So I might have found a way to cheese the final boss.

During one of my many failed phase 3 attempts, Kena got blasted out of the area from the mouth laser attack. I am pretty sure it's not supposed to send her flying, but it happened and she got knocked all the way back to the barrier that stops you from just running around the whole place. In my panic to not die from standing around on the ground (It kills the player if they hang outside the arena for too long, as long as they are touching the floor) I rolled over to a giant rock that actually allows you to run up it, voiding the death floors.

I just now got the platinum for beating it legit, but I wanna try and see if I can cheese the boss with getting to that rock. If this works, it could help a lot of people get the platinum. Honestly this boss isn't too bad in phase 1 and 2, but phase 3 can be a nightmare if the little adds decide to go all out, which has happened in many of my runs, they just got nuts and I die from either them or the bosses attacks I wasn't paying attention to.

Edited by Dream_Hero_Nemo
Typo
  • Like 3

So hiding on top of the big rock or hopping onto the tree seems to avoid all damage unless it's from the shockwave attacks. 

Phase 1: 

Also, I forgot my controller mic was not muted, so it kept picking up the sound of the bow noise. I apologize for that.

Edited by Dream_Hero_Nemo
Cleaning up the post.
  • Like 2

So this trick also works during phase 3. I have 2 videos to share.

In this first phase 3 video, my controller wasn't muted so once it again it picked up all the noises and button presses. Again I apologize.
Phase 3 test 1.

And here is video 2
Phase 3 test 2: 

Honestly, if people can make it this far on the hardest difficulty then they most likely don't even need to do this, BUT I figured I would share this with people if they were having a hard time on any of the phases, I know the final phase can be a total nightmare.

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing, It is valid for Phase 1 and Phase 2 and can be very helpful if you want to get into Phase 3 with as much health as possible.

In Phase 2 it can be a bit finicky but try moving around the rock so the buss does not stay behind the tree where it is difficult to hit the crystals.

For phase 3 (easiest combined method) is to immediately go to the rock, the boss will then go out of bounds area and unleash a pink shockwave (shield yourself) and return. Most often the boss will return to the arena for the charge when the spears are vulnerable (so you cannot reach it) or it can also happen the final spear kills him out of bounds and the Rot finish won't register.

After you farm some courage from the rock, time your dash return to the arena with the boss returning to do the charge-up where he's vulnerable and take out one of the spears immediately. For the rest stay in the arena and finish the fight legit he will soon open up for the remaining to rot attacks on the spears. At this point flying enemies won't spawn anymore so just be mindful about the ground ones (keep moving and finish them quickly with jump-time freeze and arrows). Overall this last part of the fight is easily under 60 seconds so just be mindful of the swipe and laser attacks (laser will kill the ground minions)

I was able to beat the boss on all 3 phases just going to the rock on the outside of the area. When he would get to far for my rot to rip out the spears on phase 3, I would just go down to the base of the rock and he would get close and then I would use the rot power real quick. 

This made the boss a breeze which thank god cause some of the others were a pain.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just grabbed this game last week. It's looked amazing so I got it while on sale. Is this the type game you have to beat it to unlock master difficulty and re beat whole game? Or can you start on master difficulty? Also thanks for this post it could be most helpful later on. 

1 hour ago, Camokidd87 said:

I just grabbed this game last week. It's looked amazing so I got it while on sale. Is this the type game you have to beat it to unlock master difficulty and re beat whole game? Or can you start on master difficulty? Also thanks for this post it could be most helpful later on. 

Have to beat game to unlock master Spirit guide difficulty. 

• 4 weeks later...