How to double platinum this game

Chaos_Bladez

On 12/26/2021 at 0:31 PM, Kal2210 said:

Curious about this as well. And level 14. @espjh2 you said you successfully double platted this, how did you handle these?

• 14 isn't the level cap, so you can probably pop that trophy by reading lv15 (but I used my 13->14 save to be safe)
  • Spec Ops:
    • Turns out that thread I linked was just for the DLC; I'm fairly certain the base game Spec Ops trophies popped again on a save that already popped them.
    • Rescuing 1 hostage popped the trophy for rescuing 30.
  • Insurgency:
    • The trophy pops after killing the leader an additional time; you don't need to wait for another weekly refresh.
    • I used the exploit where you kill the leader -> reload autosave -> kill him again. Note that you need to kill him in different ways, like amigos or different weapons - headshotting him with the same gun won't count for another leader kill. Also, you should approach the base on foot, as that will create a convenient autosave/checkpoint just outside the base.

I ended up platting the PS4 version in a little over 4h, but that was very suboptimal, mainly because I spent at least 1h on the '<50% heat' Spec Ops trophy. I somehow got it first try on PS5, but it took me many attempts on PS4. A little tip: If you play it co-op, it seems like you can exploit that trophy by not carrying the bomb. I was the only one carrying the bomb, and even though it went past 50% and I didn't get the trophy, my partner did get it.

On 7.10.2021 at 8:52 AM, JunkSkelington said:

I hope this trend continues, autopop sucks. Especially since it encourages you to play the inferior ps4 version typically. 

I totally agree here, it a “bug ot exploit” that needs fixing. Unless ps4 version and ps5 version is completely different.

I have a ps5 and im “forced” yes i could ignore it. But im forced to play a inferior version just to get double trophies. 1 game = 1 plat, unless as said before the games are different and u actually have to play it in full twice.

• Like 2

On 27/12/2021 at 4:31 AM, Kal2210 said:

Curious about this as well. And level 14. @espjh2 you said you successfully double platted this, how did you handle these?

From memory... again it all comes down to having an awareness of the trophies and your saves etc. For the level 14, I think it popped mid mission (or post), you just ensure that you saved your game to the cloud prior to the mission starting and re-do it on the other console. Those online trophies like Complete a Special Operation, you need to do those on each different console. For example, I had no issue doing a PG-240X mission on PS4, then doing it on PS5. Pretty sure my cloud save was prior to completing it the first time. Again, just take it easy and back up your saves.

• 2 weeks later...

In actuality there's nothing wrong with playing through a 2nd time. 

I'm playing the PS4 version rn. I just need the Insurgence trophy to Plat the 5 version. 

Knowing what I know now from the first playthrough, except for a few annoying trophies to get again, this playthrough should be a blast. Only the PS 4 load times are a little brutal, but this game is definitely worth playing again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 7:40 PM, espjh2 said:

From memory... again it all comes down to having an awareness of the trophies and your saves etc. For the level 14, I think it popped mid mission (or post), you just ensure that you saved your game to the cloud prior to the mission starting and re-do it on the other console. Those online trophies like Complete a Special Operation, you need to do those on each different console. For example, I had no issue doing a PG-240X mission on PS4, then doing it on PS5. Pretty sure my cloud save was prior to completing it the first time. Again, just take it easy and back up your saves.

Have you figured out a way to cross save to PS4 for the dlc? 

17 hours ago, espjh2 said:

I have not played the DLC.

So I figured it out for if/when you do. Essentially, the save is tied to the last campaign that you saved/played. So figure out the appropriate save that the dlc is tied to and transfer that campaign the same way you did for the base game.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, melodicmizery said:

ah jesus christ i just spent a month playing this game to 100% thinking it will all autopop when my ps5 arrives tommorrow. this sucks. im relaly burnt out on this game. i really milked it. the story takes forever

yeah.... got 100% on PS4 thinking "oh.. i'll play the story again and get some other random trophies and then pop the rest".... i hate life right now.. i really dont want to do the DLC again lol

10 minutes ago, KingCuervo88 said:

yeah.... got 100% on PS4 thinking "oh.. i'll play the story again and get some other random trophies and then pop the rest".... i hate life right now.. i really dont want to do the DLC again lol

it burned me out. i got everything finished but the usb stick trophy im saving that for another day. i did the dlcs as soon as they were unlocked to get them out of the way. good thing its a pretty good game. 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if any of the Spec Ops trophies for completing on Mastery 3 difficulty will pop after completing on a lower level? I'm assuming they'd need to be completed on level 3 a second time, but curious if they've already been completed once and the save imported if you'd just have to complete them at any level.

On 2022-12-28 at 11:56 PM, jrrdnx said:

Does anyone know if any of the Spec Ops trophies for completing on Mastery 3 difficulty will pop after completing on a lower level? I'm assuming they'd need to be completed on level 3 a second time, but curious if they've already been completed once and the save imported if you'd just have to complete them at any level.

Yes you can finish them on the easiest difficulty on the other version if you use a save where you have already finished them on Mastery 3.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Just noting here for anyone else curious... (for the record, my game save was uploaded from PS5 where I already had 100% across both the base game and all 4 DLCs)

Base Game:

• For most trophies dealing with doing a thing X amount of times, doing that thing just 1 more time is enough to get it to unlock again (highly recommend getting 1 more toxic influence kill instead of trying for all 5 again, purchase 1 more meal, run over 1 more enemy in a vehicle, etc)
  • This is NOT the case with finding all of the USB sticks and opening all of the Criptograma chests, as these don't appear at all so you'll need to start a completely new game (New Game+ will NOT count as the USB drives and roosters will NOT respawn!)

Spec Ops:

• All of the Spec Ops Master Level 3 trophies popped after completing them on Standard difficulty which was super nice
  • The trophy for rescuing 30 hostages will pop after rescuing just 1 more if you've already completed this on the shared save
  • The trophy for completing a mission without the PG-240X exceeding 50% on the temperature meter needed to be done again
  • I'm currently unable to complete the trophy to find a hidden stash of Moneda at all because the key can't be picked up, so it looks like this needs to be attempted from a new game save

For the Lost Between Worlds DLC:

• Refracted Yara will pop as soon as Fractured Fortress is completed, as usual
  • In my first run, I went straight for completing it in under 15 minutes, so that trophy as well as the trophies for completing a run without respawning with glints and collecting all 5 shards popped together
  • You do need to melee the full 10 shardfaces in The Maze in a single run, as well as kill 20 shardfaces in Death By Darkness in a single run again
  • You only need to kill 1 shardface with a gadget, and blow up 1 shardface as Fai in Comandante Fai for those trophies to pop
  • Swimming to 185 meters in Sunken Esperanza, completing Color Combat without your health falling to critical, and completing the final boss fight are all required to be completed again as well

For the Vaas: Insanity DLC:

• The trophies for discovering all locations and collecting all of the diary pages popped as soon as I got into the DLC, which was interesting
  • Even though I had collected 10,000+ cash, the trophy for carrying at least 8,000 cash did NOT pop
  • I watched several visions, but the trophy for collecting all visions also did NOT pop

I'm guessing the Vaas, Pagan, and Joseph DLCs will all need to completed again from a new save in order for all of those trophies to pop successfully, unless anyone has found otherwise.

Edited by jrrdnx
  • Like 3

thanks for this.

I have tested this on both the Vaas and Pagan DLC's and this is the most efficent way.

You need 2 playthroughs each (Except pagan which will be 4 as stated below)

Start your 1st playthrough and get all of the following:

-All Locations. (Don't activate 1 gun challenge, but visit the location of it.)

-All Diary Pages.

-8000 currency.

-Escape

You need to save 1 for each of the following:

-1 chibi

-1 vision

-1 weapon challenge.

-1 (Armory Upgrade for Vaas, Power Slot for Pagan, Trait for Joseph)

after you escape you can save and quit. then exit from yara to the main menu.

upload your save to the cloud.

Start your level 5 run (except pagan, as you need to do 2 more run throughs to get the remaining visions at the statue shrine that drains the water. there are 4 different options to pick so I did 3 on mind 1, 1 on mind 5) and collect the 1 of each you saved and ensure that you have the 25000 pts on the scoreboard and escape.

On either the PS4 or PS5 version you will now have:

-8000 currency

-all locations

-all diary pages

-escape

-escape on level 5

-escape with 25000

-all chibis

-all weapons unlocked

-all upgrades (Armory Upgrade for Vaas, Power Slot for Pagan, Trait for Joseph)

-All visions

Download your cloud save on the other version:

Continue your save on mind level 5.

upon loading in you will pop

-all locations

-all diary pages

all that is left is to do the remaining trophies by collecting the 1 of each you saved and escaping. The 8000 currency will pop when you have accrued +8000 from where you started the dlc with. For example if you start your level 5 run with 5000 currency you need to carry 13000 at 1 time for the trophy to unlock no matter if you spend that 5000 at the beginning.

Edited by Deezle34
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 1:04 PM, Deezle34 said:

thanks for this.

I have tested this on both the Vaas and Pagan DLC's and this is the most efficent way.

You need 2 playthroughs each (Except pagan which will be 4 as stated below)

Start your 1st playthrough and get all of the following:

-All Locations. (Don't activate 1 gun challenge, but visit the location of it.)

