Best Game for Halloween

MagyarMaci

If you have a co-op buddy, I'd personally recommend any of the Dark Picture Anthology games such as Man of Medan and Little Hope. The 3rd game House of Ashes comes out around Halloween. Also, you can't go wrong with The Evil Within 1 or 2. I hope they actually give us a Halloween games sale this year since we didn't get one last year.  

• Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, RadiantFlamberge said:

F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin (PS3/PC). For PS4 Pro or PS5, take Control. It relies more on nice atmospheric lighting and a lot of paranormal weirdness rather than jump scares.

Couldn’t agree more on FEAR 2, but it’s unobtainable so most people will probably pass. As for my answers, I’ll say deadly premonition, resi 7 and the evil within 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2021 at 2:44 PM, VigilantCrow said:

Costume Quest 1 & 2

Kid characters are in costume, there's candy and plenty of Halloween shenanigans.

Was going to say Costume Quest but you beat me to it! I'm actually planning to play Costume Quest 2 myself this Halloween. Liked the first one a lot.

• Like 2

After missing the pumpkin jack sale, I’m looking for a game to play on Halloween too. Alan wake just isn’t scary enough, and I want to save Resident Evil Village for peak winter. There hasn’t been any scary games so far, I only remember one game having jump scares that work and that was based on Slenderman. 

• Like 1

My recommendations for Halloween.

Alien Isolation

Blasphemous

Bloodborne

Carrion

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Darkest Dungeon

Darkestville Castle

Dante's Inferno

Dead Nation

Dead Space: Extraction

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Demon's Souls

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood

Medievil

Splatterhouse (It takes place on Halloween!)

The Walking Dead (The Telltale Games one)

Minor Edit: I have played all these games. Ones not on my PSN were played on Steam.

Edited by James_Tonto
Just a lil confirmation of my familiarity with the games.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Halloween is over now, but I grabbed a few games in the sales this month that I would recommend. So for those looking for some spookeh games to play next year:

Pumpkin Jack - A very short, easy 3D platformer with light hack n slash combat elements, the main draw of this one is the gorgeous visuals and charming world that comes dripping in the Halloween spirit. It’s not a horror game, but it’s a Halloween game 100% If this spooktacular little puzzle platformer doesn’t get you in the mood for the season, then nothing will!

Halloween Forever - A retro 2D platformer that feels like a throwback to the NES days, this one is a great pick up & play style game suitable for short bursts of play time. Again, it’s got a great overall Halloween vibe to get you in the mood, with a fun platinum trophy to earn.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Now this is probably what you came for, a horror game. And Man of Medan delivers! Take control of a cast of characters whose diving trip goes sideways, as they find themselves stranded aboard a ghost ship called the Ourang Medan, battling pirates and their own psychological demons. The best part of this game is the inclusion of various co-op modes. I played this one online with my brother and we had an absolute blast doing a blind playthrough. There’s also a “movie night” couch co-op mode that is designed for a party or group of friends to take turns passing around the controller and making decisions. This is an awesome pick for a dark Halloween night session with some friends!

Resident Evil 2 - I’ve only just started this game post-Halloween so I shouldn’t even include it, but man oh man do I wish I’d played this on Halloween night! I am only a few hours in but so far I am completely blown away - the atmosphere and tension is incredible, and the phenomenal graphics, lighting, and sound design help deliver what is shaping up to be a nail-biting, heart-pounding survival horror experience at every turn. 

• Like 1