Make sure to keep multiple saves

Flukedit

On 10/4/2021 at 7:16 AM, Flukedit said:

After having just gotten the platinum, I figured it was important to mention this particular tip in its own thread.

I saw that this was mentioned in a number of threads however I personally overlooked those, especially since it seemed to be a rare-ish occurrence for people, however after experiencing it myself and losing around 5 hours worth of skill grinding at the end of my first play through due to a loading bug I figured it was important to mention it.

The particular bug I encountered was an infinite loading issue, where the shuttle consistently flew through space over and over for minutes on end. And since it's a loading screen I was unable to interrupt it, so I had to turn the PS3 off, which seems to have corrupted the save, because when I attempted to reopen it, instead of the save having the particular planet I had just been on, it instead had `DIDNT WERK`, and reloading it just caused it the infinitely load again.

Luckily, I had a save backed up to PSN from the previous night, otherwise I might have had to do the whole game over again, which I would have been pissed about.

Anyways, I would suggest making a manual save every couple of planets into a new slot so if something does happen you have a backup ready and available just in case.

I'm still 2 games away from Deadlocked but I appreciate the heads up. Seems like I need to track when to expect to unlock trophies and make a save before hand. Especially if the bolt trophy resets after the first playthrough. 

10 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

I'm still 2 games away from Deadlocked but I appreciate the heads up. Seems like I need to track when to expect to unlock trophies and make a save before hand. Especially if the bolt trophy resets after the first playthrough. 

I personally didn't have any issues with trophies popping, but yeah from what I could tell, the bolt trophy did reset, however based on the number of bolts you get in challenge mode (especially when using the bolt multiplier mods), I would say it's a non-issue since there is no reason why you would not end up getting enough bolts.

Though keeping a clear save as backup wouldn't be the worst idea even if the game wasn't buggy :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/10/2021 at 1:16 PM, Flukedit said:

After having just gotten the platinum, I figured it was important to mention this particular tip in its own thread.

I saw that this was mentioned in a number of threads however I personally overlooked those, especially since it seemed to be a rare-ish occurrence for people, however after experiencing it myself and losing around 5 hours worth of skill grinding at the end of my first play through due to a loading bug I figured it was important to mention it.

The particular bug I encountered was an infinite loading issue, where the shuttle consistently flew through space over and over for minutes on end. And since it's a loading screen I was unable to interrupt it, so I had to turn the PS3 off, which seems to have corrupted the save, because when I attempted to reopen it, instead of the save having the particular planet I had just been on, it instead had `DIDNT WERK`, and reloading it just caused it the infinitely load again.

Luckily, I had a save backed up to PSN from the previous night, otherwise I might have had to do the whole game over again, which I would have been pissed about.

Anyways, I would suggest making a manual save every couple of planets into a new slot so if something does happen you have a backup ready and available just in case.

Hi, I managed to get the same error.

Luckily for me, it was at the start of the new game.

I had backup of the fight before the boss, so I just beated the final boss again.

I maybe understood why this bug appeared.

I quitted the game during the travel with the shuttle.

It seems the game doesn't save the destination in the travel, so it's caught into an infinite loop if the game is stopped or crash here.

The game save at the beginning of the travel and when you get to the destination.

So in case it happend to you, it is indeed wise to get few saves in case the game crash during a travel (power off, ...).

• Like 1