SnowxSakura

PSN to restrict debit/credit card on PS3/Vita - CERO Z no longer buyable 10/27/21

55 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

List of games I found that have a CERO Z rating https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEROレーティング18才以上のみ対象ソフトの一覧#PlayStation_3

 

This list is definitely not complete. 

 

PlayStation Vita [ edit ]


lol these two games are Shin Hayarigami if anyone is as confused as I was.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge can also be added to the PS3 list.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shintetsuken said:


lol these two games are Shin Hayarigami if anyone is as confused as I was.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge can also be added to the PS3 list.

Good ole google translate

 

Edited by SnowxSakura
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can also add

  • Grand Theft Auto III
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Hitman: Contracts
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing it's to shore up a security issue since they won't be patching the PS3 anymore. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shintetsuken said:

Can also add

  • Grand Theft Auto III
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Hitman: Contracts

Thanks

 

Note to anyone that plans on playing it. Oneechanbara Z Kagure with NoNoNo does have paid DLC trophies

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2230-お姉チャンバラzカグラ-with-nonono

 

Sisters trophy pack - costs 900 JPY

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Go to settings, users and accounts, account, payments and subscriptions, add funds

Thanks. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's been answered a couple of times, but I'm kind of stupid, so let me ask again: if I put funds in my wallet on the PS4, can I buy stuff on the PS3/PSVita? I don't really care to go between systems like that (honestly, it's what I do most of the time anyway).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the same mail on my Austrian account. For me it didnt say anything of PEGI 18 game not beeing available for purchase anymore. SO this seems to be a problem specific to countries with certain laws i guess

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, starcrunch061 said:

I think it's been answered a couple of times, but I'm kind of stupid, so let me ask again: if I put funds in my wallet on the PS4, can I buy stuff on the PS3/PSVita? I don't really care to go between systems like that (honestly, it's what I do most of the time anyway).

Yep, your wallet carries over between the systems.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I think it's been answered a couple of times, but I'm kind of stupid, so let me ask again: if I put funds in my wallet on the PS4, can I buy stuff on the PS3/PSVita? I don't really care to go between systems like that (honestly, it's what I do most of the time anyway).

yes money in your wallet is usable on any system you like. in the emial i got this gets specifically confirmed

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Thanks

 

Note to anyone that plans on playing it. Oneechanbara Z Kagure with NoNoNo does have paid DLC trophies

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2230-お姉チャンバラzカグラ-with-nonono

 

Sisters trophy pack - costs 900 JPY


 

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

この変更に伴い、「18歳以上のみ対象」(CERO Z)となっているゲームの本編はご購入いただけなくなります。これらゲームのダウンロードコンテンツは引き続きご購入いただけます。

 

Due to this change, you will no longer be able to purchase the main part of the game that is "only for 18 years old and over" (CERO Z). Downloadable content for these games will continue to be available for purchase.



DLC should be still be purchasable, according to the notice. You can't do anything with the DLC without already having the CERO Z game, so I guess that's the logic there.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a similar notice for US region.  Of course I find it laughable because not like me purchasing with a credit card or Paypal even worked on Vita before now.  Last time I tried it I got no end of errors and couldn't even fund my wallet with my card on the website.  Ended up having to get a PSN card from Gamestop to buy a couple of cheap games on the Vita.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way since yesterday I cant download anything from my Hong Kong PSN accounts, just wanted to play Samurai Shodown and KOF PS2 classics that I purchased long time ago but got error 80029780 anytime I tried to download

 

Maybe is a problem only with asian store? I tried to download games with my US and Spain accounts and everything is ok...

 

Edited by samishii20
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone tell me how to bypass the Cero Z on JP storefronts? I’ve been confused on this as I’ve been meaning to get Bioshock 2 on PS4 for the stack, but no one has answered it.

 

As for DLC, I’m pretty sure it isn’t affected. I bought Alice Madness DLC a few months back and didn’t get any message on it needing verification. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't bought a single PS3 or Vita game since they removed sales....bring them sales back and then maybe just maybe. But I havent used cc/debitcard in awhile ever since I been constantly adding funds to wallet.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that this isn't going to be just Japanese PSN (I'm a NA player), as I just got this email:

 

Quote

Hi locutus442

As you’ve recently enjoyed playing on PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®Vita, we want to let you know about some changes to the way you buy digital PS3™ and PS Vita content.

These changes have been introduced to enhance online payment security for all PS3 and PS Vita owners.

What’s changed?
Starting October 27th, 2021, you can no longer use a credit or debit card, or a payment method such as PayPal, to buy digital content or add funds to your wallet when visiting PlayStation™Store on your PS3 or PS Vita.

How do you purchase digital content now?
Should you wish to buy digital content for your PS3 or PS Vita, you must first add sufficient funds to your wallet. You can add funds by redeeming a PlayStation Store gift card via your PS3 or PS Vita, or by using a credit or debit card, PayPal or other available payment method using a desktop or mobile device, or a PS4 or a PS5 console.

To add funds to your wallet using a credit card or debit card, PayPal or other available payment method:

1) Access PS Store via your desktop computer, mobile device, PS4 or PS5 console.
2) Use a credit or debit card, PayPal or other available payment method to add the minimum amount required to your wallet to cover the cost of the content you want to buy. You can also add funds to your wallet by redeeming a PlayStation Store gift card.

