Forsaken gets vaulted! Trophies?

CypressJDM

10 minutes ago, CypressJDX said:

The Forsaken expansion is getting vaulted next year. What's that mean for the trophies. Unobtainable or will the descriptions get updated?

Most likely unobtainable until they are unvaulted.  I have heard that Forsaken will be free to play in early December.

We can speculate but we can't really know for certain- sure, they did update the trophies related to prestige and leviathan before, so it's maybe unlikely that they won't at least think about the trophies, but this situation feels different. We're talking about a whole DLC. I know some of the Dreaming City stuff might still be available, but there's still a fair more amount of thought that needs to go into this change.

TLDR: Most devs don't seem to care about fixing trophies that become unobtainable. Fixing these DLC trophies could be a lot of effort for the reasons I list below. If you care about earning the Forsaken trophies, in my opinion, I would recommend getting them as soon as you can before they are vaulted.

I don't know how adding/changing trophies works but these are my thoughts (and not necessarily fact):

Would they remove the trophies completely?

I don't think so. I'm not sure if that's even possible or if it's even been done before, but it would probably cause an outrage with players who had already gone to the effort of earning them all (myself included).

Would they change the trophies?

The DLC is for 'Forsaken' - what happens if they change every trophy- it's not Forsaken any more- can they change the name of the 'add on' (i.e. the thing that groups the trophies together as DLC outside of the main game)?

If they change the trophies, would they change it to trophies from another DLC?

Changing the trophies at all causes the actual meaning of them to be somewhat lost for all who earned the trophy before a supposed change, particularly if the trophies are changed to another DLC which some players who played Forsaken may not even own. And if they do this- are they setting themselves up to have to change the trophies again in future? If the DLC they change the trophies to also gets vaulted later down the line? I believe this contributes to why they did not bother adding more trophies for other DLCs after Forsaken.

What if they change the trophies to base game content?

This seems unfair for the players who paid for Forsaken to earn the trophies.

Okay okay, so if they change the trophies, what else might this involve?

I would assume there would have to be some effort put towards finding 10 activities/events/etc in the game that are of an equivalent difficulty to what the original trophies required, otherwise it seems unfair if the trophies are made significantly easier/harder.

Why bother changing the trophies if Forsaken will eventually be 'unvaulted'?

If the idea is that Forsaken will eventually be brought back from the vault then perhaps they will leave the trophies as is, and for a time, they will be unobtainable. This would be easiest for them because they don't then have to go through and change any trophies.

If you've made it to the end of my lengthy thoughts then thanks for reading- and I am interested to hear yours. My ultimate suspicion would be that they might not change these trophies- as there is potential for it to become an ongoing problem. My recommendation- definitely earn the trophies as soon as you can.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet the requirements will be changed to something not tied to the vaulted content. The DLC list already contains some of them (like getting 5k Triumph Points) which is doable even without owning an expansion.

If someone asked me for advice on whether they should rush and finish it before it gets vaulted - don't bother.

Update: Looking further into it, Bungie is only vaulting the main storyline and some minor expansion activities. If you want to be safe you could simply finish the campaign and finish an Exotic quest (which again, would still likely be accessible after the vault).

Edited by Sydoki

Bungie's track record on keeping trophies obtainable as the game evolves has been pretty good so far. My guess is they'll change it from completing the Forsaken story to completing the story for any season. That's generic enough it'll be doable no matter what happens in the future. But that's just a guess.

The safest thing to do is just complete the Forsaken story while it's still available. If you haven't bought the DLC yet, Bungie already announced the Forsaken story will be going free-to-play starting on 7 December. So everyone currently playing will have the opportunity to get that trophy before the Forsaken campaign is vaulted in February.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Only 1 trophy is affected by this decision and that's the one for finishing the Forsaken storyline, all the others will remain obtainable.

What about the exotic quest? While the Shattered Throne will remain it can affect the wish-ender bow (it has a quest phase in the tangled shore), imo they will probably put both malfeasance and the wish-ender bow in the kiosk, i would do that trophy as well just in case!

Edited by Teh_DDgamez

2 hours ago, Teh_DDgamez said:

What about the exotic quest? While the Shattered Throne will remain it can affect the wish-ender bow (it has a quest phase in the tangled shore), imo they will probably put both malfeasance and the wish-ender bow in the kiosk, i would do that trophy as well just in case!

That trophy isn't directly affected by this change so will still be obtainable.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:53 AM, Teh_DDgamez said:

IIRC exotics from previous seasons/expansions are obtainable through a vendor for exotic cypher chips. Once you get one, you can talk to a gunsmith to get an upgrade quest which might count towards the trophy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sydoki said:

IIRC exotics from previous seasons/expansions are obtainable through a vendor for exotic cypher chips. Once you get one, you can talk to a gunsmith to get an upgrade quest which might count towards the trophy.

That's a really good point, if that unlocks the trophy than it's super safe to say it'll still work.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:52 AM, Alindawyl said:

Bungie's track record on keeping trophies obtainable as the game evolves has been pretty good so far. My guess is they'll change it from completing the Forsaken story to completing the story for any season. That's generic enough it'll be doable no matter what happens in the future. But that's just a guess.

