New DLC with a Trophy

Sailar91

I don't understand people who keep coming to this game and they delete it after obtaining the dlc trophies.

I was doing the same thing for the season 1 dlcs (from 3rd trophy to 13th) and then I saw that a new season is coming with 13 more trophies so I left it on console and now every time a new update is coming I just start the game to obtain the trophy and then wait for the next one.

I can understand that many people have not that much space but I don't think that it takes so much space.I have a ps4 pro and I already have 7 games installed (8 with killing floor) so why all the fuss from the moment that you know that you will be coming again and again and again.We have 2 trophies for season 3 and I can tell you that we are going to have 11 more trophies so try to not delete it and leave it on the menu till the end of season 3.

Regarding the last trophy I have to say that I couldn't find even 1 of the collectibles because they were too small and in weird places.It was the 2nd or 3rd dlc trophy where I used a guide(more of the dlcs are just 1 playthrough with grenade launchers etc if you don't know where they are (due to aoe of this kind of weapons)

I would love to see a 3rd game!It was pure fun all the way to platinum(until the 39 dlc trophies...)

Edited by s_a_s_u_k_e
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

I don't understand people who keep coming to this game and they delete it after obtaining the dlc trophies.

I was doing the same thing for the season 1 dlcs (from 3rd trophy to 13th) and then I saw that a new season is coming with 13 more trophies so I left it on console and now every time a new update is coming I just start the game to obtain the trophy and then wait for the next one.

I can understand that many people have not that much space but I don't think that it takes so much space.I have a ps4 pro and I already have 7 games installed (8 with killing floor) so why all the fuss from the moment that you know that you will be coming again and again and again.We have 2 trophies for season 3 and I can tell you that we are going to have 11 more trophies so try to do not delete it and leave it on the menu till the end of season 3.

Regarding the last trophy I have to say that I couldn't find even 1 of the collectibles because they were too small and in weird places.It was the 2nd or 3rd dlc trophy were I used a guide(more of the dlcs are just 1 playthrough with grenade launchers etc if you don't know where they are (due to aoe of this kind of weapons)

I would love to see a 3rd game!It was pure fan all the way to platinum(until the 39 dlc trophies...)

The current install size for this game as of v1.63 is 44.63gb, which is up 2gb from the previous update. I do agree though that there's no point in uninstalling this game, especially not when new DLC trophies get added so often.

I am tempted to just delete the game and then wait until every single trophy has been released and it's confirmed there will be no more updates, because there are sometimes 18GB patches that get auto downloaded and installed, and then there's not even any new trophies to go with it.

I think bandwidth wise it is more effective to just delete it. Nothing to do with how much space you have left on your drive.

Otherwise you've basically downloaded the entire game countless times since you're practically downloading a third of the game each time.

18GB for 15 mins of gameplay every 3 months just seems a bit dumb.

"What are the buttons again?"

Play offline, run around the map until one fat zombie is remaining, then follow a guide. Seems to be be impossible to run past without getting your screen slimed, impossible to die from him, but just finicky having to pause the game, or pause the video so he doesn't catch up with you after you run away.

I usually wait until there are 2 trophies to do to make the chore more palatable

Some of the comments section on the youtube video guides.

"AWESOME GUIDE THANKS MAN!!!! SEEYOU IN 2-3 MONTHS"

Accurate.

• Like 2

I know, this is not a popular solution, but you can try out the new map, new weapons and the new weekly. Maybe complete the seasonal challenges or unlock some new cosmetics. Have some fun for a few days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SiC said:

I know, this is not a popular solution, but you can try out the new map, new weapons and the new weekly. Maybe complete the seasonal challenges or unlock some new cosmetics. Have some fun for a few days.

Yeah, that's what I usually do.

But yeah, that's not popular in these parts. I understand trophies are the priority to those on sites such as these but I feel like if you've gone to the effort of downloading an 18gb update and booting the game you might as well at least tinker around for at least just one session, right? Have a little fun and whatnot. Sure, that's time you could have been spending farming the latest Rata stacks or whatever so you'll take a bit of a hit to your trophy gains but a couple hours break from that to enjoy some new content sounds worthwhile to me.

