How to dupe items (offline mode only)

NathanielJohn

2 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

No they are not interchangeable offline.

The Alley_Cat_8633 one

Not my video, but another in my group who started at the same time as me posted a video on youtube:

Cheers … hope is not lost! 

so my own experimentations … there is def no consistency. There is def something messed up with the save windows. I’ve gotten it to work maybe 1/10 attempts. Successful duped 2 runes and a grand charm… but that took so many attempts.

Edited by Poison_Jester

3 hours ago, Solarus755 said:

No they are not interchangeable offline.

The Alley_Cat_8633 one

Not my video, but another in my group who started at the same time as me posted a video on youtube:

Since comments are disabled, would you mind asking some questions to the uploader?

I think the timing of things might be the most important thing here. Did he open the game and did the process right away?

The instructions in the video aren't very clear:

1.Start with items on character
2.Save and Quit
3.transfer items to shared stash
4.Travel to another act
5.Kill things?
6.Travel back to Act 1
7.Save and quit
8.once at menu screen close game.
9.Start game and profit.

So, he started d2 with the items on regular inventory, created a new game then saved and quit, created another game on the same character and then went on to step 3?

Edit: It worked once for me, tried to mimic the video second by second. Did like 20 attempts and worked only once. Didn't do step 1 and 2 of the video description though, just made sure the items were saved on character inventory. It isn't consistent enough to dupe thousands of SoJs though, maybe that person got it working more often but it wasn't consistent here.

Last method was more consistent, if only it was possible to download and play last version offline.

Edited by RGSchmitz

1 hour ago, IIDRAGONSSSII said:

I think that i just found a 100% dupe method, no enemies and "strange" things needed.

3/3 times worked in a row, let my try some more times before share info.

Any news on this? I got the above method to work inconsistently (which is honestly good enough for me as long as something exists), but if there's a 100% method, I'm all ears as it will make duping SOJs way faster.

Edited by Solarus755

I got it going a little more consistently and faster but still not as reliable as last patch yet. No need to kill things or teleport, takes like 30 seconds. If you all could test on your end it would be nice, maybe we find better timings

1 Make a backup, things might go wrong! I'm not responsible for lost items.

2 Make sure the items you want to dupe are saved on the inventory and close the game.

3 Open Diablo 2 again and create a game on the character that has the item(s) right away, I always do it on Rogue Camp.

4 Transfer the items you want to dupe to shared stash. After like 15-20 seconds the pentagram on bottom right will spin. I usually get to transfer 16 SoJs to the shared stash. Don't close the stash window.

5 Pay attention to the pentagram, as soon as the pentagram disappears wait like a second, press option and hit save & exit.

6 On character screen the pentagram will spin again, wait for it to disappear and as soon as it disappears hold the PS button and close the game on home screen.

If it didn't work try waiting a little more or less on steps 5 and/or 6. I imagine it's all about hitting the right window to save and quit and/or closing the game, but the petagram is a good visual cue imo. I managed to do it 5 times in a row with the method above, then 3-4 times it didn't work so I logged a mule to manage some items, closed the game and tried again did it 4 other times succesfully and stopped to write this.

Hopefully it's helpful and if anyone finds any other cues or a better timing for saving or closing the game let us know, please.

Edited by RGSchmitz
  • Like 1

Alright, 

After some fiddling around, waiting for different times, etc. I think I have it pretty consistently. I don't understand computer science much at all, but it seems to work like this (please forgive me if I'm just misinterpreting it, but it works very consistently now:

When you join the game, the game loads you in as it remembers it from the last game. The save symbol saves your stash data while in game. When you see the save symbol go off, you want to quit the game, BUT you want some time to pass first. This will proc the save when you quit, which I assume saves your new character state. When you hard close the game after this save, it will not register this updated character save for some reason, but has already updated the stash save.

I noticed that the number of pentagrams in game does not seem to matter. If you see one as soon as you join the game or shortly after, ignore it and wait for the next pentagram shows up before quitting (this allows enough time to pass that the pentagram will proc on the main menu). It's ok if you wait for another pentagram, as long as you quit quickly after it procs and enough time has passed in game that the main menu pentagram will also happen. I don't think what you do in game matters at all as long as time passes. I swap between acts because I'm paranoid, but I don't think it actually does anything.

I'm pretty consistently getting it to work now. Would appreciate if others could test to confirm/deny that this works. So to summarize:

1. Join game with runes in inventory

2. Dump runes in stash (if save pentagram happens here or in the next 10 seconds or so, just ignore it since not enough time has passed to proc main menu pentagram).

3. Do whatever (I like hopping between acts over and over!)

4. When next pentagram shows up, immediately quit game after it passes.

5. Pentagram on main menu should be there.

6. Hard close the game and restard

7. dupes should be both in inventory and stash.

Edited by Solarus755
  • Like 1

The thing about the pentagram is it works as a good visual cue for me at least.

I did a video, it's working well for me at least now,

It's just the method I posted above, filled a stash of SoJs. Sorry about the quality, just did it quickly on my own and ps5 doesn't allow to continue recording after closing the game I think(?). Anyway, should be a good reference:

Edited by RGSchmitz

Got it to work once in about 15 tries of varying timings. The one time it worked i waited about 5 seconds before exiting after the in game pentagram then had to wait 2-3 seconds for the character screen pentagram to show up. The thing i actually find difficult is getting the items to save in my inventory in the first place, half the time there just back where they were before.