The safest thing to do is just complete the Forsaken story while it's still available. If you haven't bought the DLC yet, Bungie already announced the Forsaken story will be going free-to-play starting on 7 December. So everyone currently playing will have the opportunity to get that trophy before the Forsaken campaign is vaulted in February.

They have been really good at updating as it goes on. I do feel for new players because base vanilla trophies were very easy compared to what they are now. 

My only hope is that they include all seals in the "Seal the Deal" trophy". I am close to the Gambit seal but mate.... I am over Gambit. 

I can back with season of the Splicer and have only just gotten raid ready - Last Wish this weekend I hope. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 0:37 AM, Jounochi said:

Most likely unobtainable until they are unvaulted.  I have heard that Forsaken will be free to play in early December.

Are you sure?? Damnnnn I was hust going to buy it.

Guys I am new tl destiny 2 I will start it in mid december so what about doing forsaken? Can I get 100% on it before tje main trophy list? Can someone explain me if the trophy guide in this site is still accurate? What are the trophy roadmap for 2021 in this game? Thank you!  

On 12/10/2021 at 1:23 PM, HuntingFever said:

Only 1 trophy is affected by this decision and that's the one for finishing the Forsaken storyline, all the others will remain obtainable.

Confirmed? And how many hours are involved in 100%the DLC? Thank you

On 12/10/2021 at 1:52 PM, Alindawyl said:

Will it be temporaly or at some point in december will it be nit available anymore? Because I think I will be doing this in mid-end of december

11 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

Will it be temporaly or at some point in december will it be nit available anymore? Because I think I will be doing this in mid-end of december

The Forsaken campaign goes free to play on 7 December, and that content will be vaulted on 22 February. So there will be plenty of time to complete the Forsaken campaign. I don’t remember how long it took me to do it back in 2018, but it was under 10 hours.

Destiny is designed to be a grind, so some trophies across the base game and DLC will take quite a while to achieve. The game is a big time investment.

40 minutes ago, Alindawyl said:

The Forsaken campaign goes free to play on 7 December, and that content will be vaulted on 22 February. So there will be plenty of time to complete the Forsaken campaign. I don’t remember how long it took me to do it back in 2018, but it was under 10 hours.

Destiny is designed to be a grind, so some trophies across the base game and DLC will take quite a while to achieve. The game is a big time investment.

I just dont understand something, only the campaign will be free which means that I still neeed to buy Forsaken frln PS Store for the other trophies? Or are all DLC trophies obtainable free from 7th december?

2 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

I just dont understand something, only the campaign will be free which means that I still neeed to buy Forsaken frln PS Store for the other trophies? Or are all DLC trophies obtainable free from 7th december?

Only the campaign is going free to play.

Bungie will be adding a new DLC to the store on 7 December called "The Forsaken Pack". Anyone who already owns the original Forsaken DLC at the time this new DLC is added will automatically get the new DLC for free. Anyone who does not own the original Forsaken DLC starting 7 December will have to buy this new DLC if they want access to the remaining Forsaken content.

You will need the new DLC to enter the Last Wish raid, to enter the Shattered Throne dungeon, and for "access to all of the Forsaken Exotics". It's unknown at this time if that wording means some Forsaken Exotics will be accessible without this new DLC. It's also unknown at this time what the price will be for The Forsaken Pack. I would guess it'll be less than the current Forsaken DLC because it won't include the campaign. But we won't know for certain until Bungie tell us.

I am not certain if any Forsaken trophies are obtainable without owning Forsaken. Almost half of the Forsaken trophies don't have anything to do with the DLC directly (complete a collection badge, complete a triumph seal, earn 5000 triumph points, and win a Gambit match), but the ability to earn those trophies may be locked to DLC owners. However, you definitely need to own the DLC to do the Last Wish raid. So if you want 100% then it doesn't matter if any of the rest can be obtained without the DLC. The raid trophy definitely can't.

4 hours ago, Alindawyl said:

Only the campaign is going free to play.

Bungie will be adding a new DLC to the store on 7 December called "The Forsaken Pack". Anyone who already owns the original Forsaken DLC at the time this new DLC is added will automatically get the new DLC for free. Anyone who does not own the original Forsaken DLC starting 7 December will have to buy this new DLC if they want access to the remaining Forsaken content.

You will need the new DLC to enter the Last Wish raid, to enter the Shattered Throne dungeon, and for "access to all of the Forsaken Exotics". It's unknown at this time if that wording means some Forsaken Exotics will be accessible without this new DLC. It's also unknown at this time what the price will be for The Forsaken Pack. I would guess it'll be less than the current Forsaken DLC because it won't include the campaign. But we won't know for certain until Bungie tell us.

I am not certain if any Forsaken trophies are obtainable without owning Forsaken. Almost half of the Forsaken trophies don't have anything to do with the DLC directly (complete a collection badge, complete a triumph seal, earn 5000 triumph points, and win a Gambit match), but the ability to earn those trophies may be locked to DLC owners. However, you definitely need to own the DLC to do the Last Wish raid. So if you want 100% then it doesn't matter if any of the rest can be obtained without the DLC. The raid trophy definitely can't.

Thank you so much thats what I needed to hear. If bungie realese that new pack it should be good then after 22 february, so only important thing to do would be to complete Forsaken campaign thank you