[VIDEO] Alan Wake Remastered - Platinum Walkthrough - Full Game Trophy Guide

Optinooby

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Hey every1,

I'm going through this currently recording a Platinum Walkthrough/Speedrun for it. As per usual, I'm giving commentary going through everything in a optimised manner and explaining it as we go.

I'll upload them below as I go.

We're doing a 100% run on Easy to unlock Nightmare and get all the misc/collectible trophies out the way, then Nightmare quickly getting a few unique collectibles along the way.

And if anybody is interested on my other WIPs, I'm currently recording a Platinum Speedrun to accompany my God of War Platinum text guide on here as well and also slowly playing Returnal which I hope to make a Platinum Guide for after Alan Wake and GoW are done. Then at the end of the month I'll be covering Fatal Frame ;)

Speedrunning where my man gets out of breath every 5 meters when he "runs".. goodluck!

Jk's aside you're awesome again for doing this :D

Can't wait to see some tips on nightmare as I'm currently on chapter 3 on easy doing all the collectable stuff

• Like 1

9 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Any idea on the difficulty for the plat?  I've been looking for a horror game to plat and was debating between Silent Hill 3 HD(PS3), RE3, or this.  

I'm still learning the systems a bit, I'm replaying episodes multiple times before recording and moving onto the next. It's apparently a 5/10 as SecondGenesis said as well. I find the combat a bit janky if I'm honest so that may be the biggest problem on Nightmare so you wanna take your time to get used to it while on Easy first.

9 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Speedrunning where my man gets out of breath every 5 meters when he "runs".. goodluck!

Jk's aside you're awesome again for doing this :D

Can't wait to see some tips on nightmare as I'm currently on chapter 3 on easy doing all the collectable stuff

Yea it gets a little annoying ;), I rarely go for a record speedrun anyway, it's more about getting through it fast so that less footage to watch! Are you finding the combat weird.....I read reports that you can just run past enemies on Nightmare, but even on Easy, if I run I usually get caught and sometimes stun-locked even if dodging so it's usually better to kill or stun before running I'm finding.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I'm still learning the systems a bit, I'm replaying episodes multiple times before recording and moving onto the next. It's apparently a 5/10 as SecondGenesis said as well. I find the combat a bit janky if I'm honest so that may be the biggest problem on Nightmare so you wanna take your time to get used to it while on Easy first.

Yea it gets a little annoying ;), I rarely go for a record speedrun anyway, it's more about getting through it fast so that less footage to watch! Are you finding the combat weird.....I read reports that you can just run past enemies on Nightmare, but even on Easy, if I run I usually get caught and sometimes stun-locked even if dodging so it's usually better to kill or stun before running I'm finding.

I’ve never even tried getting past enemies. They always keep up with me and start stabbing me??‍♂️.. Combat is a bit out dated bit nothing to hard so far. I am curious about nightmare though I think it’s going to be really annoying

• 2 weeks later...

The 1st 100% Easy Walkthrough is done, I'v also done videos for the DLCs which roughly take 50 minutes each for all trophies, but can be tricky doing them all at once. Just gotta cover the Nightmare run now, will do that next week.

I have sorta enjoyed the game, and I get the story is very loved, but in terms of gameplay, I don't find it anything special to be honest. Once you have gone through the main game and the DLC trophies, you learn just how janky and awkward the controls, combat and platforming is.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...