No public online matches to choose on PS5?

borntokill81

Hi guys, I ask if it's me but I can't find any public lobby where to choose any public match on ps5.

I can create a game but nobody joins, I don't have friends who play Diablo or who would join me. I would like to enter a game clear some map or kill some boss quick and easy without mic...like in D3 when I played it.

There's no way to do this?

Since D2R on consoles has no lobbies, simply picking a open game you like to join is not possible,

The right usage of the "Party Finder" seems to be important:

• When you select Online play and later you choose your character, you are prompted to create either an Private game (Enter a private game) or to use the Party Finder (Find others to play with).
  • When you select "Party Finder" you can choose some categories and subpoints, depending on your selected character's progress:
  1. Act 1 >> Quests 1 to 6
  2. Act 2 >> Quests 1 to 6
  3. Act 3 >> Quests 1 to 6
  4. Act 4 >> Quests 1 to 3
  5. Act 5 >> Quests 1 to 6
  6. Bosses >> Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal, Cow King
  7. Zones >> Free Roam, Tristram, Canyon of the Magi [Area where Tal Rasha's Tomb is located], The Chaos Sanctuary [Home of Diablo in Act 4], Pindleskin [Named enemy in the Nihlathak's Temple area, famous for short and quick Macgic Find runs], Maggot Lair [Part of Act 2 Questline "The Horadric Staff".]
  8. Other >> 2 options I still cannot select and PvP (We're all Ears.)
  • You can also select the number auf maximum players and the difficulty, in response to your chosen character's progress.

So my guess is, that it really depends if others join your game or that you join others games, that the right category is chosen by the creator of the game and the possible joiners.

• E.g. for Baal runs (Baaling), my guess is that all people should choose "Bosses >>Baal".
  • If a game is found with "Party Finder" you join the session instead of creating a session.

Since the party finder has so many possible options, it is up to us console gamers to get used to these options and choose the right one.

Edited by Geridian

I fooled around with the party finder with my cousin. We did a few Baal Hell runs, so we tried creating a public game "bosses>>Baal>>Hell>>Max 2 Players" just to see if we'll get connected to each other... we didn't. Only tried it 3 times, but I found it to be quite alarming that two players with the exact same configuration and in the same lvl range wouldn't be connected, but instead 2 different games were opened and we were both alone. Not to mention that there should be plenty of others doing the same, since, well, Baaling is the thing and all.

Edited by hr_kriese

6 minutes ago, hr_kriese said:

Snip

Just to make sure:

- One player created a game like you explained and the other player waited some seconds (30 or so) before joining the already opened game?

- Are you 100% sure that the other played adjusted the settings in the Party finder accordingly to yours?

- Level range was not affecting the matching process in any way?

At least, joining per friendslist is working ingame.

Only for information purpose: One time I got matched with the Party Finder with another player for Act 2 normal. So yeah, the functionality is working.

Edited by Geridian

11 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Just to make sure:

- One player created a game like you explained and the other player waited some seconds (30 or so) before joining the already opened game?

- Are you 100% sure that the other played adjusted the settings in the Party finder accordingly to yours?

- Level range was not affecting the matching process in any way?

At least, joining per friendslist is working ingame.

Only for information purpose: One time I got matched with the Party Finder with another player for Act 2 normal. So yeah, the functionality is working.

- We did wait a few seconds, definitely not 30 though, more like half of that.

- No, not 100% since we weren't running a full fledged experiment aiming for definitve answers but rather just wanted to check out if this works real quick. We were in voice chat at the time though and talked about the settings, so should be fine. Only thing I can imagine would be the max player setting.

- I have no idea about the lvl range affecting the process or not. We were only 3 lvls apart from each other, that's all I can say.

Good thing that you had success with the system! I was seriously doubting the functionality since I didn't get connected to anybody at all upt to now. I really didn't tried all that often though.

1 hour ago, hr_kriese said:

*snip*

Thank you very much for your answer!

Some questions I simply asked because my guess is that the battle.net servers need some time to register the open sessions.

This needs either timed testing or an honest answer from Blizzard.

/edit: Was already mentioned in the Blizzard forum: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/dead-party-finder/8928 

/edit 2: Also placed a question here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/dead-party-finder/8928/135

/edit 3: The console subcategory of the Blizzard D2 Board is also a nice place: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/c/console-discussion/22 

If everything fails, maybe starting a boosting session here on PSNP helps to get some guys together. 

Edited by Geridian
Information

Look here for a response from blizzard about this topic: 

Bit I also did some testing on my own and must say, that Rod simply does not want to admit that the Party Finder is just not working.

I wrote about my test here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/tweet-about-console-matchmaking-reply-from-rod/18085/9

==> The one time I got matched with a random player on PS4, I must have won in a lottery or something.

Edited by Geridian