-All Diary Pages.

-8000 currency.

-Escape

You need to save 1 for each of the following:

-1 chibi

-1 vision

-1 weapon challenge.

-1 (Armory Upgrade for Vaas, Power Slot for Pagan, Trait for Joseph)

after you escape you can save and quit. then exit from yara to the main menu.

upload your save to the cloud.

Start your level 5 run (except pagan, as you need to do 2 more run throughs to get the remaining visions at the statue shrine that drains the water. there are 4 different options to pick so I did 3 on mind 1, 1 on mind 5) and collect the 1 of each you saved and ensure that you have the 25000 pts on the scoreboard and escape.

On either the PS4 or PS5 version you will now have:

-8000 currency

-all locations

-all diary pages

-escape

-escape on level 5

-escape with 25000

-all chibis

-all weapons unlocked

-all upgrades (Armory Upgrade for Vaas, Power Slot for Pagan, Trait for Joseph)

-All visions

Download your cloud save on the other version:

Continue your save on mind level 5.

upon loading in you will pop

-all locations

-all diary pages

all that is left is to do the remaining trophies by collecting the 1 of each you saved and escaping. The 8000 currency will pop when you have accrued +8000 from where you started the dlc with. For example if you start your level 5 run with 5000 currency you need to carry 13000 at 1 time for the trophy to unlock no matter if you spend that 5000 at the beginning.

Great guide here, I’ll just add some items from my experience with these DLCs:

- Very important to not complete Mind Level 5 before doing your transfer.  The trophy will not pop again after loading up a save file with level 5 already completed (also 25k trophy)

- The 8000 currency did not work this way for me, it was very odd.  I collected well over 8000 from wherever I started and nothing.  Bought some items, started a new run and eventually it popped so best advice is just keep playing.

- You do not need to do 2 full extra playthroughs for Pagan.  You can just start a run, go immediately to the shrine to get one of the statue visions and then run back and save and quit, your progress will stay.

- Should be obvious, but prioritize the currency temporary buffs over all else.  It makes a difference on level 5 and saves grinding, also nothing is difficult enough where you actually need real boosts

On 3/10/2023 at 3:17 PM, jrrdnx said:

Just noting here for anyone else curious... (for the record, my game save was uploaded from PS5 where I already had 100% across both the base game and all 4 DLCs)

Base Game:

• For most trophies dealing with doing a thing X amount of times, doing that thing just 1 more time is enough to get it to unlock again (highly recommend getting 1 more toxic influence kill instead of trying for all 5 again, purchase 1 more meal, run over 1 more enemy in a vehicle, etc)
  • This is NOT the case with finding all of the USB sticks and opening all of the Criptograma chests, as these don't appear at all so you'll need to start a completely new game (New Game+ will NOT count as the USB drives and roosters will NOT respawn!)

Spec Ops:

• All of the Spec Ops Master Level 3 trophies popped after completing them on Standard difficulty which was super nice
  • The trophy for rescuing 30 hostages will pop after rescuing just 1 more if you've already completed this on the shared save
  • The trophy for completing a mission without the PG-240X exceeding 50% on the temperature meter needed to be done again
  • I'm currently unable to complete the trophy to find a hidden stash of Moneda at all because the key can't be picked up, so it looks like this needs to be attempted from a new game save

For the Lost Between Worlds DLC:

• Refracted Yara will pop as soon as Fractured Fortress is completed, as usual
  • In my first run, I went straight for completing it in under 15 minutes, so that trophy as well as the trophies for completing a run without respawning with glints and collecting all 5 shards popped together
  • You do need to melee the full 10 shardfaces in The Maze in a single run, as well as kill 20 shardfaces in Death By Darkness in a single run again
  • You only need to kill 1 shardface with a gadget, and blow up 1 shardface as Fai in Comandante Fai for those trophies to pop
  • Swimming to 185 meters in Sunken Esperanza, completing Color Combat without your health falling to critical, and completing the final boss fight are all required to be completed again as well

For the Vaas: Insanity DLC:

• The trophies for discovering all locations and collecting all of the diary pages popped as soon as I got into the DLC, which was interesting
  • Even though I had collected 10,000+ cash, the trophy for carrying at least 8,000 cash did NOT pop
  • I watched several visions, but the trophy for collecting all visions also did NOT pop

I'm guessing the Vaas, Pagan, and Joseph DLCs will all need to completed again from a new save in order for all of those trophies to pop successfully, unless anyone has found otherwise.

Wait, you can upload your Lost Between Worlds save?

Edit: Ah yes, I see now. I must have goofed it up last time I tried. Good to know. 

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...