Lost judgment - how do you beat Suou in last biker race?

PotrikBerger

Whatever bike I use, even guarding pretty much the whole time he is close to me, he just smashes my bike to pieces. What do you have to do to beat him? The few times I do manage to get to the end, he just zooms off ahead of me and I can’t catch in last stretch of th race.

anyone have a tip for how they beat him? How do you stop his damage to your bike? Any other way than holding L1?

This race is not actually the race, it is a script base fight.

That mean no matter how good you run, Suou will always catch up with you and in the final are he will use about 4-6 boost. This is the showdown time.

At the beginning of run try focus on guard and attack. When Suou come close to you, do not need to hold L1. Try to watch him closely, he will attack soon. Guard when you see his attack and attack him back. This will make Suou fall back. Then he will catch up with you soon do not bother boost to outrun him. Repeat this process until you reach the final area he will start you use boost, you can see his boost under his name, try to use boost as soon as you see Suou in front of you. But do not use all boost or try to use boost to outrun him, he will catch up with you because of script.

I just can’t seem to stay behind him long enough on the lap for him not to beat the crap out of my bike. He ends up behind me in every corner. I’ve tried the above a few times and closest I got was just now when he was only one hit away from blowing up before the finish line from my hits on him. But out of ten attempts, I probably reach the end of the race four times.  The other six he just destroys me with blows that seem to damage me even when I’m holding L1.

just feels like I’m doing something wrong. Doesn’t feel like it should be as tough as I’m making it.

thanks for your advice though. Much appreciated.

After struggling a lot with this, I tried the "stay behind and spam boosts at the end" tip, but he always seems to go slower at parts so he can drive next to me and crash into my bike... anything I need to do other than braking to go slow enough?

Edited by Zanreo

I just stopped trying it, went and finished the boxing and dancing and came back to it, prepared for another 5 or 6 attempts before getting frustrated. Did it first time on going back. Can’t say I did anything too different to other times before than manage to hit him many more times than he did me and then had a fairly comfortable lead going into last 400m of boost. So not too helpful info to add to the above.

although if it helps, I did notice that boost on the ghost bike only lasts about 60 or 70m so maybe try not to use them until around the 400m mark or under

Beat this recently, instead of intentionally staying behind (which always ended with him driving so far away it was an autoloss) I tried staying in front of him, guarding whenever he got close and tried ramming into me (and usually trying to ram back afterwards) and saving several boosts for the end. Used the last bike, the Army-something

On 10/10/2021 at 0:22 AM, Yuna4353 said:

If anyone having trouble with the races, simple difficulty helps, it is not the best method but if you just want the race done then it works. I did it on simple so I would not have any rage moments, cause that final race can be tough 

Yeah, I just finished this a few hours ago and this is the best advice I think. Found out while looking at some random youtube comments that race difficulty seems to scale with actual game difficulty. I spent about 3 hours trying to win the race on hard, got close a few times but just couldn't do it. Switched to easy difficulty and the race was basically a joke honestly. The AI was not very smart with his boosts, he had 0 stockpiled on the final stretch of road.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

Yeah, I just finished this a few hours ago and this is the best advice I think. Found out while looking at some random youtube comments that race difficulty seems to scale with actual game difficulty. I spent about 3 hours trying to win the race on hard, got close a few times but just couldn't do it. Switched to easy difficulty and the race was basically a joke honestly. The AI was not very smart with his boosts, he had 0 stockpiled on the final stretch of road.

I am pretty sure it is doable on Hard, but it is not worth the hassle (to me). Glad switching the difficulty worked for you 

• Like 1

Okay, I have a problem with this.

I've been trying to beat the last biker now for almost 10 hours, no kidding, where I live is almost 9PM and I've trying to do this since 11AM, just stopping for eating and such.

I had no major problems with the previous bikers but the last one is just impossible, it can't be done, no matter what I do.

I've got the best bike, bought all the upgrades, I play as best as I can protecting myself when I see projectiles, filling up the boost whenever I can with drifts and wheelies, ramming in all the bikers, boosting whenever I can, driving the best I can...

It's impossible... Sometimes it doesn't detect that I'm shielding so I get hit though I was protecting myself and taking account that the best bike doesn't take thtat many hits, sometimes I don't see a hit comming, the rubberbanding is outrageous and infuriating, the other bikers get ahead of me as they please, there are a ton of other bikers who also get ahead of you as they please, one minor mistake like not taking a ramp is an instant failure with no "retry" button so you have to take several minutes to finish the race despite you know you won't win by a longshot, and the few times I managed to get rid of all the bikers and start racing only with the final boss have ended the same way: If I try to stay behind he also stays behind and if I go ahead he wuickly catches up with me, rams me and despite having a good chunk of health I'm dead, my bike is broken and I lose...