Edited by t-H-3_d-O-u-G

Yeah, regular stash is pretty bad right now, blizzard should probably fix this because legit items can get lost pretty easily.

To get them to save I just stick around a bit, log other character wait a little back and forth. Once you have enough items to get it going though it goes pretty fast, actually faster than it was before. I just duped 1400 SoJs in like a little over an hour.

I'll be keeping my PS5 offline now though, I think now with /players x and still being able to dupe might be a good spot.

Edited by RGSchmitz

12 hours ago, RGSchmitz said:

Yeah, regular stash is pretty bad right now, blizzard should probably fix this because legit items can get lost pretty easily.

To get them to save I just stick around a bit, log other character wait a little back and forth. Once you have enough items to get it going though it goes pretty fast, actually faster than it was before. I just duped 1400 SoJs in like a little over an hour.

I'll be keeping my PS5 offline now though, I think now with /players x and still being able to dupe might be a good spot.

You can’t use players 8 offline…. Grimy Bastards! The option disappeares! And why would u need that many SOJs “offline”?

Edited by Poison_Jester

35 minutes ago, Poison_Jester said:

You can’t use players 8 offline…. Grimy Bastards! The option disappeares! And why would u need that many SOJs “offline”?

Selling a Stone of Jordan offline spawns DClone which is currently regarded as the most efficient and arguably one of the safest ways to grind to level 99, especially for a hardcore character. The link below is to the grind strategy written up by @NathanielJohn.

Edited by Vextens
Added link to DClone farm method.

18 minutes ago, AlmostLucky767 said:

Dupes still working for anyone after update on Dec 6th?

Also if they are working. I am Sw33tSauc3 the uploaded of that dupe video if yall have questions.

Can confirm still works. However this time I did it.

After stashing I received a save and saved and quit after. Then closed.

No teleporting needed.

53 minutes ago, AlmostLucky767 said:

Can confirm still works. However this time I did it.

After stashing I received a save and saved and quit after. Then closed.

No teleporting needed.

Which method are you using whit the new update? Yesterday i was using one that almost worked 100%, but i can't get it to work anymore.

58 minutes ago, IIDRAGONSSSII said:

Which method are you using whit the new update? Yesterday i was using one that almost worked 100%, but i can't get it to work anymore.

It was 2 save method. 3 saves is more consistent. I haven't been able to get it consistently yet.

If you were duping before update then just keep trying that since they didn't fix anything

Can confirm the one I posted above still works. If it doesn't work try creating a game with other characters a bit then close the game and try again, that usually gets it going for me. Once it starts working I can do it to fill all 3 stashes.

Now this is the version I'm taking offline.

1 hour ago, RGSchmitz said:

Can confirm the one I posted above still works. If it doesn't work try creating a game with other characters a bit then close the game and try again, that usually gets it going for me. Once it starts working I can do it to fill all 3 stashes.

But you do it whit the console connected to internet or not?

2 hours ago, RGSchmitz said:

Thx for your help. Now it works for me on a different character. It’s really as easy as you described. Just fill the stash and wait for the pentagram. Then quit the game, wait again for the pentagram and hard close

Ok, i think that i finally found a 100% working method from the very first step.

This worked 10/10 times in a row for me, please try it and share your experiencie if it worked.

BEFORE START THE DUPE

1.- Start game whit any character, any difficultd on act 1.

2.- Put all items you want to dupe ON YOUR INVENTORY.

3.- Move around town till you see ONE PENTAGRAM (Save symbol) on the corner of the screen.

4.- Pause, Save and Exit.

5.- Start game again and check if you have all the items on inventory. If correct, pause, Save + Exit.

6.- Wait till Pentagram dissapear on character screen, When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game.

7.- Do a backup of your game.

8.- TURN OFF INTERNET

NOW THE DUPE

1.- Start game whit the same character, you will be on act 1 allready.

2.- Run inside the town till pentagram.

3.- Pause, Save and Exit.

4.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN.

5.- WAIT ON THIS SELECTION CHAR SCREEN ABOUT 10 SECONDS AND YOU WILL SEE ONE MORE PENTAGRAM.

6.- Start the game, again you will be on act 1

7.- Go to chest, select second statch, and MOVE ALL ITEMS YOU CAN TO DUPE FAST. After move all wait about 10 seconds and you will see ONE PENTAGRAM. If you see the pentagram when you are moving the items IT WILL NOT WORK, YOU CAN'T LOSE A SECOND BETWEEN MOVING ITEMS.

8.- After wait the 5 seconds and see the pentagram, Pause, Save and Exit.

9.- When you get out of the game you WILL SEE THE PENTAGRAM AGAIN. When it disappear go to dashboard of the console, start, close game.

10.- Get inside the game and you will find your items in your inventory and in the chest.

11.- Now the game is glitched, you only need to repeat steps 7 to 10 (Put items in chest VERY VERY FAST, wait for the pentagram, save + exit, wait for the pentagram, brute close game)

Please someone try this method and say if it worked.

Edited by IIDRAGONSSSII
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 07.12.2021 at 4:27 AM, IIDRAGONSSSII said:

Ok, i think that i finally found a 100% working method from the very first step.

This worked 10/10 times in a row for me, please try it and sha

share your experiencie if it worked.

Does this method still work for ps5?

Edited by Ak1mK0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...