Trophies to Fight Cancer (Event)

Custom Badge Designs Questionnaire!  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pink character would you like on your badge?

• Shionne (Tales of Arise)
    • Rin (Catherine)
    • Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    • Fetch (Infamous)
    • Poison (Street Fighter V)
  2. 2. Which Orange character would you like on your badge?

• Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
    • Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
    • Kazuha (Genshin Impact)
    • May (Guilty Gear)
    • Yosuke (Persona 4/Dancing All Night/Arena)

This poll is closed to new votes

@poetic_justice_ I don't mind, no my work isn't union.  I am currently a Database Administrator for company that makes software for banks.  Normally half of the staff would kill us, but thankfully it is about this time that the banks who have us host the software for them go into code freeze in the next week or two until the end of the year.  So they won't be doing many projects and it will be mainly monitoring, fixing issues, and working through a 8 month back log of behind the scenes stuff that keeps the servers running.

Personally I am contractor so I get no Vacation or sick time.  Or other benefits outside of larger than normal per hour pay, and thankfully my wife has a nice union job so we use her health care.  Since I don't get any time off with pay, I get stuck with the end of year 1 or 2 people working last month and half or so.  My boss likes me to do it since I have worked in the hosting department since I was a intern in college, and only was gone for a little over a year while I got a job somewhere else as developer, before that company all but folded.  Over the last 8 years I have worked for my current place as System Admin, Data center engineer, Network engineer, and now a Database Admin.  Plus when I was intern I was sent to all the Dev and QA meetings as rep for the hosting department since I was studying programming.  So they know I can handle almost any of our customers problems if they arise.  And the customers (Bank managers and VPs) I deal with all seem to like me as most have offered me jobs to do what I do in house so they can stop be a hosted customer.  That is usually what happens in this field (hosting bank software) the banks will like the person they work with and when it is time to renew their hosting contracts, steal one of my co-workers then take the software inhouse.   I just particularly don't want to uproot my family to do this.

I will say the nice thing about my job is I work from home, and currently there is a decent amount of time were I am just monitoring a database transfer or the scrub of data and importing that scrubbed version of the database into a developer's server.  Sometimes this can take 8 to 10 hours and can sit back play a game or watch a movie from my recliner and keep an eye on the monitor in case of issues.

25 minutes ago, poetic_justice_ said:

I find delicious irony in the fact that, given your current circumstances, the pink game you completed is about out-drinking the devil to escape hell. ROFL

hehe that was one of the reasons I played it, as it seemed to relate to my life a lot lol.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

@Spinahcreq I don't mind, no my work isn't union.  I am currently a Database Administrator for company that makes software for banks. 

I will say the nice thing about my job is I work from home, and currently there is a decent amount of time were I am just monitoring a database transfer or the scrub of data and importing that scrubbed version of the database into a developer's server.  Sometimes this can take 8 to 10 hours and can sit back play a game or watch a movie from my recliner and keep an eye on the monitor in case of issues.

Oh, that's awesome. Nice to have your wife on your team, and your work situation sounds compatible with gaming. The downside (in my book) is you have to look at screens all day! I couldn't do it.

I work a physical job, so I have to go to the job site and be 100% mentally/physically present. My grandfather died of cancer and my grandmother almost died of breast cancer. One of the men at our site died of cancer, and so the chance to come home, unwind, play games, and raise money to fight cancer is great. Your binge drinking with Satan is helping cure cancer! Keep it up!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Why not use LEGO Star Wars for pink? That glow in the upper right corner is all pink :)

1 hour ago, Cryadis said:

Another complete for Orange (wish I had more pink games lined up 1f643.png)

Lc5a562.png

Too late on switching. Already recorded. Let's not make this more difficult for us to track. ?

• Like 1

@Beyondthegrave07 Finished four (great) games! :yay:

ORANGE

Laf972f.png

OKAMI HD :platinum:

Ld97847.png

PERSONA 3: DANCING IN MOONLIGHT :platinum:

PINK

Ld9a0f4.png

PERSONA 4: DANCING ALL NIGHT :platinum:

L14c162.png

PERSONA 5: DANCING IN STARLIGHT :platinum:

I'm currently playing...

L5d1718.png

I already saw some people using FarCry 3 (the original game) for this event...this one count? if not, that's ok.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

@Beyondthegrave07 Finished four (great) games! :yay:

ORANGE

Laf972f.png

OKAMI HD :platinum:

Ld97847.png

PERSONA 3: DANCING IN MOONLIGHT :platinum:

PINK

Ld9a0f4.png

PERSONA 4: DANCING ALL NIGHT :platinum:

L14c162.png

PERSONA 5: DANCING IN STARLIGHT :platinum:

I'm currently playing...

L5d1718.png

I already saw some people using FarCry 3 (the original game) for this event...this one count? if not, that's ok.

No on this Far Cry 3. No orange in it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

Finished my first 4 games. 2 pink and 2 orange.

Orange: 2 games
L594c2a.png

Jacob Jones 1f4af.png

L11ded4.png

Zombie Driver Apocalypse :platinum:

Pink: 2 games
L004390.png

Sexy Brutale :platinum:

Ld9c579.png

Onimusha Warlords :platinum:

Sorry, both Grave and I talked and your oranges won't count. The first one came up as light brown and the 2nd one came up as red. The pinks are good though.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 9:01 PM, Inuty said:

Forgot about the rule! Sorry sure, we can look after the 2 weeks if it is ledgit :)

Good news! It has been two weeks and the Marvel fan boys/girls haven't went crazy to plat the game. The plat rate is still in the 20s so this now counts.

• Like 2

@Starrk_01 @Beyondthegrave07

Hello, I checked beforehand to make sure they're orange and if you check the hex colors for both banners they show up orange using www.colorhexa.com  The lettering Bigfoot especially the letter B is soft orange and the parts of the skull that's not red in Zombie Driver are bright orange. Hopefully can reconsider it.

254267295_1475428636183902_2830742480282

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

@Starrk_01 @Beyondthegrave07

Hello, I checked beforehand to make sure they're orange and if you check the hex colors for both banners they show up orange using www.colorhexa.com  The lettering Bigfoot especially the letter B is soft orange and the parts of the skull that's not red in Zombie Driver are bright orange. Hopefully can reconsider it.

254267295_1475428636183902_2830742480282

We'll count them both then. This is why people should do this ahead of time when they're close! Haha.

When we checked Big Foot, we were getting more brown than orange, so it was borderline. I had to re-check Zombie Driver (first time it came up all red) and had to look a bit harder but found a little bright orange in it.

• Like 2