And yes, I've red you, changing the difficulty is a good advice, I've thought of that myself, I've told myself: "It's okay if you can't beat this in the highest difficulty, it's just a game, lower it down".... Even the game has a tip that is like: "If you can beat something you were asked to lower the difficulty, do it, don't take it personally"... But I can't do that.

I've already beaten the main story and when I did that the game asked me if a wanted to start playin the Premiun Adventure in Legend Difficulty... Since I beat the game in Hard and I found the game pretty easy regardless yeah, I chose to start playing in Legend, the game telling me that enemies will have more health, I will take more damage... That's the only thing the game told me, and yeah, I thought that could be fun, why not, let's go Legend...

Maybe because I red it wrong or I don't know but I didn't know that going Legend will affect all the game, I thought it would only affect combat, and I didn't know that once you go Legend you wouldn't be able to change the difficulty again, so now I'm stuck with this unbeatable final bikers race, I'm even considering buying the season pass just if by any luck the bike they porvide you with it is any better that the one I have right now and I can beat the damn thing.

Seriously, I've beaten all the main Yakuza games through 0 to 7, I've beaten the first Judgment and this without a doubt is the most unfair and infuriating thing that I've never had to go trough in any of these games, heck, it's one of the most unfair and infuriating things that I've ever had to do in any videogame...

I don't want to quit, mainly because is the last thing I have to do to finish the school, I have all the other clubs at 100%, but this hellish last biker game, oh my god... Help me, please, cause all the tutorials I found only didn't do any good.

You are making this harder for yourself for no reason other than you don't want to not do it on legend. There's no prize for this. Look, I completed the biker race on Legend.....prove me wrong. No one will care if you lower the difficulty other than you. 10 hours spent on basically nothing.

You say you've beaten all the other RGG yak games, did you do all of the substories and minigames on Legend for those? If so I'd suggest you're capable of doing this as well, if not, then just lower the damn difficulty and complete it.

If you simply must beat the thing on legend even though it is absolutely not a requirement then you'll need to find a way. Otherwise save yourself the grief and do it on an easier difficulty.

55 minutes ago, Artty44 said:

You are making this harder for yourself for no reason other than you don't want to not do it on legend. There's no prize for this. Look, I completed the biker race on Legend.....prove me wrong. No one will care if you lower the difficulty other than you. 10 hours spent on basically nothing.

You say you've beaten all the other RGG yak games, did you do all of the substories and minigames on Legend for those? If so I'd suggest you're capable of doing this as well, if not, then just lower the damn difficulty and complete it.

If you simply must beat the thing on legend even though it is absolutely not a requirement then you'll need to find a way. Otherwise save yourself the grief and do it on an easier difficulty.

I think I didn't explain myself good enough.

I don't want to do it on Legend, if I could I'd do it on Easy, but I can't.

Look, this is a screenshot I just took from my own game:

Y8v0sCQ.jpeg

See? I can't change it, it's like it's blocked, and yes, I tried to change it even it's blocked, I pressed X hoping it did something, but it did nothing.

I wanted to change to Legend after I beat the main story because I thought it would only affect combat and even in Hard I found the combat pretty easy, I didn't know it would affect all the mingames and such of all the game, and now, as you can see, I can't change it.

I'd be more than happy to be able to do this race in Easy Difficulty, but I can't.

Edited by Alaju90

Right I see, sorry for misinterpreting your dilemma. Well I assume once you pick legend you're locked in to it as I recall I couldn't change it for my legend playthrough.

Did you keep a save of your hard difficulty playthrough? You could reload that and then change the difficulty for premium adventure and then complete the races, but I guess that depends on how much of the school stories you did on your initial playthrough. Otherwise, once you're in the legend one it seems you're locked in. 

Artty44.png

Edited by Artty44

22 minutes ago, Artty44 said:

Right I see, sorry for misinterpreting your dilemma. Well I assume once you pick legend you're locked in to it as I recall I couldn't change it for my legend playthrough.

Did you keep a save of your hard difficulty playthrough? You could reload that and then change the difficulty for premium adventure and then complete the races, but I guess that depends on how much of the school stories you did on your initial playthrough. Otherwise, once you're in the legend one it seems you're locked in. 

Artty44.png

Don't worry, really :).

As for the savefile... Yes, I have one in Hard, but it's from when I was at around 65 hours of gameplay, from when I just beated the main story... Now I'm at around 90 hours of gameplay and around 50% of the school story I did them after I beat the main story in Legend Difficulty, it would mean losing like 30 hours of gameplay and a lot of progress.

Yeah, I think I just might be screwed and that's it, gonna have to deal with it.

I think it's pretty lame that they don't specify that Legend will affect minigames and school activities also and not only combat and that they don't let you change the difficulty once you've chosen Legend, but at this point what can you do about it...

I hope they will patch it to at least make it that you can change difficulty although you play in Legend, but well, sincerely I don't think they'll do it.

Edited by Alaju90
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...