Base game vs ultimate version.

Sunny

Hi guys hope y'all doing well, I always had my eye on MK11 because I like the franchise since its early days but I'm not a huge fighter player the base game is currently on sale for a very cheap price and I was thinking about getting it but since there's the ultimate version I'm torn between getting the base one or the Ultimate version which is obviously more pricey, I don't play online by that I mean against other people I just to want the game to play the story, collect the trophies and from time to time play against the AI, so my question for a casual player who mostly want to just enjoy the game is it worth getting the base game or should I wait and get the ultimate version? Will I miss out on a lot of content if I chose the base game?  I'm kinda afraid of regretting it and have to buy a season pass which will end up being way more expensive, and one last thing how long does it take to get the multiplayer trophies? Thanks in advance to all of you, have a good night.

You will be missing out on the story expansion and 12 characters. It doesn't affect any trophies but there are some fun characters in the dlc (Spawn and Robocop are my favourite). The MK 11 Ultimate Add-On bundle does go on sale occasionally so you can just buy the base game now, see if you like it, and then by the add-on bundle next time it goes on sale.

18 minutes ago, lordzeze said:

You will be missing out on the story expansion and 12 characters. It doesn't affect any trophies but there are some fun characters in the dlc (Spawn and Robocop are my favourite). The MK 11 Ultimate Add-On bundle does go on sale occasionally so you can just buy the base game now, see if you like it, and then by the add-on bundle next time it goes on sale.

Thank you for your answer that sounds like a good idea and similar to what I did with FighterZ I bought the base game for dirty cheap then bought the characters I liked, I thought the season pass didn't include Mileena and Rain, how long does it take to get the online trophies? I'm thinking of subbing to plus for 3 months or just wait for a free multiplayer weekend to get these.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2021 at 10:11 PM, Sunnyburrito said:

Thank you for your answer that sounds like a good idea and similar to what I did with FighterZ I bought the base game for dirty cheap then bought the characters I liked, I thought the season pass didn't include Mileena and Rain, how long does it take to get the online trophies? I'm thinking of subbing to plus for 3 months or just wait for a free multiplayer weekend to get these.

You could probably do all of the mp trophies in a day or so, but that depends on traffic for the KOTH 100 resect points given.  I had some issues getting into rooms on the PS5 version, but once I found d one I was able to go AFK and just vote every round.  The rest of the mp should be doable in a couple hours.