Is there any other way to buy digital PS3 or PS Vita content?
No, you can only buy digital PS3 and PS Vita content by adding funds to your wallet as described above, then accessing PS Store directly from your PS3 or PS Vita.

Where can you find out more?
For more information about how to add funds to your wallet, please visit https://www.playstation.com/support/store/ps-store-top-up-wallet/

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

I can confirm that this isn't going to be just Japanese PSN (I'm a NA player), as I just got this email:

 

 

Correct.  Most of this thread is aware this affects everyone globally.  However, the one difference between the Japanese region and the rest of the global regions is that in Japan, starting Oct. 27, you will no longer be able to access CERO Z rating games on PS3 or Vita because they won't have a way to verify age restricted content that are considered CERO (Z) rated games.

 

Essentially, in the US, the only thing that's changing is that you can no longer use a credit or debit card to buy digital content for PS3 or Vita.  You need a Playstation gift card, or add money to your Playstation wallet from a credit/debit card through your desktop, mobile, PS4 or PS5 consoles.

Edited by Paperclip1776
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PS3 and Vita is being phased out. Not even being able to track your friends on PS3/Vita is proof enough Sony is trying  to dump them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with the removal of debit/credit card payment options on the actual Playstation 3/Vita Stores if it means they will stay online for years to come. Adding funds to your wallet using the Playstation Store web version either on PC or mobile is pretty simple and shouldn't be much of hassle in the long run. The only drawback really is those CERO Z games that won't be buyable anymore on the respective stores...maybe Sony could come up with a solution that you would have a [japanese] credit card on your account and that you could verify the age through some kind of settings.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 7:36 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Can someone tell me how to bypass the Cero Z on JP storefronts? I’ve been confused on this as I’ve been meaning to get Bioshock 2 on PS4 for the stack, but no one has answered it.

 

There is no way to bypass it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 10:36 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Can someone tell me how to bypass the Cero Z on JP storefronts? I’ve been confused on this as I’ve been meaning to get Bioshock 2 on PS4 for the stack, but no one has answered it.

 

As for DLC, I’m pretty sure it isn’t affected. I bought Alice Madness DLC a few months back and didn’t get any message on it needing verification. 

Based on the emails that user are getting from Playstation regarding this update, there's no way to bypass this as it's mentioned specifically in the email that you won't be able to purchase Z rated games starting October 27 in Japan.  No other regions have games impacted, just the way you purchase them going forward.

 

Regarding DLC, yes you can continue to purchase after this is implemented.  From the OP:

 

Due to this change, you will no longer be able to purchase the main part of the game that is "only for 18 years old and over" (CERO Z). Downloadable content for these games will continue to be available for purchase. In addition, purchased content will continue to be available for download.

 

41 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

I'm fine with the removal of debit/credit card payment options on the actual Playstation 3/Vita Stores if it means they will stay online for years to come. Adding funds to your wallet using the Playstation Store web version either on PC or mobile is pretty simple and shouldn't be much of hassle in the long run. The only drawback really is those CERO Z games that won't be buyable anymore on the respective stores...maybe Sony could come up with a solution that you would have a [japanese] credit card on your account and that you could verify the age through some kind of settings.

 

 

Unfortunately, CERO Z rated games will no longer be purchasable starting October 27.  From the OP:

 

Due to this change, you will no longer be able to purchase the main part of the game that is "only for 18 years old and over" (CERO Z). Downloadable content for these games will continue to be available for purchase. In addition, purchased content will continue to be available for download.

 

Edited by Paperclip1776
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Based on the emails that user are getting from Playstation regarding this update, there's no way to bypass this as it's mentioned specifically in the email that you won't be able to purchase Z rated games starting October 27 in Japan.  No other regions have games impacted, just the way you purchase them going forward.

 

Regarding DLC, yes you can continue to purchase after this is implemented.  From the OP:

 

Due to this change, you will no longer be able to purchase the main part of the game that is "only for 18 years old and over" (CERO Z). Downloadable content for these games will continue to be available for purchase. In addition, purchased content will continue to be available for download.

 

Unfortunately, CERO Z rated games will no longer be purchasable starting October 27.  From the OP:

 

Due to this change, you will no longer be able to purchase the main part of the game that is "only for 18 years old and over" (CERO Z). Downloadable content for these games will continue to be available for purchase. In addition, purchased content will continue to be available for download.

 


Im referring to how people were bypassing the age restriction in the first place. I want to buy Cero Z games on PS4, but I have no idea how to go about doing it with the age restriction in effect.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always used just PSN cards, I never used paypal and don't have a Japanese credit card to use. You can still add funds to your account from the PC and PS4/5 and then just log in on the PS3 or vita to buy stuff. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly enough my German alt also got this email, with the same date. I thought this was removed for all of Europe already at the start of the year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:


Im referring to how people were bypassing the age restriction in the first place. I want to buy Cero Z games on PS4, but I have no idea how to go about doing it with the age restriction in effect.

 

No one has been bypassing the age restriction. The only way to buy CERO-Z games without a Japanese credit card is to buy a physical copy (if it exists).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.