Trophy Thoughts?

VELOCIOUS-VIPER

If I had to guess, these are by far going to be the worst.

Greatness

"Break the NHL® record for points in a career in Be A Pro."

How Prestigious

"Level up your World of CHEL pro past Player Level 50."

That first one is by far the rarest trophy in NHL 21 at 2.24% and I imagine nothing has changed to make it much easier. Blame Gretzky and requiring us to get 2,858 points lol

• Like 1

Working on the nhl 21 plat now, just grinding be a pro.

, on my 16th season, about 2100 points. But this is the exact same list……very disappointed. Also, no cross play, I’m the only guy on my chel squad with a ps5, so I’m kinda turned off by that as well?

Edited by hubster316
Added info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Boycot the crap for a couple years, they will be hit where it hurts, the moneybags :D 

Oh I haven't bought it since 2017. Only thinking about it this year because of the current gen upgrades and a friend wants to play. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, realm722 said:

Greatness

"Break the NHL00ae.png record for points in a career in Be A Pro."

How Prestigious

That first one is by far the rarest trophy in NHL 21 at 2.24% and I imagine nothing has changed to make it much easier. Blame Gretzky and requiring us to get 2,858 points lol

Oh noooooo not again!!! ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, realm722 said:

Greatness

How Prestigious

How prestigious is not bad as there are so many ways (game types) to level up and often extra bonus XP opportunities.  

Greatness is what is preventing me from the NHL 20 plat at this point.  Just a ridiculous over-the-top single player grind.  No good way to sim it that I know.  

On 07/10/2021 at 1:53 AM, realm722 said:

Greatness

How Prestigious

They are not too bad, to break Gretzky record you need around 2800 points, simming 24 seasons will net you 1600 automatically.

Farming the other 1200 points should take around 10 hours or so playing 20 minute games with sliders adjusted, so people overrate how bad this trophy is.

Level 50 would be grind legit, probably 30+ hours if you play only Ones Eliminator, however you can afk with a turbo/cronusMax/remote play script and get this trophy with no efforts afking 5 to 7 days.

8 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Not familiar with the new HUT additions/changes this year (don't care for this mode) how are the trophies for them? A couple of new ones with terminologies I don't know about.

Mostly all easy stuff, like HUT Rush, where last year everybody thought reaching Tier 10 would be bad and it was doable in 2 hours or so.

However this year we need to qualify to HUT Champions, should take a good while farming (on FIFA where I'm slightly above average player, it takes me around 20 to 30 hours farming Division Rivals, on NHL where I simply can't play at all, it will require afk farming once again, that's why I have 250 hours on NHL 20 lol, probably took me around 150 afk hours to get the competitive season reward, which should be similar to this trophy this year).

21 hours ago, djb5f said:

How prestigious is not bad as there are so many ways (game types) to level up and often extra bonus XP opportunities.  

Greatness is what is preventing me from the NHL 20 plat at this point.  Just a ridiculous over-the-top single player grind.  No good way to sim it that I know.  

Sim 24 seasons (you'll need to sim 25 for retirement trophy anyway) and you'll get 1600 points or so.

The rest 1200 points will need to be through actual gameplay, but it's not that bad as it seems, doable in 10 hours on rookie, 20 min quarters (playing only your shifts) and sliders adjusted in your favour. You can always breeze through opponent's defense and just easily score on 1v1 against the goalie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

They are not too bad, to break Gretzky record you need around 2800 points, simming 24 seasons will net you 1600 automatically.

Farming the other 1200 points should take around 10 hours or so playing 20 minute games with sliders adjusted, so people overrate how bad this trophy is.

Level 50 would be grind legit, probably 30+ hours if you play only Ones Eliminator, however you can afk with a turbo/cronusMax/remote play script and get this trophy with no efforts afking 5 to 7 days.

Mostly all easy stuff, like HUT Rush, where last year everybody thought reaching Tier 10 would be bad and it was doable in 2 hours or so.

However this year we need to qualify to HUT Champions, should take a good while farming (on FIFA where I'm slightly above average player, it takes me around 20 to 30 hours farming Division Rivals, on NHL where I simply can't play at all, it will require afk farming once again, that's why I have 250 hours on NHL 20 lol, probably took me around 150 afk hours to get the competitive season reward, which should be similar to this trophy this year).

Sim 24 seasons (you'll need to sim 25 for retirement trophy anyway) and you'll get 1600 points or so.

The rest 1200 points will need to be through actual gameplay, but it's not that bad as it seems, doable in 10 hours on rookie, 20 min quarters (playing only your shifts) and sliders adjusted in your favour. You can always breeze through opponent's defense and just easily score on 1v1 against the goalie

I will try again.  I played the first ~35 games at 3 minute periods and averaged ~20 points a game or so, meaning 700 points.  I the simmed the last ~45 games and only got 20 points.  I figured I’d get a higher return after crushing it but maybe because I am only a 85 (I think) overall.

How many seasons can you play before being forced to retire?  I guess I will play some more of my 2nd season, racking up another 500-700 points and then sim season after season?

17 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I will try again.  I played the first ~35 games at 3 minute periods and averaged ~20 points a game or so, meaning 700 points.  I the simmed the last ~45 games and only got 20 points.  I figured I’d get a higher return after crushing it but maybe because I am only a 85 (I think) overall.

How many seasons can you play before being forced to retire?  I guess I will play some more of my 2nd season, racking up another 500-700 points and then sim season after season?

You are forced to retire on 25th season.

Simulate seasons until you are OVR 97. That's the maximum I was able to reach without playing anything else, just spending my skill points whenever I had them.

Then I simmed a couple more season until my player start to decrease, so I started farming at OVR 96 actually.

Don't look at your SIM progress season by season, it's pretty inconsistent, some season you'll score a lot of points simming, others just 30. Of course when you're 97 it will be your peak. You can expect around 1600 points from simming 24 seasons.

So best strategy is:

- Sim until OVR 97

- Farm on Rookie/20min/play only your shifts/Sliders adjusted until you get around 1000~1100 points from actual gameplay.

- Sim to last season and see how many points you have now.

- Just farm a few more non-sim matches and trophy should pop.

Be careful not to sim too close to the end of the last season, it's better to farm final points at beginning just to be safe you won't be forced to retire.

Also I'm not sure if the milestone track correctly how many points you have in NHL (it might sum points from Pre-season and Playoff, which dont count for trophy)

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

You are forced to retire on 25th season.

Simulate seasons until you are OVR 97. That's the maximum I was able to reach without playing anything else, just spending my skill points whenever I had them.

Then I simmed a couple more season until my player start to decrease, so I started farming at OVR 96 actually.

Don't look at your SIM progress season by season, it's pretty inconsistent, some season you'll score a lot of points simming, others just 30. Of course when you're 97 it will be your peak. You can expect around 1600 points from simming 24 seasons.

So best strategy is:

- Sim until OVR 97

- Farm on Rookie/20min/play only your shifts/Sliders adjusted until you get around 1000~1100 points from actual gameplay.

- Sim to last season and see how many points you have now.

- Just farm a few more non-sim matches and trophy should pop.

Be careful not to sim too close to the end of the last season, it's better to farm final points at beginning just to be safe you won't be forced to retire.

Also I'm not sure if the milestone track correctly how many points you have in NHL (it might sum points from Pre-season and Playoff, which dont count for trophy)

Thanks again.  I am probably over halfway there.  With your push (tips), I will get back to this shortly and finish it off!

5 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Sorry, what do you mean by "afk farming"? xD

I guess I'm confused because I don't even know what HUT Champions is to begin with.

NHL 20 was a very easy NHL platinum I find (I skipped 21). I would have gotten that Platinum in less than a month if it weren't for opening the daily packs (I don't even play that much). I don't remember any trophies asking me for that many hours O_o

Edited by DragonSpear2462

The simming itself still takes a long time to do 24 years, because of the massive amount of interruptions by your coach, your agent, your teammates, the reporters and your GM.  I've got one year down so far!  23 sim years to go and then 1 amazing 25th season for the record books!  Last year I actually got the Golden Years trophy before I got the Greatness trophy because I decided to see exactly how many points I'd need to farm for myself.  

So this year, I'll be going for the double plat, so 2 x Greatness!  Should be fun, and by fun I mean excruciating!  ?