What Guide(s) Are You Currently Writing? V.2

Roronora_Zoro666

My current project is doing the Guides for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune + both DLCs :). The DLC Guides are virtually done but the main Guide will take me at least a month to finish, due to the amount of detail that's required and the fact I have to do 2 vacations with each girl to get the info needed. The game is pretty simple once you wrap your head round the mechanics but there's a fair amount of RNG involved in certain trophies so trying to nail down some strategies will take a while. I've also got replay the game on one of my alt accounts in the near future so I can figure out some things I can't on my main account due to the fact I got the Plat/100% years ago. I also need to play the Vita version some more as well.

This is a great game and a lot of fun, you just have to know what you're getting into. There's a lot to like here and it makes a great chillax title, due to its relaxing and easy going nature :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

My current project is doing the Guides for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune + both DLCs :). The DLC Guides are virtually done but the main Guide will take me at least a month to finish, due to the amount of detail that's required and the fact I have to do 2 vacations with each girl to get the info needed. The game is pretty simple once you wrap your head round the mechanics but there's a fair amount of RNG involved in certain trophies so trying to nail down some strategies will take a while. I've also got replay the game on one of my alt accounts in the near future so I can figure out some things I can't on my main account due to the fact I got the Plat/100% years ago. I also need to play the Vita version some more as well.

Yeah, it’s always good to refresh your memory when writing a guide for a game you did years ago. That’s why I usually wrote trophy guides or supplements after doing them on my alt, keeps the knowledge fresh.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my Quake guide:

Since I'm not too familiar with the expansions and due to not having as much time as I'd like to focus on that, it will take some time to be ready since I want to add as many details as possible.

I started writing a guide for Emerald Shores some weeks ago. I'm taking my time with that one.

I plan to start a guide for Spelunky once I'm done or close to complete the guides mentioned above.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

My DOAX3 Guides are now 90% done :). I just need to clarify a few things, add some misc info, get the Road Map in the main Guide written then everything an be submitted :).

UPDATE 1: The Guides are now 98% done and will be submitted by the end of the week :).

UPDATE 2: It has taken me approx 90hrs over nearly 2 months but all 3 Guides are now complete and have been submitted :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Working on Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series as we speak!

Klonoa 1's section is almost done, while Klonoa 2's will fully begin once I get the remaining boss strategies I need to finish writing up for the first game done and out of the way!

• Like 1

I got my 3rd and final DLC guide ready for Hot Wheels Unleashed (Looney Tunes Expansion). However, I’ll put it up for review next week since I’ve been following the habit of one or more guides per month so far since January. Just a fun little challenge for myself.?

9 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

I got my 3rd and final DLC guide ready for Hot Wheels Unleashed (Looney Tunes Expansion). However, I’ll put it up for review next week since I’ve been following the habit of one or more guides per month so far since January. Just a fun little challenge for myself.1f60b.png

That’s funny, I’ve been doing the same. I’ve missed February cuz of delays, but I managed to have some extras to balance out the count.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just submitted a couple of quickie Guides for "Tamiku" and the "Strange Brigade: Graven Image" DLC :). Also, I'm currently working on a Guide and Walkthrough with a friend of mine, for Sakura Succubus 4 but I don't know how long it will take to get it finished, because my friend also has a solo project on the go that will take a long time to complete.

EDIT: I've decided to do one for Riverborn and its DLC as well :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Are you getting easy-to-read guides ahead of the queue? I'm sure queued my guide before the last Valhalla DLC even came out. @Charizarzar looks like changed something on 26th July and that's it.

Not long after you submitted I’d been trying to fix the tables as the guide contents have been pushed underneath your guide in mobile view, which is usually caused by a large image or a table with too many columns. Unfortunately my PC broke down and I’m currently waiting for it to be fixed (I’m limited with what I can do from my phone), but it looks like your guide is at the top of the queue now. Sorry for the wait, but it won’t be too much longer. :)

We also typically pair large guides with small guides each publishing day to make sure that the big guide gets enough spotlight on the homepage, so in times like this where there’s an excess of bigger guides in the queue, it’s faster to get published if yours is smaller.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

Cult of the Lamb is no longer a priority, doing Jumanji, NiGHTS into Dreams, and Godfall's final DLC currently.

Didn’t even notice the message til now. ?

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm currently between Guides whilst waiting for my latest ones to be approved but depending on what goes on sale this week when the next one starts, I may well be writing another one (or 2), sooner rather than later :).

I don’t even know what to buy honestly.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valzentia said:

Recently finished up a guide for Fairy Tail and i'm working on Shrek Forever After and MultiVersus as I wait for the guide team to review my Fairy Tail guide.

Good luck on the Multiversus guide! If you need help putting it together, I can gladly help out since I was thinking on making a guide for Multiversus myself.

On 8/15/2022 at 3:16 PM, nrs1nrs1 said:

Cult of the Lamb is no longer a priority, doing Jumanji, NiGHTS into Dreams, and Godfall's final DLC currently.

Updated. I decided to leave Godfall alone cuz I get to see how long ago you first petitioned to write it even after publication.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:53 AM, Valzentia said:

Recently finished up a guide for Fairy Tail and i'm working on Shrek Forever After and MultiVersus as I wait for the guide team to review my Fairy Tail guide.

Added all 3 to the list. Took the liberty of coloring Fairy Tail pink for obvious reasons. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 1:48 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Updated. I decided to leave Godfall alone cuz I get to see how long ago you first petitioned to write it even after publication.

Added all 3 to the list. Took the liberty of coloring Fairy Tail pink for obvious reasons. Looking forward to it. 

Godfall is going to be finished this weekend :) look out!

submitted and published!

Edited by nrs1nrs1