New Resident Evil movie looks true to game [Trailer]

NMErickson

Here's everything that is wrong with this movie:

1. Filmmakers decided to adept 2 video games in 1 movie.

2. Chris & Claire Redfield meet in Raccoon City & form a plan to expose Umbrella.

3. Spencer Mansion segments & Raccoon City segments are happening AT THE SAME TIME.

4. No Barry Burton & Rebecca Chambers for Spencer Mansion segments & no Sherry Birkin for Raccoon City segments.

5. Leon S. Kennedy looks like Carlos Oliveira.

6. Actors look like cosplayers with those costumes.

7. Cheap looking CGI.

And here are all good things about this movie:

1. Paul W. S. Anderson & Milla Jovovich have nothing to do with it.

2. Locations look true to the video games.

That's it.

My biggest concern is, if this movie fails, Constantin Film (production company) might hire Paul W. S. Anderson & Milla Jovovich again to reboot the franchise or make Part 7 of the original movie franchise. God forbid.

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

You don’t expect much. I swear looking at some of these comments we as fans deserve exactly what we get: generic Paul W.S. Anderson action video game adaptions to appeal to the mainstream. There’s no point in trying to appease the gaming fans who are keen to find inaccuracies or expect the next Citizen Kane of video game movies. It’s an impossible task. Having seen dozens of video game adaptions, I’ve tempered my expectations going into these so will just try to have fun and enjoy it for what it is. They’re attempting to incorporate more elements from the games and I applaud them for that, bumps and all. It’s a risky play. Yes, it could turn out to be House of the Dead levels of awful but it’s too early to assess just from a trailer. I’ll reserve judgment until I’ve seen the whole movie.

Edited by NMErickson

On 10/7/2021 at 1:20 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Gus Van Sant's Psycho was a shot for shot remake and it sucked.

So hoping it will be good but will have to wait for the movie.

Some of the cgi looks terrible though

Yeah the CGI was somewhat heartbreaking. I hope they improve upon it for the final cut but it's wishful thinking I think

This is the international trailer:

It's better then US one, but the movie still looks cheap. It's so strange to me that the producers decided to adept 2 video games in 1 movie on $40 mill. budget, when it would be much better (story wise) to adept only 1st game on the same budget, make better costumes, make-up & CGI effects. I'll still watch it nonetheless.