How to double platinum this game

Chaos_Bladez

3 hours ago, RawrItsAndrew said:

Good to know, but also could just play the game twice haha

I mean, you could but I don't think I'd want to because that's a big commitment for a game that is pretty similar to its predecessors.

3 hours ago, porter024 said:

Does the coop trophy auto unlock or do you have to it again

Nothing auto pops in FC6. But doing co-op in one version shouldn't lock you out of doing it in the other version with the save save.

13 hours ago, RawrItsAndrew said:

Yeah I take this back It is boring as hell currently massive yawn fest

Yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at. I did end up liking the game but a lot of people will find it repetitive just playing it once, let alone platinuming it manually twice.

12 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

I hope this trend continues, autopop sucks. Especially since it encourages you to play the inferior ps4 version typically. 

I can see that. I usually like autopop but I also don't mind replaying games. It probably depends on the game though. 

On 10/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, RawrItsAndrew said:

That's what I intend to do. If the game is great, I'll definitely play through again. 

In WD: Legion you have to do all story related trophies anyway. 

How many hours is a playthrough?

Edited by TheGoaler
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

That's what I intend to do. If the game is great, I'll definitely play through again. 

In WD: Legion you have to do all story related trophies anyway. 

How many hours is a playthrough?

That is very dependent on how you play. I went very methodically and finished it in around 30 hours. One other reviewer I know blazed through it in 14.

1 hour ago, Matush_SVK said:

So what are the trophies we should look out for? Can you replay missions for story related stuff?

I would look out for the story trophies. Upload your save before taking the last mission. It'll likely be obvious when that is. You can also press the PS button and look at the system-level mission tracker and if it's at like 80% or 90% before taking the mission, back out and upload your save. You can upload it during the mission but that will most likely mean you'll have to replay parts of the mission.

There is also a trophy for doing the Yaran Story "Triada Blessings." This is a multi-step mission so just upload your save before placing the three idols.

Also keep an eye on your collectibles (USB songs, supremos, weapons, roosters, and treasure chests). I left one of each collectible in a small area, backed out, uploaded the save, and then got my last rooster, song, and treasure hunt in one go. I did the supremos differently (the final one is tied to the Triada Blessings mission) and have yet to do the weapons, but the methods are still the same.

This also applies to the four rides, hunting all the mythical animals, and building all of the camp things. These are the vehicles you can summon from the weapon wheel. Just upload save before you find your final one. The same goes for the animals. Just upload your save before hunting the final one. And don't forget to upload your save before building the final camping facility. This will be at your third storyline on the main island.

I think all the others are safe to do in one final save. Again, just make some backup saves to be safe.

And no, you can't replay missions.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 4

On 10/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

snip

Thanks for an answer. It goes smoothly, but it seems I'm having problem with Furiously Fast trophy. Were you able to unlock it without any problem? I've already unlocked all 10 upgrades but I cannot pop the trophy even if I unselect any car .upgrade

Thanks for the guide, OP.

It's not too complicated to do and the percentage tracker on PS5 means it's obvious when you're approaching the end of a quest line without accidentally spoiling things for yourself online.

It is jarring going from PS5 to PS4 visually. The PS5 at 60 fps is so crisp whereas the PS4 has a weird, blurry vaseline effect that hurts the eyes lol

• Like 2

On 07/10/2021 at 3:52 AM, JunkSkelington said:

I hope this trend continues, autopop sucks. Especially since it encourages you to play the inferior ps4 version typically. 

imagine having access to a superior version and still preferring the inferior version just for the purpose of auto pop a platinum. damn.

On 16/10/2021 at 4:25 AM, kevao97 said:

imagine having access to a superior version and still preferring the inferior version just for the purpose of auto pop a platinum. damn.

No judgement at all to anyone who does do this, because it's Sony's fault not yours (take what you can take and game how you want), but this is the No. 1 reason why auto-popping trophies is stupid. It's typically one way (PS4>PS5), which is going to encourage trophy hunters to play the worse version of a game for a double platinum rather than the new-gen experience. I find the concept of playing the old version of a game on your new console rather than the new version fundamentally a bit strange, and Sony is subtly encouraging it for cross-gen experiences. For games like Outriders where auto-pop is two way, I get it a little more, as you are at least playing the newest, best version. 

As stated above in another comment, I'll take the free Platinum for the PS4 games I already played before the PS5 released - I'm not going to not take it if I've already done it legitimately - but I don't intend on playing the worse PS4 version now just to get 2 platinum's for 1 game's worth of work.

Calling myself out, now. I also have a weird, personal side reason for doing this - I have obsessive tendencies, and I have all my PS4 titles (horizontal) consecutively, and then bought a PS5, and now have all my PS5 tiles (square) consecutively on my trophy history. Definitely not 'the' reason, but think it makes my trophy history look a lot cleaner. Xbox I'm less bothered, because everything is shared and uniform. 

