PS3 PSN Down?

MajorasMasked

Earlier I couldn’t sign in at all on my PS3, but it seems to be working now. I’ve seen other reports on social media reporting the same thing as you. 

When I try to enter the PlayStation store though…I automatically get signed out every single time. It’s starting to make me a little nervous as I have a huge library of games. I’m able to access the store on my other accounts, so I’m starting to think I’ve been banned from the store entirely.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Earlier I couldn’t sign in at all on my PS3, but it seems to be working now. I’ve seen other reports on social media reporting the same thing as you. 

When I try to enter the PlayStation store though…I automatically get signed out every single time. It’s starting to make me a little nervous as I have a huge library of games. I’m able to access the store on my other accounts, so I’m starting to think I’ve been banned from the store entirely.

If you had been banned, you wouldn't be able to sign in to anything at all so I'm inclined to believe this is just PSN farting around as per usual and needs a kick up the backside to get it to behave :).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

When you get banned, you can't even sign into PSN. It will just give you an error message stating you've been permanently banned from playstation network

12 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you had been banned, you wouldn't be able to sign in to anything at all so I'm inclined to believe this is just PSN farting around as per usual and needs a kick up the backside to get it to behave :).

Strange that I’m able to enter the store with some of my other accounts though eh? I get auto-signed out every time with just my main account. I haven’t been on my PS3 in weeks and don’t do anything malicious on PSN so it’s kinda weird. 

7 minutes ago, MajorasMasked said:

Hopefully it will be come back :D

I wouldn’t worry about PSN for the PS3 my friend, they might be doing some maintenance on their end and it should come around soon (hoping this has to do with my store troubles, but unlikely). ?

9 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

When you get banned, you can't even sign into PSN. It will just give you an error message stating you've been permanently banned from playstation network

I was saying that I might be banned from accessing the PlayStation 3 store, not PSN entirely. I’m still able to sign in thankfully, but get immediately signed out every time when trying to launch the store. It’s very odd, but I’ll wait it out and see if something changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Strange that I’m able to enter the store with some of my other accounts though eh? I get auto-signed out every time with just my main account. I haven’t been on my PS3 in weeks and don’t do anything malicious on PSN so it’s kinda weird. 

I wouldn’t worry about PSN for the PS3 my friend, they might be doing some maintenance on their end and it should come around soon (hoping this has to do with my store troubles, but unlikely). 1f62c.png

I was saying that I might be banned from accessing the PlayStation 3 store, not PSN entirely. I’m still able to sign in thankfully, but get immediately signed out every time when trying to launch the store. It’s very odd, but I’ll wait it out and see if something changes.

It's a bug, there's quite a few posts on the ps3 subreddit about it

• 1 month later...

I'm having issues with my PS3 as well. Internet is testing fine but just kept saying timed out trying to reach PSN. Then I read somewhere to change my DNS settings so I did and it worked. Then 5 minutes later it signed out. Won't sign back in now. If this persists I'll probably finally abandon my PS3 backlog ?

5 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

I'm having issues with my PS3 as well. Internet is testing fine but just kept saying timed out trying to reach PSN. Then I read somewhere to change my DNS settings so I did and it worked. Then 5 minutes later it signed out. Won't sign back in now. If this persists I'll probably finally abandon my PS3 backlog 1f614.png

I've been playing for the past 8 hours on my ps3 at work and home and have had no issues with being signed out.

Edited by LegendExeter

17 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

I've been playing for the past 8 hours on my ps3 at work and home and have had no issues with being signed out.

I was gonna try again tonight. But honestly if I can stay logged in long enough to just update my trophies that'll do well enough haha

• Like 1