Running for 5 minutes to get sniped

Kiwicrash

This happening to anyone else? I feel like I run for a few minutes just to get sniped. Could be the learning curve of realising I shouldnt just run into battle but I cant help it.

Edit: got used to how to play, love the game now. Still get sniped but having a lot more fun.

Edited by Kiwicrash
fun

34 minutes ago, Kiwicrash said:

This happening to anyone else? I feel like I run for a few minutes just to get sniped. Could be the learning curve of realising I shouldnt just run into battle but I cant help it

Swap to commander/ask commander to drop down a new spawn location. Saves running 247. They can be placed anywhere and save so much time.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Kiwicrash said:

This happening to anyone else? I feel like I run for a few minutes just to get sniped. Could be the learning curve of realising I shouldnt just run into battle but I cant help it

Ask the Squad Lead/Officer to place down an outpost or garrison.

The difference between the two is that a outpost is for your squad to spawn on and a garrison is so that your entire team can spawn on but requires 50 materials that the delivery truck can drop off or the support class can drop supplies. 

• Like 1

It's terribly boring.  I understand it's trying to be more strategic, but real life and games are two different things.

"If it's not fun, why bother?"

- Reggie Fils Aime

To make it more fun, l killed everyone on my team before l uninstalled the game. Just wanted to see what the game's action was like.

Edited by TheGameCapsule
Addition
  • Like 2

Well I just bought insurgency sandstorm on Console, Nice balance Of realistic gun mechanics and very quick TTK. Played on PC for a lot longer.

Spent a couple of hours on HLL, Gun mechanics more like COD. Square button didn't work the first time I played, R2 didn't work the second time. After resetting 3  times  I'm in luck, I'll give any Milsim a chance but I don't think I'll be back for more on this one. I get how the game works, I'm no newbie so thanks for the free game. I'm sure any update can only improve from here.

I believe this comes down to a players patience. Been playing with 3 buddies. 1 is in love with it, 2 (me) of us are enjoying it but will likely stop with BF, and 1 absolutely hates it, but is playing because the other 3 are.

The person who hates it doesn't want to adapt to the games playstyle and only run and guns. I'm personally guilty of doing this as well and it just drastically changes how the game feels. Running and being shot over and over feels awful because it turns into a running sim. But as I play more and start to slow down I'm seeing my end game stats showing 7-10min+ on my longest life. Which in turn makes the game a lot more enjoyable. But if you're not someone who likes to slow down, you'll just never enjoy this title.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SwissLeviathan90 said:

Somehow part of the experience.

What I experienced in my short time playing, that most of the squad leaders don't even bother putting up any outposts, which is infuriating at times. You could save so much walking. I end up mostly looking for other squads, which have outposts (and they are mostly full)

Exactly

• Like 1

I find it to be extremely fun, I’m not sure if there is skilled based match making, anyway I got 100 kills with the artillery in a public match and I find people that are quite good at the game!

Sure it’s really slow and I’ve run for 5 minutes multiple times now just to get one shotted in the head, but if you can’t get over that, I don’t think the trophies are worth going for in public matches…

My suggestion is at least finding a regular squad to play with if you aren’t going to boost the trophies, this game is certainly much more enjoyable with conversation. I sat on the artillery for about 45 minutes just having a chat with a squad member about life and he would give me some good intel to strike. Maybe I’m just getting lucky with the people though, but I got to admit there are some others that take this game too seriously!

• Like 1

I really like it now too. Hated it after a couple games though, but it really grew on me the more I learned and I should mention I don’t even communicate with others. I just try to stick close to large groups of people.

As for spawning, I wish it repeatedly told spawn creators to put down spawns.. because none of them do. At least that I’ve seen, can maybe recall a handful of games with a good officer. I don’t understand why they don’t either.. benefits the officer and the entire team from having to run 1k back to where we were lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

This game needs smaller maps, no one wants to walk for 5 minutes to get to the objective every time they die. 

You do this very simple thing called placing outposts, your whole squad can respawn anywhere on the map then. Takes maybe 5 seconds to do and you can place a new one down every minute. Very easy way to flank.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I really like it now too. Hated it after a couple games though, but it really grew on me the more I learned and I should mention I don’t even communicate with others. I just try to stick close to large groups of people.

As for spawning, I wish it repeatedly told spawn creators to put down spawns.. because none of them do. At least that I’ve seen, can maybe recall a handful of games with a good officer. I don’t understand why they don’t either.. benefits the officer and the entire team from having to run 1k back to where we were lol.

Everybody has a mic in their controller, just tell them to place an outpost, even if they don't talk back they'll still hear you from their controller.

1 minute ago, Kiwicrash said:

Did a mod or someone change my title? I didnt write about it being unenjoyable. I wrote about running for 5 minutes to get sniped. Im getting better at the game now so im having fun

Someone made a duplicate topic and when the threads were merged, the other title replaced this one. You already changed it back.