, then 9, then 4, then 1 etc. Chances are you'll get a couple of legendaries and Rares too so really the only bad thing is getting the gears.

I tried playing today, it's boring and the time trials are tough for me. But I got the platinum for Project Cars 3 today, so I'm happy about that. 

On 10/3/2021 at 5:18 PM, Yoey_666 said:

I'm guessing it's never a good idea to spend coins to buy a car? The RD-02 is available for 500 in my current rotation and I'm tempted to get it to help me finish the time trials, but seems like a waste when coins are so precious toward buying boxes for the 100 boxes/coins trophies.

7 hours ago, DeclioDukes said:

I'm guessing it's never a good idea to spend coins to buy a car? The RD-02 is available for 500 in my current rotation and I'm tempted to get it to help me finish the time trials, but seems like a waste when coins are so precious toward buying boxes for the 100 boxes/coins trophies.

I used an rdr02 o already had and it carried me through the entire game until I got bad to the blade and night striker. Both of these cars upgraded can beat anything in the game with ease. Never spend your coins on anything but blind boxes for trophies

43 minutes ago, WereyCar said:

I used an rdr02 o already had and it carried me through the entire game until I got bad to the blade and night striker. Both of these cars upgraded can beat anything in the game with ease. Never spend your coins on anything but blind boxes for trophies

Yeah I ended up save scumming until I opened the rd-02 in a couple of boxes so I didn't waste any coins.

21 hours ago, DeclioDukes said:

I got the plat in the meanwhile and I spent all my coins in crates.

Afterwards I was save exploting the crates, but not as hard as some others. I always did it like this:

I told myself to open max. 4 crates with those deadlines: 2nd crate should be minimum rare, 3rd crate should be minimum legendary, 4th crate should be super treasure car.

If I hit non of those, I redownloaded my savegame. If I hit a rare car with the 2nd crate I uploaded my save. I sticked strictly to that, so even if my 4th crate would be a legendary instead of a super treasure I redownloaded.

With this you won't waste too much time and crates and due to the common cars you get in between you can reinvest your gears to upgrade those and salvage them again.

Remember that upgrading a common car costs 200 and salvaging a rare to legend costs 500 and gives you 200. So it is always better to reinvest in common to rares and salvage until you have no more commons to upgrade.

At least that's how I did it. Maybe this way is complete crap for someone else ?

1 hour ago, Yoey_666 said:

I got the plat in the meanwhile and I spent all my coins in crates.

Afterwards I was save exploting the crates, but not as hard as some others. I always did it like this:

I told myself to open max. 4 crates with those deadlines: 2nd crate should be minimum rare, 3rd crate should be minimum legendary, 4th crate should be super treasure car.

If I hit non of those, I redownloaded my savegame. If I hit a rare car with the 2nd crate I uploaded my save. I sticked strictly to that, so even if my 4th crate would be a legendary instead of a super treasure I redownloaded.

With this you won't waste too much time and crates and due to the common cars you get in between you can reinvest your gears to upgrade those and salvage them again.

Remember that upgrading a common car costs 200 and salvaging a rare to legend costs 500 and gives you 200. So it is always better to reinvest in common to rares and salvage until you have no more commons to upgrade.

At least that's how I did it. Maybe this way is complete crap for someone else 1f605.png

Thanks--I'll keep this in mind.  I think right now I have 30 crates and am just starting boosting for coins (have around 10k). I started with 37 crates after 100%ing the races and in those 7 crates I opened my RD-02 and got two legendaries so that seemed like a good enough rate for 7 boxes.  My plan is to grind to 40k or so coins and then see how far save scumming gets me with a strategy similar to yours.

Is there anywhere in game that shows how many gears/coins you have collected cumulatively?

30 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Thanks--I'll keep this in mind.  I think right now I have 30 crates and am just starting boosting for coins (have around 10k). I started with 37 crates after 100%ing the races and in those 7 crates I opened my RD-02 and got two legendaries so that seemed like a good enough rate for 7 boxes.  My plan is to grind to 40k or so coins and then see how far save scumming gets me with a strategy similar to yours.

Is there anywhere in game that shows how many gears/coins you have collected cumulatively?

No stats, you just have to keep track. I believe story give 3600-4000 gears, I'm sat on 3100 and I know I upgraded atleast two cars during the story. Coin wise, you get about 6k for finishing the story. Just keep a mental note of how many you have upgraded/dismantled, Every one you dismantle is +100. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, Andre3K1823 said:

I tried playing today, it's boring and the time trials are tough for me. But I got the platinum for Project Cars 3 today, so I'm happy about that. 

A small tip, in each time trial there's a huge shortcut or there isn't, I had my difficulties also with the time trials but i managed to beat them all and get the 100% on the SP (Single Player) map, I just followed YouTube tutorials for that. Btw my name is also Andre lol

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II