Does platinum require any multiplayer or co-op?

MonsterHunterBiT

15 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Falone said:

All trophies can be done solo

This is correct. I'm having a blast playing with my boys though. Really great game and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 1:55 AM, sh4d0wzcs said:

As a day 1 purchase I can confirm platinum can be done solo, the end boss however is a little tough but still do-able.

Thank you for mentioning the end boss Sh4d0wzcs.

I've enjoyed playing the game in co-op but the other guys cannot be on much at the same time.

I can confirm once you have your character upgrades, you can beast this game.

Really enjoy it.  Didn't get it on day 1 but got it for half price during a sale and love it.

Thanks again Sh4d0wzcs for your help. 

On 10/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, kfree7 said:

Thank you for mentioning the end boss Sh4d0wzcs.

I've enjoyed playing the game in co-op but the other guys cannot be on much at the same time.

I can confirm once you have your character upgrades, you can beast this game.

Really enjoy it.  Didn't get it on day 1 but got it for half price during a sale and love it.

Thanks again Sh4d0wzcs for your help. 

I waited about two months to play as well and by the time I did, I had an absolute blast with it. Guess it was super buggy and troublesome when it first dropped but I didn't have any issues playing it in June.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SlDHEAG said:

I waited about two months to play as well and by the time I did, I had an absolute blast with it. Guess it was super buggy and troublesome when it first dropped but I didn't have any issues playing it in June.

It's sad that it was so buggy at release, but I've been having a blast as well.  

Nice to see you enjoyed it as well, SIDHEAG.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

What about the DLC? Online co-op required?

yes for one trophy you gotta beat a boss in a duo.  I think the end game is a bit easier in a duo anyway so i'd say it's probably better to go through the 3 dlc trophies with somebody.  it's just playing some end game missions to get you rank high enough to complete the 4 required missions. maybe 5 to 7 hours completion unless you already powered up.  i think you gotta be around tier 12 or 15 not sure which to complete the last dlc mission. 

I have to say though I'm having a blast going back to the game.  If you like looter shooter type games this imo has them all beat for fun factor.  Giving the sale price of the game right now it's a steal and a easy platinum.

• 5 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 5:11 PM, steel6burgh said:

yes for one trophy you gotta beat a boss in a duo.  I think the end game is a bit easier in a duo anyway so i'd say it's probably better to go through the 3 dlc trophies with somebody.  it's just playing some end game missions to get you rank high enough to complete the 4 required missions. maybe 5 to 7 hours completion unless you already powered up.  i think you gotta be around tier 12 or 15 not sure which to complete the last dlc mission. 

I have to say though I'm having a blast going back to the game.  If you like looter shooter type games this imo has them all beat for fun factor.  Giving the sale price of the game right now it's a steal and a easy platinum.

The Wellspring is CT12, and unless you've got a stronger build at 12 it can be quite a challenge to solo due to it having a shaman about 3 sections in.  They can be a pain if you're not at least lvl 46 - 47 and kitted well.

• 3 weeks later...

You can definitely get this platinum solo.  However, be careful with the DLC.  The "take the pod" trophy has been known to glitch.  It popped when I played on ps4 but on ps5 it is glitched for me.  Obviously I've done the expeditions required but for whatever reason the ps5 trophy didn't unlock.  I've notified PCF and Square Enix numerous times and all they do is ignore me.  Be careful when spending your money...