Look, I understand both sides. "It's free content why complain" vs "I don't want to download this game every 4-6 months/rather have new game". Both are valid in their own ways with neither side being wrong.

But I don't understand the phrase "x GB for one trophy/15 minutes of gameplay" It's not 18 GB for one trophy, it's 18 GB every few months because they add new maps, new balances, new weapons, new cosmetics, new weeklys. You know new content not just another throw away trophy.

Gotta remember their making a game first and foremost, not a digital sticker.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Look, I understand both sides. "It's free content why complain" vs "I don't want to download this game every 4-6 months/rather have new game". Both are valid in their own ways with neither side being wrong.

But I don't understand the phrase "x GB for one trophy/15 minutes of gameplay" It's not 18 GB for one trophy, it's 18 GB every few months because they add new maps, new balances, new weapons, new cosmetics, new weeklys. You know new content not just another throw away trophy.

Actually it's 18GB for one trophy because Unreal Engine 3 sucks at making proper patches.

17 hours ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

Regarding the last trophy I have to say that I couldn't find even 1 of the collectibles because they were too small and in weird places.It was the 2nd or 3rd dlc trophy where I used a guide(more of the dlcs are just 1 playthrough with grenade launchers etc if you don't know where they are (due to aoe of this kind of weapons)

I knew I wasn't the only one. I swear to God my eyes hurt trying to focus on overy single spot I could think of. The map is huge, it's kinnda dark, the collectibles are rather small and black. Found only three collectibles in my first attempt after going around the map for like 20 minutes. 

16 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Chill out dude, my comment was mostly tongue in cheek. Yes I'm aware that every new patch is more than just an extra trophy. I mean I wasn’t even bitching, it's a great model for people who really enjoy the game and want new content.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not annoyed but rather amused by this strange game in my collection that has been popping out a lone trophy every other month for so many years. It's quite unique in its own way and has become a running joke among my friends. With each DLC, we boot up the game and go hunting together the new collectible, having a few good laughs along the way.

• Like 2

Will be playing this game coming up for six years this november.

Play it on a friday night with a mate and with the range of maps given over that time it never gets old, also working through the perks getting them to level 25, so far got about three or four left before we hit the prestige switch and start again.

We leave our party open for randoms and have a full party of six taking down zeds and bosses, it can get very manic on those later waves.

The amount of content given (and the free bronze trophy each season) has been great from the developer, if only other studios would take note on how to handle titles like this.

I'll be on the rig later tonight to get my 100% lol

10 hours ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Chill out dude, my comment was mostly tongue in cheek. Yes I'm aware that every new patch is more than just an extra trophy. I mean I wasn’t even bitching, it's a great model for people who really enjoy the game and want new content.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not annoyed but rather amused by this strange game in my collection that has been popping out a lone trophy every other month for so many years. It's quite unique in its own way and has become a running joke among my friends. With each DLC, we boot up the game and go hunting together the new collectible, having a few good laughs along the way.

It was in a chilled tone, unfortunate side effect of the internet. Me, personally, I have no problem keeping this on my external drive and coming back to the game every now and then. It’s fun, but I will admit the game is drying out for me. 

This wasn’t direct towards you, or really anyone to be honest. If your prerogative is to play just for the 5 minutes to earn the trophy, more power to you. Play how long or however you want. I have no power in saying you can’t or shouldn’t do that. 

However, saying the update is 18 gb  for one trophy is factually wrong. It’s not an opinion it’s just false. You can hate or love the game for its updates, but the main takeaway is the update isn’t just a trophy. It just isn’t a good excuse to bash the game on. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

The collectibles on the Rig map aren't showing up for me, anyone else had an issue? I usually get these trophies in a solo game at the end of round one, didn't work this time so I tried a public online match and still nothing, I also rebooted the game.

I got this trophy without issue, just prior to the patch that came out shortly afterwards so it's possible the update has glitched the collectibles in someway.

• 3 weeks later...