KENA : How to beat Corrupt Toshi - Master Spirit Difficulty (English & Français)

Im-EBE

Hello,

I did a small video of how I managed to beat Corrupt Toshi at Master of Spirit difficulty level.
I hope that these humble advices and strategies can prove to be helpful..

Please be indulgent with my english.
The video is in english then in my native tongue, french, at 04:37.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits is an action-adventure video game developed and published by Ember Lab. The story follows Kena, a young spirit guide who uses her magical abilities to help deceased people move from the physical to the spirit world. The game is presented through a third-person perspective. The player uses Kena's staff for attacking enemies, and her pulse ability for defending against attacks. They are tasked with collecting small spirit companions known as the Rot, who help to complete tasks and battle against enemies. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kena:_Bridge_of_Spirits)

Trophies :

Beating Corrupt Toshi give you the trophy : A Leader Walks Alone (Defeated Corrupted Toshi.)
Beating Corrupt Toshi in Master of Spirit difficulty is of course required to platinum the game with obtaining the trophy Master Spirit Guide (Beat the game on Master difficulty)

Here are some moves to look out for and the strategies offered : 

Melee attacks : 
Either a suit of 3 mellee attacks (Last one being a jet of fire/energy) or a suit of 4 mellee attacks (The last one resulting in a ground flame shock wave)
Strategies : We need to either "master" the art of parry or dodge them (my preference)

Sphere attack : Toshi will sometime attack with a sphere of energy.

Strategy : We need to "Spirit Dash" through it and if possible deal some attacks to Toshi

Special attacks : Toshi has two special attacks. 1) is like 5-6 "Arrow of energy" thrown at you. 2) is a big arrow aimed to the ground.

Strategies :
For attack 1 -> Move and double jump sideways and, with the help of the slowmotion, aim to the eyes of Toshi. You have to use a fully charged spirit arrow. He will then fall down and you can attack him. I always finish my attacks with a Rot Hammer.

For attack 2 -> Double jump towards Toshi a little moment befor he throw his arrow and, with the help of the slowmotion, aim to the eyes of Toshi. You have to use a fully charged spirit arrow. He will then fall down and you can attack him. I always finish my attacks with a Rot Hammer.

Our Range attacks : Throwing and exploding spirit bombs to Toshi's feets is really effective and sometimes I could manage 20% of dammage just with this attack. 

https://youtu.be/joyMrQZWFzo

Edited by Im-EBE
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Im-EBE said:

Hello,

I did a small video of how I managed to beat Corrupt Toshi at Master of Spirit difficulty level.
I hope that these humble advices and strategies can prove to be helpful..

Nicely done. Your English was great, no issues understanding you.  

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 1