Regarding PS5-Upgrade

Mickmann_1403

I'm thinking about buying the game digital on PS4. With the free upgrade to PS5 i could play on both consoles.

Can someone please confirm the following (as soon as the game is out of course...):

1. I can play on PS5, my wife on PS4 and we can still play coop (while only having bought the game once).

2. I can play on PS4/5 and continue playing on the other console later (PS4 -> PS5 or PS5 -> PS4).

Thanks in advance.

You can play with yout wife. Its generally called sharing. Not sire if ps4 and ps5 will be able to play together (pretty likely they are) but if not you can still install the ps4 game ob your ps5 and do it that way

Edited by Ich1994-1994
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Battlehorst187 said:

Yes it is

we are having issues in europe again like what happend with watch dogs legion where the game is basically a different region disc that isnt registering with our accounts to trigger the free upgrade option.

For people in europe, i have found a work around to download ps5 upgrade.

The disk is in a russian region so you will have to create a russian account in order to download the ps5 free upgrade and then play it on your main account. Its worked for me hopefully works for the rest of you

• Like 1

Just now, Casciaro1997 said:

The disk is in a russian region so you will have to create a russian account in order to download the ps5 free upgrade and then play it on your main account. Its worked for me hopefully works for the rest of you

yes but your save file and access to dlc is not valid with your regions version should you download it once its fixed. meaning you have to essentially start again.

2 minutes ago, jjnet123 said:

yes but your save file and access to dlc is not valid with your regions version should you download it once its fixed. meaning you have to essentially start again.

It will be, set that russian account as console sharing so any other account can use games downloaded on that account and also download dlc on that account. And play on your main account its what i am doing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Casciaro1997 said:

It will be, set that russian account as console sharing so any other account can use games downloaded on that account and also download dlc on that account. And play on your main account its what i am doing

ill give it a go. hopefully if it isnt fixed this also lets you play dlc as i got the gold edition.

8 hours ago, Casciaro1997 said:

Cheers, mate, downloading the PS5 upgrade now.

I'm assuming that Ubisoft will provide a free download code as compensation seeing as I don't think it's the seller's problem at this point?

3 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Cheers, mate, downloading the PS5 upgrade now.

I'm assuming that Ubisoft will provide a free download code as compensation seeing as I don't think it's the seller's problem at this point?

Yep, no sellers problem at all theyve got nothing to blame as they have sold game provided by ubisoft, its ubisofts problem for sending out russian region locked copies to the whole of europe

• Like 1

On 08/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, Mr_Buzzinka said:

Can confirm!
You need Russian account to access the free upgrade for region 2.

But then you have to start over with no DLC access either. 
If I enjoy a game I’ll play it twice but that isn’t the same for everyone. 

Yep, fixed now and my Russian PS5 save file is compatible with the UK upgrade too so don't need to start again. My PS5 has created two separate save datas, classing them as different games but the save file transfers just fine. In fact, I didn't even have to download the save data from the Ubisoft connect cloud; I jsut pressed continue and it picked up where I left off.  Not sure how it will work with DLCs but should be fine.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom