I Like the Heat info (it definitely works)

v_Sully

This didn't work for the first guy with all seven class completions on Hell on Xbox, either. He has the seven related achievements but not this one There's a thread on TrueAchievements about it.

I just completed Hell with my 7th character (Druid) and this achievement popped for me on Xbox.

All of my characters are hardcore, though, which might be the actual requirement. I hope. That'll make it a little harder for people.

edit: I also did it solo, so that may be a factor as well.

vSully on Xbox.

Edited by v_Sully
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, v_Sully said:

This didn't work for the first guy with all seven class completions on Hell on Xbox, either. He has the seven related achievements but not this one There's a thread on TrueAchievements about it.

I just completed Hell with my 7th character (Druid) and this achievement popped for me on Xbox.

All of my characters are hardcore, though, which might be the actual requirement. I hope. That'll make it a little harder for people.

vSully on Xbox.

any idea if that guy bounced between PC/console?

Just now, lurch_9944 said:

any idea if that guy bounced between PC/console?

Not sure.

I did. I did almost everything on pc.

My first char (sorc) completed the baal quest in hell on PC the day the game came out. Then I just did a solo baal run on Xbox and the associated achievement popped.

I got the rest of my characters up to the end of A5 hell on pc, then did a baal run with each one (solo) on xbox for their associated achievements. I like the heat popped along with the seventh.

I'm guessing that the game tracks each of the different game "modes" separately (just like stashes are separate between online/offline and softcore/hardcore). So you probably need to complete all 7 classes in the same mode, whether it's offline hardcore, or online softcore, or whatever -- mixing and matching is probably what screws it up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

*Snip*

Okay, then when someone has done all those "Complete the game on Hell difficulty with XYZ"-trophies solely on softcore, then the trophy "I like the heat." should unlock.

My guess is that @Animosity_7 (Hope you don't mind the tagging) did all "complete hell difficulty trophies" with all characters on SC, since the HC progress is showing 30/99 right now.. I think that the level 30 HC character is solely started for the HC 99 trophy... but I may be wrong here.

@v_SullyCongratulations to your achievement from my side! Do you like to share some tips with us how you pulled this off? All characters on HC while playing solo through to hell without dying.. nicely done! My guess is, that you played offline? Thank you in advance for sharing some information. 

Hey, sorry I was unlcear. 

I play primarily on PC and bought the xbox version just for the achievements. I play multiplayer exclusively on pc and I have only played with someone else once on xbox- when I made a level 9 softcore character to trade kills with a friend for the ears achievement. but my characters are all "online" as opposed to "offline." I doubt that this matters.

My first char was a HC sorc and my group played through Hell Baal on pc in a marathon session the day the game came out. I MF'd with her for about a week and built up some wealth, then took the XBox plunge and used her to pop most of the achievements. A Hell baal run satisfied the "complete the game on hell difficulty with a sorceress" achievement even though I had already completed the baal quest.

I then one at a time leveled up each of the other six classes on pc (multiplayer- this would take forever solo), only jumping over to xbox for a solo hell baal run for the associated achievements for each. And when my final character, a wind druid, beat hell baal on Xbox, his achievement popped, as did I like the heat.

So the inly thing I see that I've done differently than other people is that I did it all with HC chars.

Edited by v_Sully
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, v_Sully said:

*Snip*

Thank you for your answer.

Okay, online mode.. But still: 8 characters without dying is a hugh achievement. And in online mode with group play as well. I remember back again from D2 LoD that I where in constant fear of stupid HC PKs that ripped your character because they wanted to. You played in a premade group when you had to group up, yes?

May I ask up to which level you played all classes before attempting Baal on hell?

++++++++

==> Redoing Baal Kills with all classes once in hell difficulty seems to help.

Edited by Geridian
Info

• 1 month later...

I can confirm, on PS (HC+SC) Hell runs for the trophy works fine.
Did 6 chars on SC & 1 on HC, "I Like Heat" popped without an issue.

Just make sure not to switch platforms.
Also,
I played the entire hell runs in solo private lobbies too, if that matters.

Edited by TheSayanMitra
  • Like 1

I can also confirm it works. It didn't pop instantly, however. I had to re-do Baal with a few characters.

I played on a combination of PC and PS5. I would switch back to PS5 to finish Baal quest on Hell with each character.

The order I did it in:

- Sorceress (SC)

- Amazon (SC)

- Necromancer (HC)

- Druid (SC)*

- Paladin (SC)*

- Assassin (SC)*

- Barbarian (SC)*

*: multiple Baal runs with my Necromancer on Hardcore done in between on both PC and PS5.

To get the trophy to pop, I re-did Baal on hell with Necro then I did a run with my Sorceress then it popped.

It looks like switching between console and PC can mess up the tracking. Re-doing Baal on hell on console (without switching to PC) seem to unlock it. I was lucky and it unlocked quickly. I have read others need to re-do Hell, Baal with most characters.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, lukaszssj2 said:

So Ive complete the game with every class on HC online, every single trophy popped but "I like the heat" did not. Any ideas?

That's aggravating. I think at the moment your best option is to systematically go through each character class killing Baal in Hell mode again. In all likelihood it will pop on one of the kills.

On 5.12.2021 at 9:53 PM, Vextens said:

That's aggravating. I think at the moment your best option is to systematically go through each character class killing Baal in Hell mode again. In all likelihood it will pop on one of the kills.

Ok, it poped right after last character rekilled Baal. Uff ? thanks for help!

41 minutes ago, Afura_33 said:

Oh jesus I am having the exact same bug as you. I have all 7 trophies for finishing hell with all 7 characters, but the "I like the heat" trophy I do not pop up. Does someone know how to fix this? 

Most likley, one of them didn't register.

Kill baal again using each class and it should pop.

Edited by Rando-Calrisian-
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Confirmed that trophy is working, but still buggy.

Finished 5x characters on hardcore online, 1x sc and 1x on hardcore offline/singleplayer.

After last remaining character, hc offline pala, I got trophy for pala hell complete, but not I like the heat trophy. Then I tried and killed Baal few more times with that offline character, still nothing.

I had to play 4-5 other online hardcore characters and it was finally done.

Edited by Broxym

• 1 month later...

I might know why this little bug happening. I also didn't get it after my 7th character and came directly here and relieved that this is a common thing. Then I realized among my 7 characters, I didn't have the Baal quest icon registered for my Paladin (first one I did). I don't exactly remember but I think I quit the game after killing Baal without using the portal in the end, so maybe that's why it didn't register. When I killed with Paladin again, I got it. Not a big hassle, but if anyone would be looking to re-kill with characters they can use this method to prioritize, or just don't quit when you kill Baal with each character and finish the story.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

This piece of shit game i sware

i probably have the worst scenario of everyone, so listen to this!!

i first beat the game with an online hc necromancer, got the trophy, but he died trying for 99..character deleted

next i beat the game with a online hc paladin, got the trophy but died trying for 99, character deleted

(quits online)

hardcore single player with dupe exploits here i come

…main characters a 98 paladin who has everything for every other character at this point including torches so we shelf my paladin for now and start up the other classes for their trophies…

sp hc necro - already beat in online but have a sp necro ready to go because i have everything like i said…

sp hc druid, beats game gets trophy

((sp hc barb, gets to act3 normal and backs up save to cloud)) - this part is interesting we will come back to this exact spot later!

i go on to beat the game with my barb and get the trophy

now onto the ladies

sp hc amazon, beats game gets trophy

sp hc assassin, beats game gets trophy

Lastly, sp hc sorceress…my fucking sorceress at rakanishu in normal dies to his lightning, RIP

but heres the real kicker, my personal inventory has all her gear ready for her..

grand charm skillers with life, torch, anni sc, chains of honor, perfect hoto, 29maras, 2sojs, 6bo cta and spirit, all her mercs gear, i mean everything..and this is how all my characters were, they all had everything in their stash going into their runs…so what do i do?  I redownload that save file i previously uploaded to the cloud but that means i lost my completed trapsin, javazon, and singer barb was reverted back to lvl21

even though i have all the trophies for all the characters i cant exactly go back and beat hell baal with them

i still have them per say but i have to re-level them all over again completely, theyre just all lvl1 with all their gears in there stashes ready to be started as they were the first time around lol fml

edit: reading through comments and seeing how i beat the game with everyone offline single player hardcore except the necro i did online

maybe if i redo my necro hardcore single player it’ll pop i like the heat

Edited by Property_Damage

That's propably coz one of your character did not saved the killed - even tho you got trophy. I had the same- killed baal on hell with all classes still no trophy, but it was easier to rekill for me coz I had all chars avaible - some on hc offline, some on sc online, but I had to rekill baal on hell on every class. It worked on last one, so if you had some classes dead I guess you gotta make those again sadly from lvl 1 :/

1 hour ago, Yossarian_pio said:

That's propably coz one of your character did not saved the killed - even tho you got trophy. I had the same- killed baal on hell with all classes still no trophy, but it was easier to rekill for me coz I had all chars avaible - some on hc offline, some on sc online, but I had to rekill baal on hell on every class. It worked on last one, so if you had some classes dead I guess you gotta make those again sadly from lvl 1 :/

this games definately playing against me

so i have 4 characters done that i can replay anytime, yay me!

Now 1’s started and 2 have yet to go (for a second time)

luckily i can run thru the game pretty quickly when i have the free time but fml, this shit better pop sooner than later

will report back when i can with hopefully better news