Minimum Number of Players for MP Boosting?

l33sar54

The game is currently on sale but since I don't have any previous experience with the Ace Combat series and dislike multiplayer in games with passion, I'd like to ask some questions before/if I decide to start the game:

1. How many players are required to start Battle Royal and Team Death Matches? The trophy guide mentions that Team Death Match is 4x4, does that mean I'll need a full lobby of 8 players to start and then trade victory for each team? For Battle Royal, I read somewhere that a game can be started with only two players but would like to confirm.
  2. Apart from a single victory in Battle Royal for Last One Flying and one victory in Team Death Match for Together We Fly, the remaining trophies are awarded for participating in matches and not necessarily winning them. Is there anything else I should be aware of, any other MP trophy that's easier to boost rather than just playing normally?
  3. Is multiplayer still active? If the answer is "no" and matches are nowhere to be found, boosting some of the trophies (Amazing Job for 150 performance evaluations) would be a big hassle and a reason to wait for even deeper discount to play single player on an alt account without dabbing into MP at all.

Thank you.

The MP is still pretty active last I played about 2 weeks back but expect veteran players, also those two wins in TDM and Battle Royale can be done in Private match but no there is no quicker way to boost this as you need to play 50 matches in both modes regardless.

Related to TDM it's a maximum of 8 players so the teams just need to be balanced 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. Makes it a lot easier to boost as you don't need to find 7 other players.

For the price that it is I would most definitely recommend it, great fun if you're into your military Top Gun'esque flight games, great variety of jets to choose from and the soundtrack itself is just fantastic.

If you do buy it, add me and we can setup a boosting session. Doubt it would be hard finding 2 other players for TDM.

2 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

The MP is still pretty active last I played about 2 weeks back but expect veteran players, also those two wins in TDM and Battle Royale can be done in Private match but no there is no quicker way to boost this as you need to play 50 matches in both modes regardless.

Related to TDM it's a maximum of 8 players so the teams just need to be balanced 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. Makes it a lot easier to boost as you don't need to find 7 other players.

For the price that it is I would most definitely recommend it, great fun if you're into your military Top Gun'esque flight games, great variety of jets to choose from and the soundtrack itself is just fantastic.

If you do buy it, add me and we can setup a boosting session. Doubt it would be hard finding 2 other players for TDM.

I actually decided to buy the game based on your answers, thank you. I'll add you to friends for a quick boosting session, and once I have the game registered to my profile, I'll be able to set up a boosting session for two more players to get the Team Deathmatch victory out of the way over the weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

The game is currently on sale but since I don't have any previous experience with the Ace Combat series and dislike multiplayer in games with passion, I'd like to ask some questions before/if I decide to start the game:

1. How many players are required to start Battle Royal and Team Death Matches? The trophy guide mentions that Team Death Match is 4x4, does that mean I'll need a full lobby of 8 players to start and then trade victory for each team? For Battle Royal, I read somewhere that a game can be started with only two players but would like to confirm.
  2. Apart from a single victory in Battle Royal for Last One Flying and one victory in Team Death Match for Together We Fly, the remaining trophies are awarded for participating in matches and not necessarily winning them. Is there anything else I should be aware of, any other MP trophy that's easier to boost rather than just playing normally?
  3. Is multiplayer still active? If the answer is "no" and matches are nowhere to be found, boosting some of the trophies (Amazing Job for 150 performance evaluations) would be a big hassle and a reason to wait for even deeper discount to play single player on an alt account without dabbing into MP at all.

Thank you.

1. 2 for Battle Royal and 4 for Team Death Matches
  2. The Multiplayer Medals that are needed for a few trophies are easier to get from boosting.
  3. Yes, but it's mostly full of people who really know how to play the game so you will lose most of your matches in Battle Royal and and more than half in Team Death Matches.

5 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

I actually decided to buy the game based on your answers, thank you. I'll add you to friends for a quick boosting session, and once I have the game registered to my profile, I'll be able to set up a boosting session for two more players to get the Team Deathmatch victory out of the way over the weekend.

Great stuff I'll see you in the skies.

• Like 1

@Null_Spectre Apologies it's taking a bit longer to set up the boosting session, will start it later today, feel free to join in. I'll schedule it for this coming Saturday but if we don't manage to get two more players, we'll get the Battle Royal victories out of the way and then create another session specifically for the Team Death Match trophy. We can also get Globetrotter (playing every map once) together to get that one out of the way as well.

As @Wavergray mentioned, some of the 150 performance evaluations needed for Amazing Job are easier to get by boosting but it looks like there are some which we'll most likely get awarded such as Bailout Master (shot down the most times) or Pacifist (fired weapons the least) without trying too hard. While they may take a while to farm, I'm not too afraid after checking the list:

https://acecombat.fandom.com/wiki/Ace_Combat_7:_Skies_Unknown/Medals#Performance_Evaluations

Edited by l33sar54

@l33sar54 I'm really sorry if my guide misled you into thinking you needed 7 other people for TDM ? I'm actually working on updating the guide overall now that, over on the wiki, we have definitive data for S Rank requirements. I'll also add the list of Performance Evaluations to that trophy, since now that list is complete. I know you weren't intending to provide feedback on the guide with this thread, but I definitely want to make sure the guide is as good as it can be ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

@l33sar54 I'm really sorry if my guide misled you into thinking you needed 7 other people for TDM 1f613.png I'm actually working on updating the guide overall now that, over on the wiki, we have definitive data for S Rank requirements. I'll also add the list of Performance Evaluations to that trophy, since now that list is complete. I know you weren't intending to provide feedback on the guide with this thread, but I definitely want to make sure the guide is as good as it can be 1f44d.png

Not an issue at all, I could have checked the game first before starting the thread here since it clearly shows in the match settings you can start TDM with 3 other players (4 total) for TDM and 1 other player (2 total) for BR.

Your guide is fantastic, I'm a complete newbie to the Ace Combat series, AC7 is my very first game and the guide is very helpful. If the minimum numbers help someone else a bit and you think it's worth to mention it explicitly in the guide, go ahead. If I have any other feedback, I'll make sure to post it in the Comments section of the guide and not here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update if it helps anyone else: we managed to boost the BR and TDM matches a few weeks ago and everything went smoothly. My recommendation would be to stretch the boosting session and aim to earn all 10 MP in-game medals because that way you can skip some of the more annoying SP medals for "The Highest Achiever." Plus, you can earn a few million MRP which will put you a bit closer to the 40 million required for "MRP Aplenty."

Here's a list of MP medals, the worst one is probably winning 50 TDMs for Victorious and Glorious, that one took a full day of boosting between the 4 of us:

https://acecombat.fandom.com/wiki/Ace_Combat_7:_Skies_Unknown/Medals#Medals

• Like 2