On 06/10/2021 at 5:11 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

If you have any questions, let me know. And, again, shameless plug, here's the review I wrote for the game in case anyone was interested.

You're an extremely talented writer. I don't necessarily agree with everything written, but you write beautifully. Read your DS piece, too.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 0:46 PM, Matush_SVK said:

Thanks for an answer. It goes smoothly, but it seems I'm having problem with Furiously Fast trophy. Were you able to unlock it without any problem? I've already unlocked all 10 upgrades but I cannot pop the trophy even if I unselect any car .upgrade

Hm. Did you do all the different categories of upgrades like offense and defense? Sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked this thread in a bit.

On 10/13/2021 at 3:10 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Thanks for the guide, OP.

It's not too complicated to do and the percentage tracker on PS5 means it's obvious when you're approaching the end of a quest line without accidentally spoiling things for yourself online.

It is jarring going from PS5 to PS4 visually. The PS5 at 60 fps is so crisp whereas the PS4 has a weird, blurry vaseline effect that hurts the eyes lol

I thought they looked similar enough but yeah that frame rate difference is so noticeable.

On 10/15/2021 at 8:14 PM, WinterEcho said:

How do you do this? I don’t see any option to upload a save

You have to go to "New Game" from the main menu to upload it. You'll see a little cloud icon. I mentioned it in the top post.

15 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

You're an extremely talented writer. I don't necessarily agree with everything written, but you write beautifully. Read your DS piece, too.

Thanks! I appreciate that quite a bit. I spend a long time writing these reviews and spent a particularly long time on this one. I think I went to bed at like 3 am!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 0:44 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

I think games should do a hard 'either/or' with double platinum. It should give PS4 platinum owners full auto-pop on PS5 if a game does choose to include save importing, or if they do want not just give players a 2nd platinum for free, opt to not include shared save progress at all. I don't like this 'in-between' state where the game supports imported saves but unlocks somethings, not others (but quicker than if you hadn't played at all). It's just weird and a bit counterproductive - you should either allow the play to keep everything they've earned, or expect them to work on it again.

I agree right down the line. Either make it a true free plat with no weird backtracking and save manipulation involved, or break the link and remove all double dipping. I don't want more of these partial autopops. They're frustrating and anti-fun.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 5:34 PM, rdhight said:

I agree right down the line. Either make it a true free plat with no weird backtracking and save manipulation involved, or break the link and remove all double dipping. I don't want more of these partial autopops. They're frustrating and anti-fun.

Yeah, while I do sometimes like getting double the trophies, sometimes I'd rather just have one list like Xbox. My obsessive brain stresses out too much about it.

• Like 2

On 07/10/2021 at 9:44 AM, RawrItsAndrew said:

I loved the game so I played on both versions legit :)

I loved this game that much I’d like to play it again, I’ve already done both PS4 & ps5 versions but does anyone know if it stacks from North America, Japan or Asia?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 9:33 PM, Griffjon said:

I loved the game so I played on both versions legit :)

I loved this game that much I’d like to play it again, I’ve already done both PS4 & ps5 versions but does anyone know if it stacks from North America, Japan or Asia?

I highly doubt it is because the game doesn't have multiple entries on this site.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the trophy for reaching rank 14 (Comandante), do I need a save just before I level up?

My main concern at this point is the spec ops and insurgency leader kills. I only have the game for 1 week, so I can't wait for another weekly reset. How can I get both leader kill trophies in 1 week? If that exploit works to suicide after killing the leader, can I just abandon the assassination mission after the PS5 trophy pops and then do it on PS4?

For the spec ops, this thread claims one of the trophies (presumably "Complete a Special Operation") doesn't pop unless it's your first time doing it on that save.

Any clarification would be appreciated. I'm gonna try to get a fast PS4 plat time just for fun, but it's gonna be risky since we don't have unlimited save files

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, hore said:

What about the trophy for reaching rank 14 (Comandante), do I need a save just before I level up?

My main concern at this point is the spec ops and insurgency leader kills. I only have the game for 1 week, so I can't wait for another weekly reset. How can I get both leader kill trophies in 1 week? If that exploit works to suicide after killing the leader, can I just abandon the assassination mission after the PS5 trophy pops and then do it on PS4?

For the spec ops, this thread claims one of the trophies (presumably "Complete a Special Operation") doesn't pop unless it's your first time doing it on that save.

Any clarification would be appreciated. I'm gonna try to get a fast PS4 plat time just for fun, but it's gonna be risky since we don't have unlimited save files

Curious about this as well. And level 14. @espjh2 you said you successfully double platted this, how did you handle these?