Will the PS3 shutdown also remove stats from socialclub?

ziggurism

The announcement says they will stop syncing stats to the socialclub website, which is a rather pointless statement, because if the servers are shutdown, you cannot go online and generate new stats, so of course there will be no changes to sync to the website.

But will the stats that have already synced be left up? Will you have a record of all your in-game GTA V awards on your socialclub profile forever? Or will they delete that part of our profiles?

For anyone who played online Max Payne 3, which has already been shutdown, are your socialclub stats still shown on your profile? I would assume whatever the answer is, it will be the same for GTA

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ziggurism said:

The announcement says they will stop syncing stats to the socialclub website, which is a rather pointless statement, because if the servers are shutdown, you cannot go online and generate new stats, so of course there will be no changes to sync to the website.

But will the stats that have already synced be left up? Will you have a record of all your in-game GTA V awards on your socialclub profile forever? Or will they delete that part of our profiles?

For anyone who played online Max Payne 3, which has already been shutdown, are your socialclub stats still shown on your profile? I would assume whatever the answer is, it will be the same for GTA

For my experience, I have the 100% in Max Payne 3 and GTA IV, you can see that in my profile, and the stats are not visible anymore.

I think that GTA IV for PS3 was never there. Only for PC is now there. But MP3 was there and it is shown of one of my played games, together with GTA V on PS4 (Boosting right now). When you press on the game, from my "played list", the stats are for the PC version, which of course are 0 since I never played on PC.

I remember, time before they shut down the servers, that the Social Club functions were going to be removed.

We have to understand something, GTA IV and RDR servers were shut down time ago due a the bankcrupcy of the servers company. Rockstar moved the online functions of those games to P2P functionality. That's why they are closing GTA V and MP3 but not those games which are older.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stiviwonderstif said:

For my experience, I have the 100% in Max Payne 3 and GTA IV, you can see that in my profile, and the stats are not visible anymore.

I think that GTA IV for PS3 was never there. Only for PC is now there. But MP3 was there and it is shown of one of my played games, together with GTA V on PS4 (Boosting right now). When you press on the game, from my "played list", the stats are for the PC version, which of course are 0 since I never played on PC.

I remember, time before they shut down the servers, that the Social Club functions were going to be removed.

We have to understand something, GTA IV and RDR servers were shut down time ago due a the bankcrupcy of the servers company. Rockstar moved the online functions of those games to P2P functionality. That's why they are closing GTA V and MP3 but not those games which are older.

This^

LA Noire lost its Social Club connection a month or so back as well so those stats will also have been wiped when the servers closed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

LA Noire lost its Social Club connection a month or so back as well so those stats will also have been wiped when the servers closed.

I see.

I have this game to do on PS4. I love the topic and amosphere of this game. Probably I will do the VR as well. 

• 3 months later...